Miracle in Montreal | Habs vs. Rangers | 19/02/08

Cataclaw

I'm loving Komi's fire, but he needs to reel it in a bit while the game is still somewhat in reach...hey, ya gotta believe or else I'd be watching th Leafs :lol: The Habs get the next goal early, the Rangers will be seriously looking over their shoulders.

If they can score 3 on the Devils in New Jersey in the 3rd period then anything is possible

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had an important call and left for 5 minutes, i missed the Komisarek drama.

What did he do, why did the fans throw stuff on the ice?

And thank you everyone for the condolences!

Edited by Cataclaw

He went down way early. Simple as that. Just because butterfly goalies go down, doesn't mean it is the right play.

The puck was not a wrap around, he didn't need to cover the post or bottom of the net.

From the replay I saw the first one looked like it would have went in anyways.

But whatever, I am not defending Price. I could have used a weak excuse and said that the Jagr shot was tipped by Dubinsky

and that is why Price gave up the rebound, but that would be weak. All were stoppable pucks, none were stopped.

LOL.,,,

He had 0.1 seconds to decide.. he knows a guy is in the slot and the puck is coming.. the play is to take away as much of the net as possible because a glove can't move that fast.. so you go down.. Price does it all the time too, and if it hits his chest, he is a genius. :) ... Of course, in hindsight.. he could have stood up and had his glove covering the top corner.. then if the shot was low.. you would complain about that.....

I guess we just have different expectations of goalies. I always consider the shot, reaction time, screens, etc.. before I blame the goalie... Sure all were stoppable, but the odds were that at least 3 of those 5 would go in.. imo.

Whatever.. :rolleyes:

Had an important call and left for 5 minutes, i missed the Komisarek drama.

What did he do, why did the fans throw stuff on the ice?

And thank you everyone for the condolences!

Fans didn't like the second Komi penalty

LOL.,,,

He had 0.1 seconds to decide.. he knows a guy is in the slot and the puck is coming.. the play is to take away as much of the net as possible because a glove can't move that fast.. so you go down.. Price does it all the time too, and if it hits his chest, he is a genius. :) ... Of course, in hindsight.. he could have stood up and had his glove covering the top corner.. then if the shot was low.. you would complain about that.....

I guess we just have different expectations of goalies. I always consider the shot, reaction time, screens, etc.. before I blame the goalie... Sure all were stoppable, but the odds were that at least 3 of those 5 would go in.. imo.

Whatever.. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that is the play, not to follow the puck. Go down and hope it hits you. That is what butterfly goaltending is all about.

Price and Melanson have continually talked about him not dropping to early and not commiting. It actually saved the Florida

game when Price held just the extra half second which allowed him to just tip it over the net. If he was on his knees it would

have been in and everybody would have said he had no chance.

But Huet is infallable in your eyes, so I don't know why I bother. I don't cut Price slack on any of those goals, I could, but the

way he has been playing those were not acceptable. Neither were sharp, and that is why it is 5-2.

Oh sorry I was sleeping................. actually just spooning with Price between periods we are both really tired this evening and we don't feel like playing.

ROFL....

Next time you two lovers get together, you do the work and have Price save his strength... ;)

Seems like the reffing is blatantly one-sided tonight.

3rd period will be interesting...

Yeah I think most of the high sticking penaltys have almost always been below the shoulders

and boy are the Rangers good bleeders.

Anyone have Ryder's stats when not playing on the 1st line this year? He seems to hit the net when the pressure of playing with the other 2 strugglers is off. Guess we ended the "we can trade Huet now and go with Price" talk for a couple weeks? Not unless we are getting Brodeur! Mikey gets natural, Kovy and Pleks add the others to tie we win in OT. I hope :rolleyes:

In any case Ryder has higher his value in the last two games.

It went up from a bag of puck to a round draft pick.

He score another one and we get a secound rounder.

He gets hot with another goal against Pitsburg and its skyvalue, like nothing happended all year,

weird eh? Better case scenario is that. i do not care about this lost, every time it reminds

people and the players to stay feet on the ground and do not underestimate your opponents.

Yeah, that is the play, not to follow the puck. Go down and hope it hits you. That is what butterfly goaltending is all about.

Price and Melanson have continually talked about him not dropping to early and not commiting. It actually saved the Florida

game when Price held just the extra half second which allowed him to just tip it over the net. If he was on his knees it would

But Huet is infallable in your eyes, so I don't know why I bother. I don't cut Price slack on any of those goals, I could, but the

way he has been playing those were not acceptable. Neither were sharp, and that is why it is 5-2.

Both guys are really good at giving us a chance to win most games, even when the team is not great in front of them...it's just not that way tonight. It happens.

Both guys are really good at giving us a chance to win most games, even when the team is not great in front of them...it's just not that way tonight. It happens.

No blame, this is on the team. The goalies are not getting a free pass is all I am saying

Bah.. I have called out Huet plenty. I just whine about every goal price or huet lets in.

sheesh.. the puck is tipped past him and you come up with the theory that it was going in anyway.. I don't recall me being here bitching about that bad goal Price let in sunday.. they one where he was on his knees waving his blocker at a puck floating down to the net... Funny, i don't recall you blaming him on that one either... .

Both these goalies are fallable, both let in weak goals.. just not as many as you imagine..... I swear, there is not a goalie in this league you would like if you saw all their games.

THESE REFS ARE AWFUL!!!

hopefully we can draw some penalties in the 3rd and get some quick goals with the PP...but by the way the refs are calling things tonight, I don't see us having a PP the rest of the game.

Pleaseeee have a strong third!

Anyone have Ryder's stats when not playing on the 1st line this year? He seems to hit the net when the pressure of playing with the other 2 strugglers is off. Guess we ended the "we can trade Huet now and go with Price" talk for a couple weeks? Not unless we are getting Brodeur! Mikey gets natural, Kovy and Pleks add the others to tie we win in OT. I hope :rolleyes:

I don't think anything has changed because Price had one bad outing, Brodeur has them too. I think everybody would love to keep Huet, but probably not for the money he's going to want.

Bah.. I have called out Huet plenty. I just whine about every goal price or huet lets in.

sheesh.. the puck is tipped past him and you come up with the theory that it was going in anyway.. I don't recall me being here bitching about that bad goal Price let in sunday.. they one where he was on his knees waving his blocker at a puck floating down to the net... Funny, i don't recall you blaming him on that one either... .

Both these goalies are fallable, both let in weak goals.. just not as many as you imagine..... I swear, there is not a goalie in this league you would like if you saw all their games.

WTF are you talking about?

I hold them accountable for goals I think should be stopped. You are on here fighting nightly anytime somebody says Huet let in a bad one.

I called the one goal in Florida that he let in a weak goal, some on the board disagreed and I reserved judgement til I saw it again.

I still think it was a poor reaction on his part. Then on Sunday I defended the first goal as a nice play by Richards. The floater was suspect

big deal.

These guys are professional goaltenders. If you want to give Huet a free pass, feel free. I don't, and I don't give Price any either.

Only pass Price gets from me is that he is 20, not 32 and in his prime.