Game Thread | Habs vs. Penguins | 21/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

game33-pix5.jpg

What an amazing picture. Look at the RAGE on K-Rex's face! i definitely would NOT want to be on the receiving end of that punch!

I'm a bit nervous about tonight's game. I hope the Penguisn go with Conklin and not another one of these unknown Québecois Goalies who sooooo enjoy coming into Montreal and beating us. I also hope the boys will be motivated. It would be normal for them to be overconfident. I just hope Carbo and Muller have prepared them well for this one, cause it won't be an easy game!

I'm a bit nervous about tonight's game. I hope the Penguisn go with Conklin and not another one of these unknown Québecois Goalies who sooooo enjoy coming into Montreal and beating us. I also hope the boys will be motivated. It would be normal for them to be overconfident. I just hope Carbo and Muller have prepared them well for this one, cause it won't be an easy game!

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/246268.html

Sabourin again.

GO HABS GO

Nervous? After the last 3o minutes at the Bell? C'mon Habsfan, if anyone should have cold feet it would be a Pen. No pun intended :D Do you think they want to skate into our house after what we did to the Rags? I don't think so. We chase their punk kid goalie 5 minutes in.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Nervous? After the last 3o minutes at the Bell? C'mon Habsfan, if anyone should have cold feet it would be a Pen. No pun intended :D Do you think they want to skate into our house after what we did to the Rags? I don't think so. We chase their punk kid goalie 5 minutes in.

Ala Vokun in Florida I would love that.

Fv.ck!

Nervous? After the last 3o minutes at the Bell? C'mon Habsfan, if anyone should have cold feet it would be a Pen. No pun intended Do you think they want to skate into our house after what we did to the Rags? I don't think so. We chase their punk kid goalie 5 minutes in.

The Pens aren'T really the ones who make me nervous, it's the Habs and Sabourin. We all saw how flat our boys can come out sometimes(Tampa-Bay) and we all remember how Sabourin played the last time Pittsburgh was in town!

spacer.jpggame33-pix4.jpg

:lol:

That picture is too funny. They're bum chums!

Anyways, I'm half expecting our guys to come out sloppy, the crowd will be rockin before the first puck drop and it might be hard to focus. We just have to keep our feet under us, and work hard. We better not let another no-name career-backup home-town boy come in and shut us out again.

My prediction: 4-3 win. Goals by Kovalev, Latendresse, Higgins, A. Kostitsyn

Edited by Neech

The possibility of a let-down after the Miracle in Montreal is EXTREMELY high.

In fact, if the Habs come out flying, I'll take that as evidence of a surprising degree of readiness to do serious playoff damage. Odds are, we lay a bit of an egg. But with this bunch, hey, anything good is possible.

The guys aren't dumb. They know well enough not to sit by complacently.

If anything the fact they got off to a 0-5 start will be reason enough not to "need" to have to catch up 6-5 next time around.

I predict a very very strong first period, average second period, and average third period.

Fv.ck!

The Pens aren'T really the ones who make me nervous, it's the Habs and Sabourin. We all saw how flat our boys can come out sometimes(Tampa-Bay) and we all remember how Sabourin played the last time Pittsburgh was in town!

No.

The boys are on a high; they have seen what they can be. Montreal is going to come out like a cross between a Ferrari and a tank.

I understand what Habsfan is saying... francophones tend to do well against us, in Montreal. That always makes me a little nervous too, but in a battle between:

Nervousness generated by francos always doing well against us and the character and drive of this Habs team, i'll pick the later.

That could very well be a possibility. Crowd cheers the Habs like crazy at the start of the game, 3 quick goals and Sabourin's sitting on the Pens bench.

Killer instinct!

I'd settle for 3 quick shots. :rolleyes: ................Seriously though if they can't get up to start this game [and play with the intensity they finished the last game] then there something wrong. This time of year (and heading into the playoffs) there's no excuse for coming out flat at home!

This could be a game that makes BG's final decision on either:

A) Getting an impact player (Hossa, Tanguay, Sundin :blink: .... manthat sounds weird)

B) Making a minor move (aquirring a faceoff man or a good forchecking enforcer)

C) Stay with the team as it is and ride the chemistry and team spirit and maybe wait till next year for an impact player.

Anyways,

:ghg: :ghg:

Ryder scored 2 goals last game and get benched as a reward?

Where'd you see that. I thought same scratches. Only reason i can think of Ryder being scratched is because there is a deal imminent, and the Habs don't wanna risk injury.

Speaking of Malkin...

This guy is just amazing and I don't think he can really thrive behind Crosby, since he doesn't get the ice time or wingers. Imagine having him as our number 1 centre with some of the great young talent coming up to play on his wing...

There has long been speculation that Pittsburgh will trade one of Malkin or Crosby as some point as they doubt they can afford both of them as well as Staal. He won't come cheap in terms of players in the deal, but I am starting to think he is the most available and best talent that will be available in the next couple of years.

Imagine getting him and locking him up for 5 to 10 years. If possible, I would take him over Vinny...

Not only that, does this guy really want to spend his career playing second fiddle to Crosby????

Where'd you see that. I thought same scratches. Only reason i can think of Ryder being scratched is because there is a deal imminent, and the Habs don't wanna risk injury.

For Tanguay :clap: :hlogo:

We can only hope