Our friends Guy, "Jack" and "Adams"

TheAussiePosse

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't see Therrien winning it. They were picked to be at or near the top of the conference before the season, and as BTH said, their better record without Crosby says more about Malkin than Therrien. The award is generally given to a coach whose team has far exceded expectations, or had a dominant season, neither of which have the Penguins done.

Yeah, I don't see Therrien winning it. They were picked to be at or near the top of the conference before the season, and as BTH said, their better record without Crosby says more about Malkin than Therrien. The award is generally given to a coach whose team has far exceded expectations, or had a dominant season, neither of which have the Penguins done.

I'm pretty sure it was Wamsley who said that, but thanks for thinking about me.

I'm pretty sure it was Wamsley who said that, but thanks for thinking about me.

So I think it's pretty safe to say that Bruce Boudreau will win the Jack Adams this year. The Caps are the only team in NHL history to be in 14th after 41 games to make the playoffs. Hats off. Runner-ups: Guy Carbonneau, Mike Babcock, Barry Trotz. There is an outside chance that if we win the conference Guy could take it, though I doubt it.

Boudreau has turned his team around, if he wins the award it will be well deserved. I think Carbo's done a great job too and I'd be very, very happy should he win it, but I think Boudreau deserves it.

In my opinion it will be between Boudreau and Corbonneau. They both deserve it. The Habs went form 10th last year to 1st this year!

Boudreau did a great job, but how much of that will be attributed to Ovechkin? Not to mention, I personally feel that the coach should be behind the bench the whole year to merit consideration. I think Julien and Babcock deserve it more than Boudreau, and Carbo more than all of them.

All I know is if Carbo gets the Jack, there is a lot of crow to swallow around here. :)

No sh*t.

Last year Carbo was the cause of every little thing that went wrong. Samsonov, Perezhogin, Latendresse, Kovalev, penalties, 5 on 5 difficulties, etc. That was all on Carbo and people wanted another coach.

All I can say is: HAHA!

All I know is if Carbo gets the Jack, there is a lot of crow to swallow around here. :)

To be fair, last year, Carbo wasn't a good coach at all.

Quite the turnaround though this year.

Boudreau did a great job, but how much of that will be attributed to Ovechkin? Not to mention, I personally feel that the coach should be behind the bench the whole year to merit consideration. I think Julien and Babcock deserve it more than Boudreau, and Carbo more than all of them.

Agreed. Habs didn't lead in any individual stats (although Streit and Markov we in the top 10 Ds with points), but we did have the most goals, best PP, and a good PK (by the end of the season), as well as a great away record (which means more, as you work against the crowd, against line changes, etc).

Guy deserves it more than Julien, but Bourdreau will give Guy a run for his money.

Question - if Guy/Bourdreau win the Stanely Cup, would have have any weight on the Jack Adams? Or is it regular season only?

No sh*t.

Last year Carbo was the cause of every little thing that went wrong. Samsonov, Perezhogin, Latendresse, Kovalev, penalties, 5 on 5 difficulties, etc. That was all on Carbo and people wanted another coach.

All I can say is: HAHA!

I don't think that a lot of people were calling for Carbo to be fired. I think many people (myself included) simply pointed out many of the mistakes he made last year (and there were lots of them) just because people like me pointed out his mistakes, doesn't mean we wanted him fired. Its just like commenting on a bad Price goal, it doesn't mean I hope we trade him.

To be fair, last year, Carbo wasn't a good coach at all.

BS.

Carbo improved this season, but he was good last year. He just had to break a bunch of guys who were used to pick their collective asses and not be bothered about it because of egos and cliques.

Carbo had a major attitude adjustement job to do on this club last year. It paid off this year, but the ground work was laid last year.

There's way more to coaching than making lines and calling time-outs.

Surprising Boudreau only got two votes.

- One quick note about the NHL coaches' poll that was conducted to pick the TSN Coach of the Year.

The coaches were asked only to pick one winner, no runners-up. So while it looked like winner Guy Carbonneau (11 votes) and runner-up Mike Babcock (seven votes) crushed the competition - Bruce Boudreau, Barry Trotz and Claude Julien had two votes apiece - the reality is the balloting by members of the Broadcasters' Association is likely to be much more hotly contested. When voters are asked to choose the top three, and point systems are used, it will make for a much closer race and quite possibly different results.

At the end of the day, though, as impressive as it has been for Washington's Boudreau, Nashville's Trotz and Boston's Julien to get their teams into the playoffs, exceeding all expectations for a variety of reasons, the guys who do it for a living put a heavy emphasis on the two fellows who led their teams to first place in their respective conferences - Montreal in the East and Detroit in the West.

TSN.ca

Edited by les_glorieux