Pronger Suspended 8 games

Captain_Stealth

For stomping on Kesler's leg. Thank god they did something about it. Per TSN.

I may have jumped the gun after looking at it again but he'll be suspended anyways. Looks like 10 but should be closer to 30 than 10. :P

Anything less then 10 games and I still won't be satisfied.

I kinda had a thread on this already actually, haha.

I looked more closely and found it now. lol

Oh well. A mod can merge them if they'd like.

Yea, I would like to see it be closer to 30 than 10 due to Chris Simon's incident. Give equal punishments.

I looked more closely and found it now. lol

Oh well. A mod can merge them if they'd like.

Yea, I would like to see it be closer to 30 than 10 due to Chris Simon's incident. Give equal punishments.

Well yeah, I'm thinking the same way but I don't want to get my hopes up. You know he's going to get less games because he's a big star.

Well yeah, I'm thinking the same way but I don't want to get my hopes up. You know he's going to get less games because he's a big star.

Team 1040 here was speculating 10 games. He's a star so I know what you mean but nonetheless, he should get 15 games at the very minimum. Hell, if he missed that many games, he'd miss the first 6 games of the playoffs. Could possibly put the Ducks in some serious trouble not having Pronger and Perry. ^_^

I actually would want Nonis to put an RFA offer in for Perry but there's no chance in hell that happens because Dave and Brian are such good friends..... meh.

I bet Buttman will tell his henchmen to just say rest of the season, back in for the playoffs.

I say 50 lashes and 30 days in solitary confinement!

Put an actual shark in there with him too. Blindfold Pronger and tell him it's a teddy bear.

how many games did that guy from NYI get?

Who cares if he's a "so called star" (not in my book)

if Bettman doesn't give the same penalty to Pronger, he's lost his ability to govern as a commissioner.

I've totally lost all respect for him over the years (due to his %*#! wife and then he's just being an a-hole now)

ban the idiot. He does this every freaking year.

doesn't belong in the game.

he should be forced to play two seasons in edmonton :lol:

seriously. I wish it's something in the vicinity of the rest of the season plus 1 round.

Well Pronger waived his right to appear in front of the court so that means at the very least, it will be 5 games.

30 games works for me, it would probably equate to the rest of the season plus 3 rounds. 2 if they both went to 7 games but the Ducks have a scary good team so I don't see that.

Well Pronger waived his right to appear in front of the court so that means at the very least, it will be 5 games.

30 games works for me, it would probably equate to the rest of the season plus 3 rounds. 2 if they both went to 7 games but the Ducks have a scary good team so I don't see that.

Sharks >>>> Ducks.

He has a good team, but mahn oh man...... Burke has been lucky.

He had the Niedermayer brother to lure Scott when Vancouver ditched him for Markus. Sounds so weird now....like wtf...

Teemu wanted to be back in Anaheim.

Being surrounded by a plethora of young players like Getzlaf.:(

Getting that 2nd OA pick. Took Ryan but he's still a good pick.

The only major move I give him is getting Beauchemin for Fedorov.

Hell with it. Lowe gave him a present for Penner. :lol:

I'm being sarcastic again with the Sharks>>>>Ducks BTW. ;)

Sharks have no proven playoff performers though, I don't care what they do in the regular season. I've been picking them to go all the way for a couple years now and they keep disappointing me so screw it, I've lost faith in them. Damn you, you edited it to sarcasm while I was posting. Forget this Sharks thing then.

Because Niedermayer came back with virtually no rust, I don't know if Pronger would even be a huge loss for them. I'll agree with you though that the champion Ducks are more a product of Murray then Burke.

Sharks have no proven playoff performers though, I don't care what they do in the regular season. I've been picking them to go all the way for a couple years now and they keep disappointing me so screw it, I've lost faith in them. Damn you, you edited it to sarcasm while I was posting. Forget this Sharks thing then.

Because Niedermayer came back with virtually no rust, I don't know if Pronger would even be a huge loss for them. I'll agree with you though that the champion Ducks are more a product of Murray then Burke.

It was like Vancouver was his practice. Destroys us and goes to the Ducks and then learns. Bastard he is.

I think the Sharks will make it to the conference finals this year at least. If they don't, they can be eaten by us Orcas. :unsure:

The going rate for stomping on an opponent is 30 games, and IMO this one was worse....

Simon stomped on a skate; Pronger on a leg (calf area) and there's not much (if any protection there) and there have been many complaints from players that the new form fitting socks don't protect as well as the old style..........

NHL dropped the ball on this one. At least he should be suspended for the opening 2 games of the playoffs or the entire 1st round. Instead the give him 8 games. :lol: What is even more a joke is that there's 9 games left for the Ducks. :blink:

NHL is a joke.

For the biggest repeat offender and what Pronger did, 8 games is ridiculous. The NHL should be bitch slapped multiple times.

For the biggest repeat offender and what Pronger did, 8 games is ridiculous. The NHL should be bitch slapped multiple times.
What blows my mind is how they are opening a door to being labeled racist by some groups etc. I'm not accusing them but why would they even open the door to people concluding this? Why invite this type of scrutiny and criticism? Intent or not, this is shady and shabby PR!

I wonder what repercussions will come from this?

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

you guys cannot compare the Simon incident with this one .... Simon is a re-tard .. he had just come off a 25 game suspension for 2 handing someone in the face ... and couldn't keep out of trouble not even a month after he got back. he got 30 games because he's an idiot .. not just because he stepped on someone. If he had not come off a 25 game supension I highly doubt he would have gotten 30 game after that.

Sould Pronger have gotten more ? maybe but it's all subjective ... but the next time a guy steps on someone that wasn't just supended like Simon was will probably get based off of the 8 games Pronger got.