Game Thread | Habs vs. Devils | 11/03/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with the Habs getting the Marty monkey off their back who are you afraid of in the playoffs?

"Afraid" is a bad choice of word. I think "Respect" would be better.

Ottawa: respect their overall experience and top talents.

Pittsburgh: respect the talent of Crosby & Malkin.

NY Rangers: respect how they've had it easy vs us minus The Miracle.

Carolina: respect that they've had our number in recent years.

Otherwise, not much to fear. Boston, Philly, NJ... we've proven they're not matching us well this season.

the habs treated the game like they just won the stanly cup.

I guess they forgot that devils still have more wins. and devils still have a game at hand.

ohh well.

At least they FINALLY beat brodeur fairly. And didn't get their goals on offsides.

btw did anyone notice the crappy ice today. it felt like the puck was a bouncy ball.

just about everyone in the west. in the east pits bothers me they could get hot

Yes, but if we meet anyone from the West it'd mean we'd have gone through anyone in the East... which means this team would have peaked... and at its peak this team had boundless scoring potential from the top down.

i think sundin hates the leafs...

Refusing the trade and now screwing their draft pick is setting them back a year or two in rebuilding...

Maybe he plans on signing with the habs in the off season. :)

Leafs keep movin on up to nowhere. Boy does Philly suck.

I think playing philly in the first round would be a good tune up matchup that would serve us well. :ghg:

Yes, but if we meet anyone from the West it'd mean we'd have gone through anyone in the East... which means this team would have peaked... and at its peak this team had boundless scoring potential from the top down.

good point hope it happens and I was thinking stanley cup :lol: got a little ahead of myself

Edited by habs rule

I think playing philly in the first round would be a good tune up matchup that would serve us well. :ghg:

As long as they don't go head hunting on us... which wouldn't be surprising.

I'd prefer crushing the Bruins' playoffs hopes once again. That classic never gets old.

I'd prefer crushing the Bruins' playoffs hopes once again. That classic never gets old.

so true so true

Boston, Philly, NJ... we've proven they're not matching us well this season.

ohh how we easily forget.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 Canadiens Devils 0 - 4 (devils dominate)

Thu Jan 24, 2008 Canadiens Devils 4 - 3 (habs came back in 3rd period on a goal scored by a highstick above the crossbar)

Sat Mar 1, 2008 Devils Canadiens 1 - 2 (habs score game winner on an offsides. that even brodeur saw)

Tue Mar 11, 2008 Devils Canadiens 0 - 4 (habs dominate)

3 games to 1

1 clean win by NJ

1 clean win by Habs

Thu Jan 24, 2008 Canadiens Devils 4 - 3 (habs came back in 3rd period on a goal scored by a highstick above the crossbar)

Sat Mar 1, 2008 Devils Canadiens 1 - 2 (habs score game winner on an offsides. that even brodeur saw)

3 games to 1

1 clean win by NJ

1 clean win by Habs

Look at the trend.

Habs have solved the Devils & Brodeur. NJ doesn't have the offense to match ours but we can match their defense.

Hhehe... Anyone listening to CKAC heard Dany Dubé called Price "Le Gros"?

Just "Le Gros"... "The Big"!

I don't know if you actually watched that game, but the game winning goal scored by Higgins wasn'T anywhere near the crossbar.

I'm going out on a limb and I'm gonna make a bold prediction.

Sergei Kostitsyn will score 100 points in one season with the Habs. Maybe not next year, or the year after that, but at some point in his career, he will get 100 points!

Philly in the first round.We get Boston in the second because they upset the Devils or Pittsburgh, which would give us a third round appearance. That would be O.K in my books. That would give us one of.....NYR, Ottawa, Carolina, or ?????. Very beatable but harder then the first two rounds. Finals anyone?

Dallas would be interesting for Gainey. Avs would be cool......Price vs Theo.

Actually, I'd love it if the Leafs made it. Meeting them in the first round would be fun, but scary too. Not so much now since we have a Leaf Killer in Price.

I know, I'm getting a little ahead of myself, can't wait for April.

3 games to 1

1 clean win by NJ

1 clean win by Habs

what is this WE? you don't look like a habs fan you look and talk like a out of the playoffs leaves flamer

Philly in the first round.We get Boston in the second because they upset the Devils or Pittsburgh, which would give us a third round appearance. That would be O.K in my books. That would give us one of.....NYR, Ottawa, Carolina, or ?????. Very beatable but harder then the first two rounds. Finals anyone?

Actually, I'd love it if the Leafs made it. Meeting them in the first round would be fun, but scary too. Not so much now since we have a Leaf Killer in Price.

I like how you think.

3 games to 1

1 clean win by NJ

1 clean win by Habs

All I see is that the Habs won the season series. Last time we did that was in '93. Yup, the year we won the cup. What's your point?

Wow! When I turned on the computer I saw the scoreline, and thought "Motherf**ker Brodeur..."

Yeah, f**k them indeed. 1st!

What great stuff for a team which can get better and better. Especially considering the insane travel and schedule.

Wow!

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for the playoffs... well, yeah, I remember it was 1993.

Habs vs Devils: clearly no complexes anymore. Still gotta respect Brodeur's playoffs experience. Otherwise no fear.

Habs vs Pittsburgh: Crosby, Malkin, Hossa, Laraque, Ruutu. Good challenge. Lot to hate on that team. We've got better depth.

Habs vs Senators: should be the Conference finals. High-octane hockey, Canadian rivalry. Comes down to goalies.

Habs vs Carolina: Samsonov's revenge? We've never solved that team. Almost an obligatory demon to face.

Habs vs NY Rangers: Was scaring me... until the Miracle. Now it's them who should have a complex against us.

Habs vs Boston: No sweat, but they're due.

Habs vs Philly: Dirty teams scares me for the foolish things they can do when being beaten badly.

the truth of the matter is that ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs, case in point was the miracle of '93 for our habs. I am definitely not expecting the cup this year, though I think the team could pull it off. I take solice in the fact that Gainey has a plan, I think he wants to win the cup next year in the centenial, anything this year beyond making the playoffs is gravy. Carbo said himself by stating that they did not expect the young players to mature so quickly.