Habs vs. Devils | 01.03.08

Cataclaw

Montreal always seems to choke when they have an opportunity to take first overall, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that today. I think Smoke may play by virtue of the way he played last game against NJ. I don't care which goalie plays, as long as we get the win!

GO HABS GO!!!!

Always? How many times do you remember a game that would have put us in 1st that wasn't early season?

Ok, once this year so far, yes we almost did it a few weeks back , then "choked".

You have false negetive sentiments that were probably planted from the last decade of poor performance.

This is not a "choking" franchise. Never was nor will be.

For the definition of "choke" head North West.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always? How many times do you remember a game that would have put us in 1st that wasn't early season?

Ok, once this year so far, yes we almost did it a few weeks back , then "choked".

You have false negetive sentiments that were probably planted from the last decade of poor performance.

This is not a "choking" franchise. Never was nor will be.

For the definition of "choke" head North West.

There were 3 instances in February in which we had opportunity to either tie or surpass Ottawa in the standings for 1st in the East and we lost them all. (to TOR, OTT and TB). We came out flat in all 3 games, and you can't help but consider what effect the ramifications of the game may have had. The Habs are a young team, and the media bluster can (and likely does) have an impact on our young players, which can lead to choking under pressure.

Will this trend continue? Who knows, but the odds become lesser every day. Please note that I never said that the Habs would continue to choke, simply that they had in the past, and I certainly NEVER deemed them a choking franchise. If you think that it's negative to point out that we haven't been first overall YET, in light of that we typically have troubles against NJ, then I can't imagine you reading the other posts at Habsworld. Sure I'm not brimming with optimism, but it's a stretch to call me negative.

Not exactly the optimism I would expect going into this game. So we split the season series so far with NJ and PIT and have had a hard time with OTT. How does that bear on tonight's game?? I don't think it does at all.

In fact, I would be shocked if the boys don't come out FLYING. I expect nothing less than a BALLS OUT performance.

It will definitely come down to goaltending though. Marty has the ability to shut down our early chances and turn the game around single-handedly. Price will need to hold his end of the fort. It will be a great test for him.

Biggest game of the year!

(Too bad F^&*IN CBC will show TOR vs WAS in the east, as a battle of the non-contenders.....PATHETIC)

I'd go with "realism", given the fact that we aren't great against top-rated opponents, and that Brodeur is especially good against us at home. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

Re: The Big Kostitsyn "costing big", I was just trying to be witty. Big Kost, big cost... So sue me.

Although he does deserve a significant raise. As do the rest of the players I named.

I'll be happy if we can at least salvage a point from this game, I really will. Providing Pittsburgh blows out Ottawa.

I'll be happy if we can at least salvage a point from this game, I really will. Providing Pittsburgh blows out Ottawa.

Me too! one point vs the Devils might not be a bad thing. We all know Brodeur (the rat bastard!)LOVES to play in Montreal!

I just hope the boys don't come out flat for this game!

Edited by Habsfan

A. Kost will want a big raise...but we can afford it. Bob might have to structure raises creatively...ie backload more of the money on a four year deal to the period of time when Koivu's inflated salary comes off the books.

That's not how the system works, A. Kost will be an RFA with a grand total of one and a quarter seasons under his belt. He's on pace for 24 goals this year, Higgins had two twenty goal seasons and got a standard RFA contract of two years at 1.7 million cap hit. I think it's likely that Kostitsyn will get a bit more, and I hope that Bob goes for a deal of 3+ years rather than two, because now is when we could lock him for a while cheap.

And your idea work because the salary cap figure is an average of the yearly salary of the contract.

That's not how the system works, A. Kost will be an RFA with a grand total of one and a quarter seasons under his belt. He's on pace for 24 goals this year, Higgins had two twenty goal seasons and got a standard RFA contract of two years at 1.7 million cap hit. I think it's likely that Kostitsyn will get a bit more, and I hope that Bob goes for a deal of 3+ years rather than two, because now is when we could lock him for a while cheap.

And your idea work because the salary cap figure is an average of the yearly salary of the contract.

I'm just worried that he might threaten to pull a Perezhogin (and go back East) unless he gets a longer and larger contract.

I think Bob would probably give it to him, seeing as Koivu and Kovalev will be gone in four years, give or take.

Nothing personal Martin, it's just your french, a goalie, and playing at the Bell centre.........

By gum, you're right! Having spent so long away from Quebec, his French has sunk to a deplorable level.

I'd stick him with a pin just for being a goalie (like drummers and IT support staff, they're a misunderstood and mistrusted breed), but his poor attempts to speaky the frankaise have earned him voodoo status.

:D

</Grammar Nazi>

But a good idea nonetheless. If only we had someone on HW who was good with Flash - I'd love to have a weekly flash voodoo app for different stars.

Edited by TheAussiePosse

Hey guys,

Im in a hotel in the states and my tv dont have rds or cbc, i NEED to watch this game... is there any place on the internet where i can watch it non my laptop?

Any streams or something?

Please respond soon, thanks guys

go habs go!! :hlogo:

Let's go Habs. Get another big win tonite. Looking for another big games for the Kosty bros. Gotta solve Brodeur early and get the ball rolling.

Let's go Habs. Get another big win tonite. Looking for another big games for the Kosty bros. Gotta solve Brodeur early and get the ball rolling.

By gum, you're right! Having spent so long away from Quebec, his French has sunk to a deplorable level.

I'd stick him with a pin just for being a goalie (like drummers and IT support staff, they're a misunderstood and mistrusted breed), but his poor attempts to speaky the frankaise have earned him voodoo status.

:D

</Grammar Nazi>

But a good idea nonetheless. If only we had someone on HW who was good with Flash - I'd love to have a weekly flash voodoo app for different stars.

Not to mention french goalies become stone walls at the bell centre.

Hey guys,

Im in a hotel in the states and my tv dont have rds or cbc, i NEED to watch this game... is there any place on the internet where i can watch it non my laptop?

Any streams or something?

Please respond soon, thanks guys

go habs go!! :hlogo:

Any chance of finding the game on at a bar?

that's probably the best bet. I've called ahead to find places that have centre ice. I've been able to find Habs games via this method almost everywhere, even Austin, TX.

Nah i called a few bars and they said they never had cbc or rds, so im screwed :unsure:

Nah i called a few bars and they said they never had cbc or rds, so im screwed :unsure:

you don't want to ask for CBC or RDS. Nobody has those channels in the US... and probably have never heard of them.

You want to ask for "NHL CENTRE ICE." Don't forget that Centre Ice is likely to use the Fox Sports NY feed.

What town are you in? Buffalo Wild Wings often has NHL.

I'm just worried that he might threaten to pull a Perezhogin (and go back East) unless he gets a longer and larger contract.

I don't see any reason at all to believe this. Perezhogin was not a success here, and was benched for most of the second half of the season. Andrei has had a good season playing on our top line, and he also has his brother on the team here.

you don't want to ask for CBC or RDS. Nobody has those channels in the US... and probably have never heard of them.

You want to ask for "NHL CENTRE ICE." Don't forget that Centre Ice is likely to use the Fox Sports NY feed.

What town are you in? Buffalo Wild Wings often has NHL.

Great point, but im only in Minot. But its worth a try!

Myp2p.eu, do you need sopcast?

the game is being streamed live at cbcsports.ca

Edited by lazy26