Game Thread | Habs vs. Islanders | 15/03/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the biggest issue with Koivu this year is his passing, and more specifically, he doesn't seem to be able to make a saucer pass anymore.

Once upon a time, that puck would be a saucer pass to the tape of Ryder's stick.. now it is along the ice and easily intercepted. I have been noticing this all season but it isn't getting any better.

Did he change his stick or something?

Wamsley, they're streaming the game at cbc.ca. If you don't mind straining your eyes you can watch it there.

I think the biggest issue with Koivu this year is his passing, and more specifically, he doesn't seem to be able to make a saucer pass anymore.

Once upon a time, that puck would be a saucer pass to the tape of Ryder's stick.. now it is along the ice and easily intercepted. I have been noticing this all season but it isn't getting any better.

Did he change his stick or something?

I was thinking the same... I think its a combination of losing some speed and not being as focused anymore. Kinda get the feeling that Saku's just pacing himself waiting for the playoffs to start.

PP Habs!

:blink:

Weirdest... comparison... ever!

Well, Im not so sure bout that.. in my days at Uni I was pretty good at making real weird comparisons.. not kiddin boy oh boy still wondering where I got those from.. hahaha

Sloppy passing...lack of hitting...it's the Ottawa game all over again so far. Luckily, the Isles don't have Ottawa's talent to make us pay for playing so poorly. I hope Carbo blisters them during the intermission.

0-0, to the lowly Isles. A couple of chances, but the PP was ugly. Kinda sloppy, hopefully the new lines can get it going. Nice play by Lats to set up the 2 on 1 but no shot. Good chance for Kostopolo. S. Kostits flying out there.

Too much passing (overpassing) and poor passing at that. Looks like we're trying for the pretty highlight reel goals again instead of getting people to the net and some good low deflectible (if that's a word...) shots at the net

Why do they have to put the Ottawa guy on the Habs telecast? Does RDS livestream?

Now yer just getting picky, ;)