• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a set of google text ads at the bottom of the main page. If you use adblock you won't see them.

as well as top of message boards, presently there are 2 of them pretty funny

1 is Should Don Cherry Retire? Yes or No ? Angus Reid wants to hear from you.

2 is Watch Live NHL Hockey, online stuff, sports, movies....

Can you give me a basic rundown of how this paypal thing works? I am a complete noob when it comes to e-commerce.

I am absolutely willing to give a few bucks (once I figure out the paypal thing).

If you dont' already have a paypal account, it'd actually be faster to send a cheque (or cash hidden in a card) by snail mail, as it takes 7-9 business days to transfer money from a Canadian bank account to PayPal. You could do PayPal fast if you were willing to fund it via credit card, but I'm one that choses not to put my credit card info out over the web unless I ABSOLUTELY have to.

Thanks for the donations. 60$ so far. It's very appreciated! Like I said, We'll have more details soon about the total cost of the upgrade. So you can wait before giving too much!

Now to answer questions in this thread about donations. (if I forgot any, please tell me):

In the "My Controls" page, there is a "Purchase Paid Subscriptions" link in the left side menu. From there you have all details about how to contribute financially. (By mail, by pay pal/credit card). The transaction is done by Paypal, but you do not need to have a Paypal account. You only need a credit card.

Yes, it's a one time payment.

Bump...

Bumping this thread as the hard work done on this forum is appreciated.

Matt, just sent the money order, your total is over $100 now.

Now who is going to host an Online Habsworld Fundraising Telethon?

I say Pierre as he is very entertaining.....

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

$125 now.

This should be a kick ass thing we do at least once every 6 months to a year.

Yup, even if someone cannot afford much, stuff $5 well hidden in an envelope and mail it to Matt.

When I was working (unemployed at the moment) I had the displeasure of running the corporate web server. Just maintaining logs for the marketing department (The main reason for a corporate web site) and sorting through regional info was time consuming.

Building the web site was a another story, graphics info....Well most of you already experienced this with blogs etc.

I find the hardest part is finding time........

I'll be away from tonight until Sunday night. Just want to give everyone an update:

I'm really touched by the generous donations. Very appreciated. I received 110$ since yesterday (not counting InsaneAVSfan's mail donation). I called my hosting contact yesterday, and I'm trying to arrange a server upgrade for the playoffs only. It would cost appr 60$/month to upgrade our capacity. If we can upgrade our package for 2 (or 3) months and then come back to our regular plan, it would be awesome. I'll have an answer on that next week.

I'll be away from tonight until Sunday night. Just want to give everyone an update:

I'm really touched by the generous donations. Very appreciated. I received 110$ since yesterday (not counting InsaneAVSfan's mail donation). I called my hosting contact yesterday, and I'm trying to arrange a server upgrade for the playoffs only. It would cost appr 60$/month to upgrade our capacity. If we can upgrade our package for 2 (or 3) months and then come back to our regular plan, it would be awesome. I'll have an answer on that next week.

WooHoo we are getting there! Macaskill our resident telephone is standing by to take your calls for a donation to speed up the server for a successful Habs playoff posting run. With the post counts I see from some of the members here there are some BiG Yackers. :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

I believe the total should be near or at $160 now so every Toonie counts! Forget that double cappachino at Starbucks for one day and send in your donation to sakicQ....

Maybe we can get Jerry Lewis to help out since he is the king of telethons. :hockey::lol:

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

as well as top of message boards, presently there are 2 of them pretty funny

1 is Should Don Cherry Retire? Yes or No ? Angus Reid wants to hear from you.

2 is Watch Live NHL Hockey, online stuff, sports, movies....

Kinda boring. I'll wait until they get in the same league as the ads on nhl.com:

When Girls Go Bad Video

Street Battle Clips: Angry Girls vs. Girls That Got With Their Boyfriend

:rolleyes:

Kinda boring. I'll wait until they get in the same league as the ads on nhl.com:

When Girls Go Bad Video

Street Battle Clips: Angry Girls vs. Girls That Got With Their Boyfriend

:rolleyes:

Are you saying we can vote on these or get free access. ^_^^_^

Tried to get on at 9 AM this morning and again throughout the day. First time I managed it was 10 minutes ago so thats like 8 hours almost.

I'll definitely be sending some money once I start earning some, haha.

Tried to get on at 9 AM this morning and again throughout the day. First time I managed it was 10 minutes ago so thats like 8 hours almost.

I'll definitely be sending some money once I start earning some, haha.

Jets it is the thought that counts and others are probably in your situation. I see many students here and it took me years to pay off my student loans so been there and understand that!

If one can financially contribute to something they enjoy it is something they benefit from. I am not a rich person, but do have enough money where I can take time off between jobs and contribute here. Matt mentioned he will look into server improvements but nothing can be done until he gets the facts in regards to costs.

I am even willing to send more money in to help during the playoffs if necessary as many people have fun in the game threads. Why? Where else can we go to have our fun arguements and enjoy the Habs playoff victories that we will see this year. This team has had to play playoff hockey just to make the playoffs and will give us much joy this year.

It's all about what we can do to help in any way possible. :hlogo:

I couldn't get on since this morning.. ...... Just sent in a donation as well. When does my T Shirt arrive :rolleyes: .

Now this is quite a good idea...

Seems like lately there have been more problems than usual. Today the site must've been down for most of the day. I am hoping to send a contribution once my next pay cheque comes in.