Latendresse

Wamsley01

I still think he can be an elite level power forward if given 1st line time and play on the top PP unit.

He has produced in his limited time on the top line.

Andreychuk was a 30 goal guy who had a couple 40 goal years and when he was paired with Gilmour potted 50.

Bertuzzi emerged as a force when paired with Markus Naslund, Neely with Janney and Oates. Glen Murray with Joe Thornton etc etc.

He will hit the 30 mark I am pretty sure, but pair him with that elite centerman and I would not limit his potential with a guess.

Leclair struggled in Montreal for years. People always blame the Habs brass for trading away a 50 goal scorer. Instaed Montreal should have provided a Lindros and Mikael Renberg. Hopefully that is the plan for Latendresse. The guy barely played in the AHL. We traded up to draft him. There is something special hidden inside that body....he'll be found out.

I would rather Latendresse become a 40-20 guy.

So would I, we already have a lot of playmakers. But Gui isn't a selfish goalscorer like he needs to be. He likes to pass a lot and that might make his point totals more balanced.