Game Thread | Habs vs. Devils | 11/03/08

Cataclaw

I really hope HALAK likes that bench! Cuz I really cant see him playing that much when Prioce plays like he is tonight...WHATTA GAME!!!! WHATTA GOALIE!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Halak leave soon. He wants a shot and unless Price turns into a bust, he isn't going to get it in Montreal. Price is clearly Gainey's goalie. He might be better trading Halak and picking up an old vet goalie that can play 15 to 20 games a year and be happy.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope HALAK likes that bench! Cuz I really cant see him playing that much when Prioce plays like he is tonight...WHATTA GAME!!!! WHATTA GOALIE!!!!

Halak will play but probably not in critical games. We have to be carefull with carey "the cup" price and not let him get tired :hlogo: :clap:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Halak leave soon. He wants a shot and unless Price turns into a bust, he isn't going to get it in Montreal. Price is clearly Gainey's goalie. He might be better trading Halak and picking up an old vet goalie that can play 15 to 20 games a year and be happy.

I think I would rather try to build the guy up next season. Increase his trade value and then try to get something significant

if I was going to deal him.

Preferably keep him if possible

Goalies can do it for 2-3 seasons and suck. But position players can score 90+ and then 60 points as well.

THe kid has the pedigree. He has won at the junior level, the AHL level and now he is doing it at the NHL level.

I think we need Nicklas Sundstrom back. Now there was a position player who could put up points.

In fact, I reckon Berezin would fit in well on the top line too, with Koivu. He and Czerkawski never really got a good shot, did they?

Everyone seems to be concerned about the # of shots but ppl forget that Price is in his element when he is facing a number of shots...havent people noticed that Price's best games are when he is peppered!

Sergei Kostitsyn is awesome. I saw him play last year for London and he looked but I never imagined he'd have an impact so soon in the NHL. The things he was doing in junior he's doing in th Pros. What moves...What vision... what a steal in the seventh round!!!!

I think we need Nicklas Sundstrom back. Now there was a position player who could put up points.

In fact, I reckon Berezin would fit in well on the top line too, with Koivu. He and Czerkawski never really got a good shot, did they?

Man... You brought back 3 nightmares in one post! Damn you!

As long as no one mentions Robert Dirk.

Oops...

Sergei Kostitsyn is awesome. I saw him play last year for London and he looked but I never imagined he'd have an impact so soon in the NHL. The things he was doing in junior he's doing in th Pros. What moves...What vision... what a steal in the seventh round!!!!

I love the kid. Ever since he leveled Downie in junior. He is so well rounded for a 20 year old

Man... You brought back 3 nightmares in one post! Damn you!

As long as no one mentions Robert Dirk.

Oops...

Kjehl Dahlin

71 points in 86 to out of the league by 89

Edited by Wamsley01

Everyone seems to be concerned about the # of shots but ppl forget that Price is in his element when he is facing a number of shots...havent people noticed that Price's best games are when he is peppered!

Most goalies on bad nights give up goals early and get their team behind, then face less shots. I think Price would be very happy and just as good averaging below 25 a night. :)

Right now, we absolutely need Halak. Price still has plenty of time to get injured or falter. I don't think/hope he will, but you never know. Plus it'd be great to up Halak's trade value.

?I would love to keep him, I am just not sure we can for much longer. He might go back to Europe if he doesn't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

what I dont understand is how ppl say, "get halaks trade value up." he will need to play more than 15 games to do that and GM's know what he can do....they can just check what he has done in the AHL!

He most likely will never have strong value unless Price goes down for a significant time and Halak plays great.

Kipprusoff, Bryzgalov, Toskala etc returned very little. It is more wishful thinking than anything

I remember 86, habs had one of the top PP's in the league with Naslund-Smith-Dahlin-Chelios-Robinson.

Yeah, but once the league found out how soft he was his days in the NHL were over

what I dont understand is how ppl say, "get halaks trade value up." he will need to play more than 15 games to do that and GM's know what he can do....they can just check what he has done in the AHL!

Besides, Gainey seems to prefer trading people at their lowest value. :) He also tends to bargain shop.. I wonder if he hangs out on ebay.. :)

I remember 86, habs had one of the top PP's in the league with Naslund-Smith-Dahlin-Chelios-Robinson.

Well, if we could add Randy McKay and Andreas Dackell, perhaps our PK would be as good as back then too.

Hell, bring back Pat Traverse while we're at it! He was a monster! 6'4! Raaarh!