Game Thread | Habs vs. Devils | 11/03/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that Price is standing up for himself and making the crease crashers pay...this is fairly new behavior for him.

Journalists on the Habs' beat all say that Price came out of his shell since Huet has departed.

Addition by substraction?

Good first period. Latendresse and Hamrlk looks hot(ter) than usaual.

Giu will get a goal tonight.

Also impressed by Johnny Oduya. Devils best player along with Gionta if you ask me.

OMG GOD DAMN TIME CHANGE FORGOT

MISSED THE PERIOD :( :( :( :( :(

You do know that was 3 days ago, don't you :blink:

Good first period. Latendresse and Hamrlk looks hot(ter) than usaual.

Giu will get a goal tonight.

Also impressed by Johnny Oduya. Devils best player along with Gionta if you ask me.

Also the best name in sports.

Guys, that was NOT a marginal call on Kovalev. It was clearly holding. You can do that in this league. Komisarek got called for it too against the Ducks.

21 shots, even with the 5 and 1/2 minutes in the box is unacceptable. We need to a much better job in our end for the rest of the game. This Devils team is opportunistic and one goal puts them right back in the game.

Guys, that was NOT a marginal call on Kovalev. It was clearly holding. You can do that in this league. Komisarek got called for it too against the Ducks.

21 shots, even with the 5 and 1/2 minutes in the box is unacceptable. We need to a much better job in our end for the rest of the game. This Devils team is opportunistic and one goal puts them right back in the game.

Habs got a lot of shots too, considering they spent 1/4 of the period in the box. If you account the PP discrepency the shots are about even. Very open game and on the balance the habs goaltending, D and O have outplayed their Devils' equivalent.

we are up 2-0 and well on our way to 1st place all the negativity from certain members really confuses me. Will this team ever be acceptable to you?

I don't think they are being negative. They are just realists. a 2 goals lead 20 minutes into a game, especially against a team like the Devils, is no guarantee of a win. Let's not get too cocky here. Let's wait and see when all 60 minutes have been played.

But I still thikn it's a good start for the Habs! Keep up the good work, and stay our of the penalty box!

I don't think they are being negative. They are just realists. a 2 goals lead 20 minutes into a game, especially against a team like the Devils, is no guarantee of a win. Let's not get too cocky here. Let's wait and see when all 60 minutes have been played.

But I still thikn it's a good start for the Habs! Keep up the good work, and stay our of the penalty box!

I think it's a great start I did not say we have the game won but I would say we outplayed the Devils and the refs which is pretty good. A lot of their shots were long outside shots. Now if NJ takes a couple of penalties we will run over them.

we are up 2-0 and well on our way to 1st place all the negativity from certain members really confuses me. Will this team ever be acceptable to you?

?I am not being negative.. but the trend lately is that they are getting too many shots against. I think they are doing great up by 2, but they way they are playing defensively means that unless the goalie has a great night, every night, they will lose.

It caught up to Huet. It caught up to Halak last year, and it will catch up to Price if they don't tighten up...

I am not just looking for a win tonight.. I am looking for them to start getting into playoff form. :)

?I am not being negative.. but the trend lately is that they are getting too many shots against. I think they are doing great up by 2, but they way they are playing defensively means that unless the goalie has a great night, every night, they will lose.

It caught up to Huet. It caught up to Halak last year, and it will catch up to Price if they don't tighten up...

I am not just looking for a win tonight.. I am looking for them to start getting into playoff form. :)

that is difficult to disagree with and i agree completely, we have to remember this is young team playing way over where anyone thought they would. Individuals and this team are going to have off nights thats reality :ghg: :ghg: