Hossa injures knee in Penguins debut

InsaneHABSfan

TSN STORY LINK

Marian Hossa's first game as a Pittsburgh Penguin ended pre-maturely as the Slovakian sniper left after suffering a grade 1 strain of his MCL.

The injury occurred in the second period of the Penguins game against the Boston Bruins when Hossa collided knee-on-knee with Glen Murray. He immediately left the ice and did not return.

TSN STORY LINK

Marian Hossa's first game as a Pittsburgh Penguin ended pre-maturely as the Slovakian sniper left after suffering a grade 1 strain of his MCL.

The injury occurred in the second period of the Penguins game against the Boston Bruins when Hossa collided knee-on-knee with Glen Murray. He immediately left the ice and did not return.

Yep. This is going to suck for Pens management.

"grade 1" sprain?

what does that mean? did he fall off the monkey bars at recess?

It means that Ray Shero is going to get roasted if the Pens dont perform.

I know its wrong but my first, (and ok , my second and third ) reaction was a childish glee.

As Bugs Bunny used to say: " I'm terrible".

The Sens loss was icing on the cake

:clap: :hlogo: :clap:

It means that Ray Shero is going to get roasted if the Pens dont perform.

I know its wrong but my first, (and ok , my second and third ) reaction was a childish glee.

As Bugs Bunny used to say: " I'm terrible".

The Sens loss was icing on the cake

:clap: :hlogo: :clap:

I wouldn't say I'm glad about this. I'm glad the Pens just got burned from a Habs fan stand point, but it isn't really funny. Price and Halak could go down and we're left with Danis, that wouldn't be funny........and no.......No ones going to burn. It's an injury. How could this have been predicted? You can't go pointing fingers at anyone.....It was a good deal on paper. The Pens looked scary with Hossa.........but he's hurt, How is that Shero's fault?

Anyways........let's hope the Habs stay healthy for the remainder of the season and play-offs ....this could have been us.

How long does an injury like this keep one out......approx?

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

I laughed too.

The irony is astounding.

Oh yeah, I phoned my sister about this too since I was curious (she's a nurse), he should miss 1-2 weeks.

Oh, I was kinda hoping that it was like Heatlys. Enought to put him out until the playoffs where he wouldnt matter anyway.

:hlogo:

It's not right to laugh at the injury, but it is good that it hurts the Pens playoff push in the standings.

Again, I only posted this news item as it pertains to the playoff push; not any feelings of bad for the player. In fact I hope the Habs can acquire Hossa in the offseason. If he is out 1 week, then it is not too bad. Any more then that, the Pens are really weak from the players they traded away.

Players tend to exert themselves in their respective debuts with a new club - so it shouldn't be too surprising that this happened. If anything, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

I can only imagine how much heat the organization (as a whole) would take if Hossa was injured long-term and didn't re-up with the Pens in the off-season.