News that may impact game vs. Ducks

sbhatt

Cory Perry is going to be out six weeks with a deep cut on his leg. With Pronger already out with a broken jaw, this definitely makes the Ducks ripe for the picking if our guys play hard. I'm thinking 3/4 for the road trip should be very doable with solid efforts in the next two games.

Pronger may be back for that game? I heard he was on their recent road trip - not sure if that's just to practice or if it meant he may play.

Pronger may be back for that game? I heard he was on their recent road trip - not sure if that's just to practice or if it meant he may play.

I guess we'll find out about Pronger on Sunday night. No use in gettin' excited if he'll be there. The fact that Perry won't play is good news for the boys. It gives us a fighting chance to beat those Disney Ducks from Anaheim!

I guess we'll find out about Pronger on Sunday night. No use in gettin' excited if he'll be there. The fact that Perry won't play is good news for the boys. It gives us a fighting chance to beat those Disney Ducks from Anaheim!

Even if he is back, it's been awhile since he played in a game...and I"m sure he won't be able to be as physical if he usually is. Should he try to take some of the cheap shots at our guys that he usually does, it's pretty easy to swing an elbow back right into his chops to smarten him up.

I doubt this has much impact on us... Anaheim will just pull another superstar out of retirement to take Perry's place. :P

I don't know about you guys, but I wish it was a full lineup. I wanted to use that game as a measuring stick.

I wanted to see if the Habs could create problems with their speed. I wanted to see how they would react to

the Ducks trying to bully them. I wanted to see if they wilted like bitches like the Sens or if they would develop

the ###### you attitude they had against the Bruins, Flyers and Rangers. I wanted to see if Price could step up

and put a little doubt in the Ducks heads.

They have proven to me that they are for real and are contenders in the East, now I want to see how they can

compete against the big boys.

The Ducks went out on a mission when they faced the Sens: Get revenge on Alfie for what he did to Scott Niedermayer in last year's playoffs. Mission accomplished as the Sens' captain has sat out the last two games with a back injury.

I'd be a bit worried if the Ducks figure the Habs to be a potential cup finalist - why not take out one or two of our guys while they can?

It should be an intense match up Sunday, and I look forward to it - with or without Perry. :)

I will be at that game :) ... finally get to go to a live habs game for the first time in 4 years :wacko:

have fun, I saw my first habs game around this time last year. freaking awesome, this was when the blues were having a hard time selling tickets. I got lower bowl, 3 rows up from the bench type seats. awesome.

Ducks have been shut out twice in a row. That suggests that they're in a slump. On the other, it also suggests that they will come out comparatively desperate. The Habs had better be ready for an especially ornery Ducks team - that's a team that can beat you in the alley, and guys like Kostopolous and Begin should be in the lineup for sure.

Unlike Wamsley, I have no interest in a 'measuring stick.' I just want wins. :lol: And above all to avoid slumps (imagine if we'd lost in Phoenix as we deserved! This game would have some serious importance and we'd all be nervously looking over our shoulder and realizing that three or four consecutive losses could put us back in 7th or 8th place).

Unlike Wamsley, I have no interest in a 'measuring stick.' I just want wins. :lol: And above all to avoid slumps (imagine if we'd lost in Phoenix as we deserved! This game would have some serious importance and we'd all be nervously looking over our shoulder and realizing that three or four consecutive losses could put us back in 7th or 8th place).

Yeah, and 'measuring sticks' are overrated. This a single game, we could play well and win it or play poorly and get blown out, same goes for the Ducks. We were not up to the task at the time we played Detroit, but if we played them in February we might have beat them. Playing a team a few times in a season provides some sort of measuring stick, like we've beaten New Jersey twice, a feat impossible for past Habs teams. But a single game doesn't prove much.

I will be at that game :) ... finally get to go to a live habs game for the first time in 4 years :wacko:

So will I.....and I'll also be at Staples tomorrow for the Kings game........I bought the tickets when they hit the box office in September (not really knowing what kind of team we'd be icing).......FINALLY!!

Edited by SoCalHab

Comparing a game from Dec and one from March are a little different.

I want wins, but if this team falls to 8th then there is my measuring stick. I will know they are not in that league.

I will take it from Patrick Roy when he said in 93 that even though the Habs struggled down the stretch

that they gained a ton of confidence when they went into Pittsburgh and fought them tooth and nail only to lose

in OT. He said that right then he knew they could beat them.

A Hall of Famer mentioning the importance of a game late in the season is good enough for me.

I am looking forward to seeing if they can raise their level or if they lay down and get smoked.

That is more important to me than 2 points.

I'd be a bit worried if the Ducks figure the Habs to be a potential cup finalist - why not take out one or two of our guys while they can?

That's why BG should get an enforcer for a 6th rounder or sign one, but too late.

Since, we don't have one and were playing the league leaders in fights, smokes better be OUT! and Kosty better take his spot.

If not, ill pull a Waddell :angry:

Edited by MMPL

Komisarek (who hasn't been playing great lately) needs to bring his 'A' game. A few crushing hits ought to settle the Ducks down :hockey:

I seriously suspect some kind of minor(s) injury(ies) for Komi... he changed his game so much last week, just unusual type of play for him.

I seriously suspect some kind of minor(s) injury(ies) for Komi... he changed his game so much last week, just unusual type of play for him.

I was thinking the same....we need to clinch a playoff berth ASAP and give some rest to those in need.....it'd be nice to finish first and get home-ice overall, but not as important as keeping bodies healthy.....I figure that's what's happening with Begin right now....we'll need him down the road, so Carbo's resting his banged up body.

I'd rather finish 1st or 2nd with a tired squad (who can rest in the few days before the playoffs start again) than start letting players take games off over the remainder of the season in the hope they'll be less tired when the playoffs start.

The Ducks went out on a mission when they faced the Sens: Get revenge on Alfie for what he did to Scott Niedermayer in last year's playoffs. Mission accomplished as the Sens' captain has sat out the last two games with a back injury.

It should be an intense match up Sunday, and I look forward to it - with or without Perry. :)

Yah, I was kinda worried about it too. I'd like to see how we measure up with skill and grit, as Wamsley pointed out, but not at the expense of an injury to one of our big guns.

They are the cheapest team in the league, and I'd like to see a tame and "safe" game.