Maxwell signs with Montreal

MAK

the usual 3y deal :clap:

I know it was only a matter of time before it was done but it's always nice to know we won't lose him in the draft !!

rds

Edited by marky_and_komi

The AHL teams are allowed 1 extra spot for junior or college players. I'm guessing that this signing means Maxwell will join the Bulldogs if his junior team is eliminated.

grabovski replacement, I'd guess.

I hope he turns out to be better than Lucic.

What's wrong with Lucic? He's not bad... he does what he's good at...

I like him a lot, but it's a bit sad that he's our best prospect at center, Grabovski included...

Actually, after all the promotions of the last two years, what's left, at forward that's not on the team??!( I say at forward because we know we now have the BEST dcorp in minors ever!! Think about all those guys, Mcdo, Valentenko, Subban, Fischer, Carle, etc)

One would think that we we're getting slim there... but NO!

Maxwell, White, Max Pac, Chip and d'Ago

Would Ryder leave through UFA, we can replace him with any of these... and there is the 08 draft upcoming...

We're atop of the Eastern conference and we're one of the deepest team prospect wise!

That's just frikkin incredible what Gainey and Co achieved to do.

He was one of our best player during training camp.
BOb made my day which is usually the case. He was good in camp. He played in the exhibition game at the Metro Centre here in Halifax. Cool to be able to see him play live. He's a keeper for sure. His game was rough around the edges in that game but overall one could easily see that he has excellent upside. Speed passing and strength for his age made me happy. I'll have to keep an eye out for any potential Kootenay games on TV and scout him from a fans perspective. I'm sure he's gotten much better.

Excellent signing.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

BOb made my day which is usually the case. He was good in camp. He played in the exhibition game at the Metro Centre here in Halifax. Cool to be able to see him play live. He's a keeper for sure. His game was rough around the edges in that game but overall one could easily see that he has excellent upside. Speed passing and strength for his age made me happy. I'll have to keep an eye out for any potential Kootenay games on TV and scout him from a fans perspective. I'm sure he's gotten much better.

Excellent signing.

He might be ready just in time for Koivu's retirement in 2010... :P

I don't know where you got the idea that I was making a negative comment about him. Lucic was drafted right after Maxwell. He's exactly the type of player we need and don't have: a good hockey player who can fight, and fight well.

Excellent signing.

This isn't a big deal at all to me. Of course we were going to sign our second round pick.

Its a sign that everybody new was going to hapen. Ben is a good young player but at some point Mntrea will have too much depth and will have to trade a little bit of it.

Since Lucic was picked right after Maxwell (and is already making his presence felt in the NHL), there have been a few complaints from Habs fans and taunts from Bruins fans that Gainey messed up that pick.

Personally, it makes absolutely no difference because we still are loaded with prospects, and every other team in the league also missed out on Lucic. Besides, it's not like Maxwell turned out to be a bust, he could easily turn out to be a solid NHL player, maybe even better than Lucic.

But to answer your question, yeah, Maxwell is in direct competition with Lucic in the same way that Price is in direct competition with Brule, Kopitar and the guys we passed on to take him.

Since Lucic was picked right after Maxwell (and is already making his presence felt in the NHL), there have been a few complaints from Habs fans and taunts from Bruins fans that Gainey messed up that pick.

Personally, it makes absolutely no difference because we still are loaded with prospects, and every other team in the league also missed out on Lucic. Besides, it's not like Maxwell turned out to be a bust, he could easily turn out to be a solid NHL player, maybe even better than Lucic.

But to answer your question, yeah, Maxwell is in direct competition with Lucic in the same way that Price is in direct competition with Brule, Kopitar and the guys we passed on to take him.

I doubt Lucic makes the Habs - and is still toiling wherever he was in juniors just like Maxwell. As you say, the Habs are stocked with prospects, no need to rush any.

I doubt Lucic makes the Habs - and is still toiling wherever he was in juniors just like Maxwell. As you say, the Habs are stocked with prospects, no need to rush any.

Trade Koivu and promote Maxwell to his position... right Colin? :D

I don't understand the first sentence. Either you made a typo and I think Maxwell never makes the Habs. Or you think that if Lucic had been drafted by Montreal, he'd still be in the minors (my bet).

I don't understand the first sentence. Either you made a typo and I think Maxwell never makes the Habs. Or you think that if Lucic had been drafted by Montreal, he'd still be in the minors (my bet).

Yes.

At least we can make some noise about the 2006 draft.

Fisher, i know by law a college player cannot be sign but would not even

worth be sign not being in the top pair of his college days.

It is my only relief that money didn't spent for cap room would be used to pack

ourself with prospects signed, instead of paying Liverpool another shooter.

- First move was to sign Brock Trotter

- Second sign Maxwell

- Third sign Emelin before we lose his rights.

- Sign Subban, just for the fun having him cheerleading us like he did for Canada

at WJC.

This is for 2007 money, still a good profit for Gillet. Good financial year.

The difference is that Lucic is a damn good enforcer, with good hockey skills. That's a pretty rare combination, and it's exactly what we lack. Maxwell is another smallish skilled centre. He's not a bust, though, and I hope he reaches his potential. It's my opinion that if Lucic were in our system, he wouldn't be far away from making the NHL because of the hole he fills.

The difference is that Lucic is a damn good enforcer, with good hockey skills. That's a pretty rare combination, and it's exactly what we lack. Maxwell is another smallish skilled centre. He's not a bust, though, and I hope he reaches his potential. It's my opinion that if Lucic were in our system, he wouldn't be far away from making the NHL because of the hole he fills.

As we know Maxwell has had some hard luck in the last two years; however, on a bright note, since coming back from injury this time he has being playing well. In his last game on March first he got two points and was named the game's first star. This is not the first time he has received mention as the first star, and this one was even more impressive seeing as his team lost the game.

He is probably not in tip-top game shape mentally and physically at this point in his season, but if he does continue to work hard he may be just rounding the corner when his team is eliminated and he is shipped of to Hamilton for their playoff run. The Bull Dogs are in desperate need of an offensive centre since Grabovski left, and so he may get some primo playing time.

I'm excited!