The Hockey News strikes again

Wamsley01

If it wasn't bad enough that they called for the Habs for 14th I just picked up the issue where

Price is rated as the number 1 prospect in the NHL.

2 of the pictures in the articles attributed to Price are Yann Dannis :wacko:

How can you publish your feature article with pictures of the wrong guy?

I work in the business, and that is embarassing. I used to believe that it was the bible of hockey.

Now I think it is a joke!

Point 1: Yann Danis, not Yann Dannis.

Point 2: The editing business is going down the drains. It's impossible to read a book without finding a dozen mistakes and even more impossible to read a newspaper without finding dozens of errors. Hell, in a textbook for a class they were discussing different ideas about education from different political sides, and they talked about Shawn Hannady, whose name is actually Sean Hannity. They couldn't even spell a name correctly in a textbook!

Not a big deal. I have yet to read that Hockey news because i've been busy but maybe i will sit down tonight and read it and look for the mistakes.

Point 1: Yann Danis, not Yann Dannis.

Point 2: The editing business is going down the drains. It's impossible to read a book without finding a dozen mistakes and even more impossible to read a newspaper without finding dozens of errors. Hell, in a textbook for a class they were discussing different ideas about education from different political sides, and they talked about Shawn Hannady, whose name is actually Sean Hannity. They couldn't even spell a name correctly in a textbook!

It is one thing if it was a picture of Ryan McDonagh depictng Yemelin on page 98.

But the guy is on the cover of the mag. He is the cover story. I am supposed to take your word

on a player when you don't even know what he looks like?

Maybe I am crazy and there are 2 references to Danis in the magazine that required

his image twice. But that is just poor editing and Creative Direction. How can you screw up that big?

I work in the Graphics industry and that thing needed to be proofed 10 times before it hit the printer

and another 2-3 times at the Printers. If the Senior Editors didn't take a final look it is lazy

Not a big deal. I have yet to read that Hockey news because i've been busy but maybe i will sit down tonight and read it and look for the mistakes.

? Someone can get fired for that type of mistake

Edited by Wamsley01

? Someone can get fired for that type of mistake

I dont know about that. They would have to clean the house at the hockey news since so many people missed it.

I dont know about that. They would have to clean the house at the hockey news since so many people missed it.

Well take it from somebody who works in the business. You can get fired for that.

The thing is, it's only THN, and nobody outside of Ontario reads it. And since fans are running around yelling about the sky falling, and Leafs fans running around yelling about the impending apocalypse, I doubt any of them will notice.

In the mean time, everybody please welcome the Habs goalies of the future...

Carey Danis!

Jaroslav Price!

and Yann Halak!

Edit: :D

Edited by TheAussiePosse

He's right. Heads SHOULD role.

But then again, it's THN, and nobody outside of Ontario reads it. And since fans are running around yelling about the sky falling, and Leafs fans running around yelling about the impending apocalypse, I doubt any of them will notice.

In the mean time, everybody please welcome the Habs goalies of the future...

Carey Danis!

Jaroslav Price!

and Yann Halak!

I can't remember where I saw it, but it was a recent, and it referred to Halak as "Jan Halak".

Only tangentially related, but for me nothing will ever beat Bob Cole's famous call: "great stop by habs goalie José Thibodeau!" :lol:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Only tangentially related, but for me nothing will ever beat Bob Cole's famous call: "great stop by habs goalie José Thibodeau!" :lol:

LOL, he has been doing that for 20 years. I remember him calling Hextall "Fuhr" and Fuhr "Hextall" in the 87 Finals

If it wasn't bad enough that they called for the Habs for 14th I just picked up the issue where

Price is rated as the number 1 prospect in the NHL.

I work in the business, and that is embarassing. I used to believe that it was the bible of hockey.

Now I think it is a joke!

The hockey news is the "bible" for lack of competition.

In Qc, Hockey people are sometimes 2-3 times more knowledgeable than these guys.

Just naming two guys who could basically kick anyone's butt in The Hockey News staff :

-Dany Dube

-Mathias Brunet (like him or not... I didn't like his attempts at sensationalism, but... he was STILL right when he did those)

and if you want me to name two english guys, I'd go with Pierre Macguire and Bob Mackenzie, off the top of my head.

Every time I hear/read one of those 4, it makes way more sense, is more insightful and is more researched / better founded than anything I have ever read from any other source, including THN.

The hockey news is the "bible" for lack of competition.

In Qc, Hockey people are sometimes 2-3 times more knowledgeable than these guys.

Just naming two guys who could basically kick anyone's butt in The Hockey News staff :

-Dany Dube

-Mathias Brunet (like him or not... I didn't like his attempts at sensationalism, but... he was STILL right when he did those)

and if you want me to name two english guys, I'd go with Pierre Macguire and Bob Mackenzie, off the top of my head.

Every time I hear/read one of those 4, it makes way more sense, is more insightful and is more researched / better founded than anything I have ever read from any other source, including THN.

Pretty much. I have little respect for the majority of the writers. It hasn't been the same since Mckenzie left.

Edited by Wamsley01

The Hockey News should cover the Habs a bit more. With price on this edition can you remember the last Habs player to be on the front cover. Since i live in Ontario every yearbook that i get has Maple Leafs on the cover. It's BS.

-Dany Dube

Agreed. I'd also add François Gagnon from LaPresse. He usually knows what he's talking about and I'd also say that Stephen Brunt of The Globe and Mail is pretty respectable as well!