Price's Mask

MMPL

Price's Mask  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Carey Price's Goalie mask?

• Yeah
    • No
    • As long as it has the CH!

I've heard many comments about Price's mask here so i wanted to take a vote...

IMO its a very great looking mask with some meaning behind it.

:clap:

:hlogo:

he can put what he wants but I wonder if hidden in there is a First Nations Item? he should have like a Dream Catcher or something in the forground! Like You just keep dreaming u will score on me!!!

As long as he gets in front of the Puck its fine..

Theo had a very good mask when he played for us and i guess it still is a good mask on the Avs right now.

I like it, goes with his western look. I loved his team Canada one though.

Edited by Shu

I hate his mask. He should go with some Native American theme that ties in the west coast, maybe some good artwork? Having country music singers on your mask doesn't make sense. Still, I can see that being a problem with colour schemes not working within the red, white and blue.

Edited by les_glorieux

Actually it makes a lot of sense. I am from BC, and a lot of the Natives there are lovingly referred to as Chilcotin Cowboys. Obviously not by everyone, but if you ever go to Williams Lake or 100 mile House, you will see that a lot of the Natives dress like cowboys. That area is all ranch land. There is a big rodeo too. Haida art is exclusive to the west coast and the Carriers and Chilcotin did not have totem poles and stuff like that, that I know of. Country music is also extremely popular in that area as well. Aneheim Lake is 100 km. west of Williams Lake, so it may have some artistic influence from Bella Coola or Bella Bella, which are coastal towns, but I don't think so. I really think the kid just wanted a symbol to keep him grounded, so when he looks at it, he goes that's who I am. Playing hockey is just my job. I agree that he should have a little joe cool snoopy somewhere on there though.

Edited by BCHabnut

As long as he wins games as JMMR said, I don't care. But personally, I don't really like it. I know he's a westerner, and he likes rodeo and country music, but he's playing in Montreal... not Calgary. I just figure he should show a little more respect for the Canadiens tradition. No rodeos in Montreal.

What if Price was from Newfoundland? Would it be okay for him to picture of a codfish, or a fisherman, or a bottle of screech on his mask? It just doesn't fit.

But hey, just keep winning Carey.

As long as he wins games as JMMR said, I don't care. But personally, I don't really like it. I know he's a westerner, and he likes rodeo and country music, but he's playing in Montreal... not Calgary. I just figure he should show a little more respect for the Canadiens tradition. No rodeos in Montreal.

What if Price was from Newfoundland? Would it be okay for him to picture of a codfish, or a fisherman, or a bottle of screech on his mask? It just doesn't fit.

Yeah I would have no problem with anything, at least its not Mike Tyson.

I don't mind him injecting his own personality or culture into his mask.

I'm not a fan of the country singers, but they're honestly not as bad as some people here think. I agree with the poster who said some native west coast artwork could look pretty cool if done tastefully, much better than a dude in a cowboy hat.

Yeah! I like his mask. As long as he continues to play like he is, giving us a chance to win, he can wear what ever he wishes...

GO HABS GO!