Cristobal Huet Appreciation Thread

JLP

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonne Chance mon ami!

A true professional and consumate team player. Loved the message he left in the dressing room bulletin board for his teammates...

he is a class act all they way.

I hope after he retires he joins the Habs organization as an Ambassador to Europe.

I havent heared that thing in the media...what was it??

Huet, have a good one.

BTW JMMR, do they need some more Ambassadors? ;)

"Had an awesome time with you off and on the ice. Best of luck."

All class! He did a nice job bridging the gap. Unfortunately he could never regain that 2006 form. Thanks Hu-ET! :clap:

Thanks for the Memories Christo-Wall. You stood on your Fn head too many times and burned out. You brought the true definition of what it means to be a goalie back to Montreal, and have been the best goalie to watch since Roy in Montreal so far. You will be missed in the CH Jersey :hlogo: Good Luck in Washington and keep the Christo-Wall standing tall. :clap:

Thanks for the Memories Christo-Wall. You stood on your Fn head too many times and burned out. You brought the true definition of what it means to be a goalie back to Montreal, and have been the best goalie to watch since Roy in Montreal so far. You will be missed in the CH Jersey :hlogo: Good Luck in Washington and keep the Christo-Wall standing tall. :clap:

Why does everybody say this? Theo won the MVP of the league in 2002. THE LEAGUE. And he beat out Roy for that honour.

He also stole a playoff series and very nearly stole two.

Did this happen or did I just make this up in my head?

Why does everybody say this? Theo won the MVP of the league in 2002. THE LEAGUE. And he beat out Roy for that honour.

He also stole a playoff series and very nearly stole two.

Did this happen or did I just make this up in my head?

I, like you Wamsley, am lost and confused by statements like that.

To those posters I have another question......

Why the Hell do we have a thread for a Washington goaltender?

Mods close and delete this thread please.

Better yet, email it to Cristobal...... maybe it will supply closure for him and the faithful here still discussing him in a past tense like he is a saint.

I, like you Wamsley, am lost and confused by statements like that.

Better yet, email it to Cristobal...... maybe it will supply closure for him and the faithful here still discussing him in a past tense like he is a saint.

I am going to use that to misquote you in future :)

I like you Wamsley - Habitforming

This surely can't be the first appreciation thread you've come across...

No one is nominating Huet for sainthood, but the preceding posts would indicate that many Habs fans did enjoy his stint (for the most part) in Montreal. But if reminiscing about good memories bothers you so much, I'd advise skipping over these types of threads for your own sake.

I'll sign in this thread because of the name.

I will miss Huet. I liked his style a lot and everybody loves underdogs, and I think Huet defines that in a way.

Yeah he always had that dramatic story, Frenchman who doesn't start playing hockey until a late age, becomes starting goaltender for the Canadiens. The stuff movies are made of really.

Huet was instrument on things changing for the Habs. He was our glory guard. I wish him well. :hlogo:

Huet made the grade on a Habs goalie standard. He deserves the kudos.

Huet was likely the best student Melanson ever had for the butterfly block...he got it and employed it better than most. I agree with you that he helped turn a disastrous situation around for the Habs. For that I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for him.

I don't usually bother with these threads, but he was a class act and a very solid contributor. Any guy who takes responsibility for a trade on his own shoulders deserves respect, and he has earned it in spades. As mentioned earlier this thread, he very much reminds me of Hackett - two guys you could rely on, didn't get overly worked up about anything, and were classy to the fans and media even when those same were riled and whiny; and that's especially tough to do in Montreal.

Huet was a breath of fresh air and helped this franchise turn a corner and appreciation from the Montreal fans is more than deserved.

I look forward to seeing his success in Washington and beyond. Hopefully he finds the right place in which to ply his trade and continue building on the foundation of a solid career he essentially started here in Montreal.

I don't go in for these kind of threads either. but " I didn't play well enough..." More class I haven't seen lately from NHL players.