Chipchura misses Habs - The Hamilton Spectator

Wow, good find A.C. ! I usually buy the spectator but missed this one.

I like this tidbit:

"As disappointed as Chipchura is in not being in Montreal right now, the thought of not ever returning to the Habs is even more distressing. That possibility came up in the leadup to the NHL trade deadline last week when his name was bandied about as part of what the Canadiens might have to give up to acquire Marian Hossa -- although that deal never happened."

He really wants to stay, so don't trade him!

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Chipchura misses Habs - The Hamilton Spectator

But the young Bulldog is working hard to get back to the Canadiens.

Nyce, I've linked it up to the HW front page as well.

I don't think we see Chipchura back up in Montreal unless a rash of injuries hit or the 'Dogs are eliminated from the playoffs and Montreal is still in. Chips has become on of the key guys down in Hamilton and I feel that role will provide him with a ton of experience to help him next season when I believe we see the young centre in a Habs' uniform from start to finish.

Wow, good find A.C. ! I usually buy the spectator but missed this one.

I like this tidbit:

"As disappointed as Chipchura is in not being in Montreal right now, the thought of not ever returning to the Habs is even more distressing. That possibility came up in the leadup to the NHL trade deadline last week when his name was bandied about as part of what the Canadiens might have to give up to acquire Marian Hossa -- although that deal never happened."

He really wants to stay, so don't trade him!

Yet another promising sign...we've got a crop of ace youngsters who all have the :hlogo: tattooed on their hearts. The UFAs are going to want be a part of that.

Damnation, it's sweet to see how the boulder is finally starting to roll for us. Gainey has put all the pieces in place, and little things like this just underscore how strong this organization is becoming.

Grabs numbers in Hamilton - which were so ridiculous, the team really couldn't keep him there.

Still, I agree with JMMR 100% - Chips instead of Smoked or Dandy (wow, that's 3.7 million of slug!).

Edited by tokyohabs

Nyce, I've linked it up to the HW front page as well.

I don't think we see Chipchura back up in Montreal unless a rash of injuries hit or the 'Dogs are eliminated from the playoffs and Montreal is still in. Chips has become on of the key guys down in Hamilton and I feel that role will provide him with a ton of experience to help him next season when I believe we see the young centre in a Habs' uniform from start to finish.

or unless Grabovski decides to skip a team flight :)