Game Thread | Habs vs. Penguins | 21/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah.. did our defense tip that again.. they have to stop that and let the goalie get it...

I guess you have to take the good with the bad, our D blocks a lot of shots, so I guess we can't really complain.

He is playing.. but Slo mo is in for Begin.. Begin is apparently hurt. :(

Oh I am not watching as of yet

Dandy tipped it.. then off the post, then off the back of Huet... talk about not getting the bounces....

and it was not even close to a block.. he stuck his stick out.. but technically he is playing forward.. it was not our real defense. :)

We're waiting for the game to start, ie. Pens 4-Habs 0

bite your tongue ^_^

Have they come up flat? the gamecast would say so.

Edited by Wamsley01

Yeah.. me too..

Here is the scoop.. Huet made a bunch of nice saves as the habs are a bit flat... but the habs have been getting better...

Malkin scares the crap out of me everytime he comes over the bluelines...

The dandy, lats, smo line just had the best offensive shift yet, helped by Markov and his usual brilliant cross ice feeds.

Pretty even so far really...

Well.. huet is looking solid tonight.. and Kovalev just made a very pretty move...

and I just jinxed huet... :(

sheesh.. another bad give away.. boys need to settle down and start playing in the pens end of the ice...

I thought we came out pretty good, the bottom two lines especially. A couple of bad giveaways but really, a ridiculous double deflection goal and then one huet stops 99% of the time.

We'll come out even better in the 2nd.

JINX

Sabourin does seem to be on his way to consecutive shutouts of the :hlogo:

Ugg, down 2-0 after the first. 2 goals tipped in it looked like. Bad giveaway by Markov on the 2nd goal. Outshot 15-8, i didn't think it was that bad. Lats off the post. Habs need to get one past Sabourin to break the ice. Then the floodgates will open. Higgins has got to get going. Not sure if it's the trade talk or what, but he's skating but not doing much with the puck. Begin hurt, that's gotta be the only reason Smokes is in the lineup. Can't say he brings much to the table at this point.

Cmon Habs, wake up and get back in this game.

sheesh, down 2-0 after 1. The boys better smarten up, we can't pull off these comebacks any time we'd like. As for goaltending, I don't blame Huet for the first goal, but boy oh boy he could've EASILY stopped the second goal, that goal was plain awful. I've noticed our goaltendings isn't bad, but terribly inconsistant. hopefully huet recovers in the 2nd and 3rd periods.