Cristobal Huet Appreciation Thread

JLP

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People here in Washington were not too excited when Caps got Huet. They were wondering why the Caps need 3 goalies. The GM was trying to explain his move on local tv, and how they will let the 3 goalies battle for the job.

I mean, Kolzig and Brent Johnson. Huet is a huge upgrade. No brainer. I'd be excited if I was a Caps fan.

Oh, and now Huet gets the SHO but Kolzig is going to start next game.. coach explaining how Kolzig played a great game in his last start... Anyways

People here in Washington were not too excited when Caps got Huet. They were wondering why the Caps need 3 goalies. The GM was trying to explain his move on local tv, and how they will let the 3 goalies battle for the job.

I mean, Kolzig and Brent Johnson. Huet is a huge upgrade. No brainer. I'd be excited if I was a Caps fan.

Oh, and now Huet gets the SHO but Kolzig is going to start next game.. coach explaining how Kolzig played a great game in his last start... Anyways

I have a few friends who are caps fans and they are crazed right now.

Good first game by Huet for the Caps...notice his mask is already painted in Caps colours? That's very unusual so soon after a trade.

I believe they were stickers. he just placed a Capitals sticker over the Habs logo.

Seeing as all his gear his Red/White/Blue he doesn't look out of place. Not like Mike Smith anyways

And on the back he just placed stickers over his numbers

I have a few friends who are caps fans and they are crazed right now.

That's what I would think/expect. The local media weren't though. They are talking like if he'll have to fight for his #1 spot.

FYI/BTW He was wearing #38 tonight

Why is Kolzing starting the next game?

Listen, if you thought WE had a goaltending controversy...try and be the new kid on the block with an 8 year starting goalie who was the face of the franchise + a reliable backup getting booted to the curb. The goaltending situation is just plain weird in Washington now! Watch Kolzig shine for the rest of this season...a serious fire has been lit under him.

That's what I would think/expect. The local media weren't though. They are talking like if he'll have to fight for his #1 spot.

FYI/BTW He was wearing #38 tonight

might have had something to do with me singing the praises of Cristo.

Ya what do ya no we trade him but he continues to help us out with a win over Jersey.

I think Gainey had that planned. There's your reason for Gainey trading Huet to the Caps.

He is wearing #38 because a player on the team already had 39.

huet_77605.jpg

Huet-022908.jpg

Huet_Cristobal.jpg

The funny thing is that his pads that he wore for the Habs still work for the Caps colours. Maybe Gainey had that planned to.

Edited by Habsfan84

ummm... that belonged to that other goalie..

Yeah...the number may not be reitred in Montreal, but I don't think management would allow another goalie to wear it, even if that goalie were foolish enough to want to.

I do believe huet now wears number 33 in Washington.

I don't thikn anyone would be foolish enough to request number 33 from the habs!

Because Huet can't beat Toronto.....????

OR...

They said they were going to alternate to see who wins the job...

OR...

They don't put their number one guy in for the Leafs, like most teams in the league. :)

They don't put their number one guy in for the Leafs, like most teams in the league. :)

I think the NHL should do a search to see how many backup goalies each team plays against. I think it would be interesting and Toronto would probably of faced half of backups in their games puting them on top of the list.

Huet is still the Man....I really think some people on this board criticized him WAY too much considering he stood on his Fn head for us for so many games and got 30+ shots per game that he was bound to burn out....Let the Christo-Wall Stand Tall In Washington!