Pronger Suspended 8 games

Captain_Stealth

By not including at least a playoff game or two, the NHL took all of the 'teeth' out of the punishment. Should have been from 10 to 15 games...the NHL's desire to have Pronger in the playoffs rather than make the punishment fit the crime is disgusting.

Problem is a couple of Pronger's past suspensions SHOULD HAVE been MORE than what he got! The one in the playoffs he only got 1 game because it was the playoffs...............should have been 3-5 games (or more) IMO.

Just because a player hasn't got a 25-30 game suspension in the past (maybe they should have had at least one 10 game suspension in there........ :rolleyes: ) should have little bearing on a repeat offender............a repeat offender is just that.

And this one is worse IMO, since like I stated earlier it was on the leg/calf where with the new socks there's very little protection. And if you slow down the new video, Pronger looks down just before he steps on him........

Problem is a couple of Pronger's past suspensions SHOULD HAVE been MORE than what he got! The one in the playoffs he only got 1 game because it was the playoffs...............should have been 3-5 games (or more) IMO.

Just because a player hasn't got a 25-30 game suspension in the past (maybe they should have had at least one 10 game suspension in there........ :rolleyes: ) should have little bearing on a repeat offender............a repeat offender is just that.

And this one is worse IMO, since like I stated earlier it was on the leg/calf where with the new socks there's very little protection. And if you slow down the new video, Pronger looks down just before he steps on him........

Couldn't agree more. However the NHL has got to protect it's stars. It's stupid because they'll keep thinking they can get away with it. :rolleyes:

If it wasn't for my love of this game, I'd stop being a fan of the NHL.

you guys cannot compare the Simon incident with this one .... Simon is a re-tard .. he had just come off a 25 game suspension for 2 handing someone in the face ... and couldn't keep out of trouble not even a month after he got back. he got 30 games because he's an idiot .. not just because he stepped on someone. If he had not come off a 25 game supension I highly doubt he would have gotten 30 game after that.

Sould Pronger have gotten more ? maybe but it's all subjective ... but the next time a guy steps on someone that wasn't just supended like Simon was will probably get based off of the 8 games Pronger got.

The skate has thick reinforced plastic around the toe area and back heel area. Around the ankle it has a good portion of strong leather. Thats more protection versus the shin pad. Along the side is the end of the plastic protection. Pronger came close to mere fabric.

I wish the NHL was running the hockey league I play in .... in my game last thursday I got kicked in the leg buy a guy and he's only getting suspended 1 game ...

:lol:

You're lucky he even got punished I guess. Now if stomped on your leg(calf area) and had a terrible history....... 30 games!!!!!!!! ;)

Hopefully he didn't bruise you up to badly? This is an example and I know it isn't hockey. ;) My favourite part about playing soccer is where someone steps on your foot with metal cleats!!!!!!!! Yea I'm being sarcastic. lol

:lol:

You're lucky he even got punished I guess. Now if stomped on your leg(calf area) and had a terrible history....... 30 games!!!!!!!! ;)

Hopefully he didn't bruise you up to badly?

They called a 5 minute major and kicked him out of the game ... no damage done to me thankfully. But I have to admit I did deck him with a phatty cross check for slashing our goalie after the wistle :rolleyes: ... lets just say he was laying on the ground kicking and crying like a little girl ... just a couple of those kicks connected with my legs.

BETTMAN UNFIT TO LEAD

What does that have to do with this topic ?? he doesn't supsend people .. Colin Cambell does

Doesn't matter if Campbell did the suspension or not, Bettman controls the league he can go to Campbell and fire him, which Campbell deserves. Campbell told Bettman at some point of what he was going to do. Double Standard in hockey, NHL is corrupt. Next step for Bettman is to be the next Brain France of Hockey.

NHL needs to crack down on goons. Pronger is the goon but he's untouchable because he's Chris Pronger.

BETTMAN UNFIT TO LEAD
I don't know if I'd put this solely on Gary. This is a perfect example of favoritism for a player of Pronger's calibre, trophies and all versus a meat and potato type player in Simon. Pronger sells games, Simon doesn't. But, the divide between the two talents, their impact on the game and the scope of when the incident occured as it relates to the stretch run is too broad. It's totally inconsistent. I'll say it again. He should have gotten 9 regular season games and 2 palyoff games.

This could be also the result of some CBA thing. The NHL already had cleared him. I wonder about conspiracy theories. :P Is Campbell afraid of Burke? :lol:

I love how Campbell described the incident as Pronger trying to free himself. :puke:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Doesn't matter if Campbell did the suspension or not, Bettman controls the league he can go to Campbell and fire him, which Campbell deserves. Campbell told Bettman at some point of what he was going to do. Double Standard in hockey, NHL is corrupt. Next step for Bettman is to be the next Brain France of Hockey.

NHL needs to crack down on goons. Pronger is the goon but he's untouchable because he's Chris Pronger.

oh I think Pronger is a dirty biatch but when did the players stop policing themselves ? Why does the NHL have to crack down on goons ? I didn't see the rest of the game but did anyone go after Progner for his "vicious" hit ? Did Kessler bleed ? was he injured ? did his sock get torn ? I've seen high sticks and elbows do more damaged and either get suspended for less games or nothing at all.

Btw I love hearing that Chris Simon is all bent over this whole thing. :lol:

oh I think Pronger is a dirty biatch but when did the players stop policing themselves ? Why does the NHL have to crack down on goons ? I didn't see the rest of the game but did anyone go after Progner for his "vicious" hit ? Did Kessler bleed ? was he injured ? did his sock get torn ? I've seen high sticks and elbows do more damaged and either get suspended for less games or nothing at all.

Btw I love hearing that Chris Simon is all bent over this whole thing. :lol:

It's Kesler. :P

I wouldn't know anything because that game was PPV unfortunately. Would've been nyce to see Bieksa hand Pronger a new one though. :D

It's Kesler. :P

I wouldn't know anything because that game was PPV unfortunately. Would've been nyce to see Bieksa hand Pronger a new one though. :D

Well now it's Kessler ... so he better change it and get used to it ! :lol:

yeah I would love to see Pronger get his A$$ handed to him ^_^

when does Pronger ever get his ass handed to him. It's like me, will anyone ever fight me? no, i'm intimidating apparently, I don't feel threatened anywhere because of who I am. I just have to show a face and I put the fear in god in people. Just because of my presence. I think Pronger has had that through his whole career. I've watched him since Keenan traded for him. Nobody ever messes with Pronger so he can do all the bad assery he wants to do, will somebody beat him up? no. He's just too big, too strong for 98% of the league.

Pronger the Great

hsahahahahaha I think Pierres post on the land of the giants is his all time low point on this board....

I kicked giant azz in high school and playing football and enjoyed running over big tough linebackers(Till my knee gave out with a crunch). A longer reach on say a wussy big person does not mean they are tough, just harder to reach. Guess my just under 6' frame is just no match for Andre the Giant...ooopppsss...Pierre the Great.

andre-girls.jpg

Ooops, and to stay on topic Pronger should have at least got 15 games. Now he gets to rest until the playoffs. Buttmans NHL makes a lot of sense. :blink::blink::blink:

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

This really bummmmmmmmmmmmsssssssssssssssss me out!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spend so much time and money following my favourite sports teams. Mostly the Montreal Canadiens, hanging on every pass, shot, point in the standings etc....... WTF

The politics of the game burn my a$$. My Dad was always cynical about the whole world of sports, well, life in general. How strings are pulled and one hand washes the other in the name of POWER and MONEY. It drove me nuts. When things like this happen and it proves my Dad right again, I just want to explode with anger. :puke: :wall: :puke: How is this fair? We have a Chris Simon incident , in which actions are equal but the penalty isn't even close. BULLS**T!!!!!!!! I guess there is only one thing that keeps me from shooting myself, the fact that Bettman doesn't love the Leafs. Watching him stack that franchise and bending the rules for they're glory would surely kill me. I just don't get it.

Haha, same for me IAF except I played Rugby as well. Watch it on the linebackers though, I played linebacker and knew how to knock a cocky HB out. :P

This suspension is a joke, not even the 10 games I was willing to let slide. 8 games? That's not even the rest of the season and the Ducks won't miss him (I hope they do however) so what message is really delivered here?

The same as the amount of balls Colin Campbell has. None at all

Haha, same for me IAF except I played Rugby as well. Watch it on the linebackers though, I played linebacker and knew how to knock a cocky HB out. :P

Well you get my point. And if you were say 20 years older you might be that damn %*^&^&^* Linebacker that took out my knee!

In all seriousness, I'll never understand the talk about big people being tougher. Stronger, maybe but tougher nahhh. Being an older member of the board, I have no doubt most of you could kick my butt now so I say make peace not war... ^_^

I find most people I have ever met get along, whether 5' (Yup cute litle blonde lady I know) or 6'9" my best buddy in Detroit. Only time I ever had issues was in bars, but even then it was not that often.

And I am sure PTG does not have as many issues as he likes to bring up as he is a wealth of information and does fine expressing his views.....

*ponders why every thread turns into a discussion about me...*

lol

you missed the analogy I was getting at but that's okay. I've seen the guy play his whole career, he gets away with stuff that other players would not have. He's been doing this before he was even a star, so the "he's a star" line doesn't work, I don't think.

*ponders why every thread turns into a discussion about me...*

lol

you missed the analogy I was getting at but that's okay. I've seen the guy play his whole career, he gets away with stuff that other players would not have. He's been doing this before he was even a star, so the "he's a star" line doesn't work, I don't think.

Hey you are popular like Pronger so you get the Headlines.

And you are correct that the stars do get to take liberties that are not granted to the common folk.