Game Thread | Habs vs. Devils | 11/03/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome game and I expect the game vs Ottawa to be even more awesome

Gotta avenge that 6-1 blowout!

I won't browse 250 posts, but am I the only one who think that the Devis sucked offensively (inspite of they fired 35some shots on Price). I mean, i agree that Montreal DOMINATED defensively, but this was clearly not the best game of Elias-Parise, etc....

Great game super fun one to be at.

After tonight I think we see which Kostitsyn will step up in crunch time and thats Sergei he was dominant tonight made at least 3 wonderful dangles to create space and his passing and confidence carrying the puck is beautiful.

Price was awesome the first two periods locking up the win as he slep walked the third period.

Hamrlik might be the BEST UFA signing of last summer for any team!

Edited by JMMR

Great game super fun one to be at.

After tonight I think we see which Kostitsyn will step up in crunch time and thats Sergei he was dominant tonight made at least 3 wonderful dangles to create space and his passing and confidence carrying the puck is beautiful.

Price was awesome the first two periods locking up the win as he slep walked the third period.

Hamrlik might be the BEST UFA signing of last summer for any team!

You took the words right out of my head.

I was thinking all game long how Hamrlik is the best signing we have made in a long, long time. He is solid in every single game.

Sergie was just a joy to watch last night. He has some serious fire in his belly and the skills to make it happen.

Price was outstanding.

The best thing is that next year we will be even better. We will loose some dead weight UFAs and the roster is already pretty much set. The youth will be even more experienced and Bob will have more than enough cap space to sign a high quality UFA - and they might just want to come here now.

i think sundin hates the leafs...

Refusing the trade and now screwing their draft pick is setting them back a year or two in rebuilding...

Maybe he plans on signing with the habs in the off season. :)

No Thanks, he is a proven loser. We don't need or want him, or anyone else from that pathetic excuse for a hockey club. That includes their fans that seem to be showing up here looking for a real team to follow. Try the Sens site, they might take you. You are losers, just like your team. Go away.

Missed the game, working my ass off in the basement, came up to watch and it was over. Time flys when you are having fun. Guess we dominated? That's what I like to hear. Who's your daddy Martin?

What is it now, one loss by the Laughs and they are out? I love this. Early spring! The Leafs are out! Maybe Sundin should change his number, I am thinking...4 !!!

The biggest difference last night was that the supporting cast showed up.

Sure

Price was great. Markov, Hammer(because he was team up with no breeze) had great games but it was about time for some

other guys to step up offensively.

Koivu geared up offensively since the Tampa Bay disgrace.13 pt in 14 games, shows up in media and act like

a captain on the ice.

Lapierre had a good game HOME after a so so trip.

It is very nice to see that Kovy line doesn't have to do everything all the time.

What a big win for the Habs.

We got support from guys we did not expect it from. Lapierre, Smokes, and Ryder.

Price played amazing and outwitted Brodeur.

Id like to say that Ryder had a really good game. If he can just get a few more goals I think he will wake up and be another dangerous offensive threat for the other teams to watch out for.

Amazing since GC system is so darn stiffling for offensive players. ;)

It is interesting to see how something can become believed as a fact when repeated over and over.

This team couldn't score before because of skill.

But it is like anything. Is the first line scoring because of Kovalev? Or is Kovalev scoring because

he is surrounded by talent? I am sure there will be arguments on both sides.

Markov may be the recipient of some nice passes, but he always releases at the right time

and he buries his opportunities.

This team is the most talented team we have seen since the mid nineties.

Id like to say that Ryder had a really good game. If he can just get a few more goals I think he will wake up and be another dangerous offensive threat for the other teams to watch out for.

Showing up 1 game on five and missing open nets doesn't make him an offensive threat.

He still try to stickhandling and cannot handle a short fast pass. Too slow between ears.

He will become a threat again when he will shoot the puck hard to the net.

His positionning without the puck is laughable too, he is often behind the thirty feet zone.

Hides where there is no angle and doesn'T drive the net for rebounds.

So keep it simple for him, make him follow a fast skater, back pass and he shoots, 3 optons1) it goes in

2) Big fat rebound player 2 takes it and s ascoring chance. 3) The goalie strop the puck hold on to it and

we send Plek-Kovy line aith Markov at D.

Interesting little story. People have to figure that Montreal seems to score 4-5 goals a game usually.

Quickly putting Cage-aux-Sports out of business.

Free wings anyone?

It is interesting to see how something can become believed as a fact when repeated over and over.

This team couldn't score before because of skill.

But it is like anything. Is the first line scoring because of Kovalev? Or is Kovalev scoring because

he is surrounded by talent? I am sure there will be arguments on both sides.

Markov may be the recipient of some nice passes, but he always releases at the right time

and he buries his opportunities.

This team is the most talented team we have seen since the mid nineties.

You make some good points about the uinknown. I think Kovalev is playing up to his contract finally. In combination with players who are a little more gifted and having good years themselves.

Markov is amazing most of the time with his positioning. Sometimes defensively he is out to lunch, but it is a long season.

I have to really agree with the talent level. Much much better than the past ten years. They seem to want to play for Montreal instead of hired guns that show up just for the money.

You make some good points about the uinknown. I think Kovalev is playing up to his contract finally. In combination with players who are a little more gifted and having good years themselves.

Markov is amazing most of the time with his positioning. Sometimes defensively he is out to lunch, but it is a long season.

I have to really agree with the talent level. Much much better than the past ten years. They seem to want to play for Montreal instead of hired guns that show up just for the money.

PLaying up to his contract? :blink::wacko:

HE IS PLAYING WAYYYYYYYY ABOVE IT

PLaying up to his contract? :blink::wacko:

HE IS PLAYING WAYYYYYYYY ABOVE IT

Consider it repaying past debts.

He's the best player on the team, but he isn't the highest paid. But we need to get some good deals on our upcoming contracts, and get players signed below the maximum of what they could earn. Like Andrei Kostitsyn could feasibly get a contract similar to Milan Michalek's, they have similar numbers. But hopefully we can get a better deal for him. I want to be able to keep this group of guys around.