Game Thread | Habs vs. Bruins | 20/03/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bruins will be rested and hungry for this one. Chara is a game-time decision, but I bet that he plays. We'll need our best efforts (read: better than vs. STL) to win this one.

GO HABS GO!!!!

The Habs are on the road. I expect them to play a solid game. None of that fancy passing that get's intercepted 3/4 of the time! Keep it simple boys and work hard!

Let's hope we don't underestimae them....... true we're 6-0 against them BUT they're also only 3 wins behind us.............(granted we'd get the tie breaker given the head to head record) Imagine if they palyed us at 500 they'd be ahead of us........So we can't take them lightly, and (sigh...) lets hope we come out with some jump

I think this one will be a close game, hopefully we come out with the win but I got a bad feeling about this one

Yes this game scares me since those B's will be hungry. Their fighting for a playoff spot so I expect for them to come out firing.

I hope that Price got some well deserved rest and will be on top of his game tonight.

Go Habs Go!

PS. Nice thread Cataclaw

Edited by Habsfan84

Good news is that Lapierre and O'byrne are back in the line up.

About Brisebois he needed some time and for out of division games it was time for him to unrust.

O'byrne has plenty of division games to show he can play physical and support Hammer who look

depres when he is playing with Breezer.

Smolinski made me cry in my beer for the last ten games. Just him out of the line up his a big cheer.

Lapierre is ignited by physical play and those games will be good for him too.

So with the hope of Bégin being ready tonight or saturday we can have our little warriors on the ice

and our country club up there where they belong with Dandenault.

Go habs Go, let's tear up some teddy bear.

I get more uneasy as our streak against them lengthens. Let's make it 7-0 so I'll be trembling by Saturday!

My prediction: 6-3 win (empty netter). Goals by Kovalev (2), Plekanec, Markov, Ryder, Grabovski.

I'm only scared of games against particular opponants. It's more trying to figure out which Habs team will actaully show up. The hard working, smart, defensively tough team. Or the team that takes dumb penalties (Koivu, Kovalev), stands around and leaves the goalies out to dry for about 40 shots.

They haven't clinched anything yet. There motivation should be # 1 overall which they can get with a win.

I'm only scared of games against particular opponants. It's more trying to figure out which Habs team will actaully show up. The hard working, smart, defensively tough team. Or the team that takes dumb penalties (Koivu, Kovalev), stands around and leaves the goalies out to dry for about 40 shots.

They haven't clinched anything yet. There motivation should be # 1 overall which they can get with a win.

Unfortunately this team plays worse the better the goaltending gets. When they don't have to pay for their

mistakes they don't correct their work ethic. The goaltending has been fantastic since the trade deadline

and they have played 2-3 complete games.

They are in essentially every game, because usually when they do get down they pick up their intensity. Like the San Jose game

and the Rangers game. Unfortunately that will get them killed in the playoffs.

They need to start to get ready for the playoffs and that means picking up their intensity. With all the inter divisional games

there is absolutely no excuse not to.

A win tonight would essentially be a clinch, but first place in the East should be the goal.

Yep, good points. Atleast they put in a couple of tough forwards and O'Byrne so they can atleast throw a body check. I think the St. Loius game was ano hitter.

Atleast they have some confidence against the Bruins. They aren't going to beat the Sens, there scared of them.

Yep, good points. Atleast they put in a couple of tough forwards and O'Byrne so they can atleast throw a body check. I think the St. Loius game was ano hitter.

Atleast they have some confidence against the Bruins. They aren't going to beat the Sens, there scared of them.

Are you of the opinion that 'at least' is one word?

Is Smolinski really out of the lineup for tonight's game?

I hope so, and that I don't see him in a Habs uniform again.

This is Carbonneaus playoff roster.

So to say the least I am excited.

Agreed....with the one exception of a healthy Begin in for Grabs vs certain teams

Tough game tonight though........I actually think the Habs would play better if they saw Chara in the lineup.....he gets totally frustrated vs our speed.

Habs 3 (Ryder 2 + Markov)

Bruins 2

GHG!!!

This is Carbonneaus playoff roster.

So to say the least I am excited.

Got that right !!

now its time for the players to kick it another gear and get into a playoff mode. they need to play more physical and show the Bs who's Boss. we should play the bruins in the playoffs so lets outplay them so bad that they'll have a bigger inferiority complex than they already have.

Got that right !!

now its time for the players to kick it another gear and get into a playoff mode. they need to play more physical and show the Bs who's Boss. we should play the bruins in the playoffs so lets outplay them so bad that they'll have a bigger inferiority complex than they already have.

if we can take both these games tonight and on saturday then i don't think we'll be seeing the B's in the playoffs