Cataclaw

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the word on Komi ?

I would hate to see him out for an extended period :(

lower body injury. on radio they talked about his groin..hope not.

How about Ryder being the ace up our sleeve? :ninja:

he could very well be. koivu was dreadful in his own zone but once he was over the neutral zone he and his wingmen had speed, creativity. ryder was exactly where he was supposed to be. I think he should be back more regularely on the PP.

Another idea - DRESS BEGIN!! Tonight we got roughed up hard, it seemed as if Boston picked up their physicality after Komisarek's presence was no longer on the ice. There were enough shoving matches in front of the net but our small europeans from our top lines just got dummied. Put Kostopoulous and Begin together on the 4th line, and let Grabo sit one maybe.

What's the word on Komi ?

I would hate to see him out for an extended period :(

On the CKAC post game conference with Carbonneau, Guy said that they still didn't know how serious Komi's injury was. All he said was that it was a lower body injury. that could be his ankle, his knee or his groin. None of which is good. I just hope it isn't serious and the habs decided to sit him out for precautionary measures!

Cause if Komi is out for the rest of the season, we won't get very far in the playoffs!

We'll be OK without Komi short term. It's likely 2 weeks. :( That's a bummer but it's good it happened now versus April 4th. We should be able to weather the storm regardless of the loss of Komi. I hope so :)

You're pretty optimistic! Komi is a huge part of our defensive corps!

Damn I missed Kovalev's goals, just caught the 3rd. Hurry up and get your highlights up RDS!!!

maybe the RDS site blocks foreign IPs? Someone have a link to their highlights page?

Damn those Bruins, they've gotta be the dirtiest team in the East. Hopefully it's not tolerated as much in Montreal.

Good to see Kostopolous stand up for teammates. But Komi, NOO!!! He's probably in the top three, with Kovalev and Markov, of guys who are the most important to our lineup. On RDS they made a good point that Komi's style of play opens things up for Markov's finesse. Streit filled in pretty well for him, though, and I hope they leave him on D and put Dandenault back in the lineup instead of Breezer. It probably doesn't make that big of a difference though.

Kovalev was on last night, a man among boys. Can you imagine the Bell centre if he pulled those moves at home?

The biggest positive from the game was Price. He was really shaky to start off, but he pulled it together. In the past when we saw a shaky start it usually meant a shaky game, but he was excellent later on.

Let's humiliate the B's on Saturday, and knock them out of the playoffs.

I called it! Ah thank you.

Any news on Komisaurus Rex?

I get more uneasy as our streak against them lengthens. Let's make it 7-0 so I'll be trembling by Saturday!

My prediction: 6-3 win (empty netter). Goals by Kovalev (2), Plekanec, Markov, Ryder, Grabovski.

I was off on the score, but I called two goals by Kovy and one for Ryder!

And I forgot to mention that second Bruins goal. It was a terrible call, and they must have thought that Markov pushed Thornton into Price. But Thornton was going full steam, making a B-line for him. We need an enforcer to pound his face in for touching our goalie.

Losing Komi will hurt. Hopefully he he'll be back before the playoffs. This is why they signed Brisby. He can step in for the short term. They only have 2 games in the next week, Saturday and Monday before Buffalo next Friday. So having Brisby in for 2 games won't hurt much. It's not like they shut down the Sens with Komi.

I was wondering which team would show up, the good or the bad. It liked like both. They were dominated in the first and came back to play pretty solid the last 2 periods. The D zone was awful again. Too many turnovers, too many 1 on 1 battles lost, couldn't clear the zone. Close to 40 shots against again. The Koivu line is deadly in all 3 zones.

Good news:

The habs had a more physical lineup in. Played tougher but still got thrown around alot.

Price was excellent again.

The top line looked very good.

The 4th line was good, forechecking and hitting

1 more win should get them in. Howeverm they can control who they play. They don't want the Rangers, Sens or Carolina.

Good game by the Habs.

Komisarek is a big blow but we still have Streit or Dandenaualt who can come back. Also we Have Brisebois and as of late he has actually looked good.

My feeling on Komisarek is that he was injured already, he was not has sharp as usual lately,

is it just a coincidence that three Bruins players drive him heavy in the boards in the same 5 minutes?

Smells like a call from the coach to hurt.

I do not believe in coincidence but i would like revenge by kicking the Bruins out of the playoff race.

My feeling on Komisarek is that he was injured already, he was not has sharp as usual lately,

is it just a coincidence that three Bruins players drive him heavy in the boards in the same 5 minutes?

Smells like a call from the coach to hurt.

I do not believe in coincidence but i would like revenge by kicking the Bruins out of the playoff race.

Those were all typical plays, there was no conspiracy... it looks like he pulled his groin as he tried to come off one hit and get back into the battle...

Yes, don't let the fact that you watch the habs play distort what you are watching. There were no cheap shots last night. I thought St.Loius was way more physical then the Bruins.

The Habs are generally soft, small and not physical. So when other teams do it to them it looks worse then it is.

Great examples: Miller made a save, the forward came in and sprayed him. 3 Sabres came to his aid, pushed and crossed checked him. This happens with most teams. The Habs just turn there heads most of the time. If Miller would have been run like Price someone would have dropped Thornton immediately.

The Habs just need to toughen up or playoffs will be over quickly.

Yes, don't let the fact that you watch the habs play distort what you are watching. There were no cheap shots last night. I thought St.Loius was way more physical then the Bruins.

The Habs are generally soft, small and not physical. So when other teams do it to them it looks worse then it is.

Great examples: Miller made a save, the forward came in and sprayed him. 3 Sabres came to his aid, pushed and crossed checked him. This happens with most teams. The Habs just turn there heads most of the time. If Miller would have been run like Price someone would have dropped Thornton immediately.

The Habs just need to toughen up or playoffs will be over quickly.

yeah, it drives me nuts when Price has to start pushing guys around because nobody is coming to his defense.

Normally I don't like the idea of a goon, but if you don't have one you need a guy who can play and come to the rescue.

Tom the bomb is great, but he will not stop teams from taking liberties.

And it happens ALL THE TIME!

Yep, i can't even remember the last time i saw a game where i said, "Wow, that habs guy really kicked his a$$"

At this point I would settle for a Habs player just getting a roughing call every now and again. I'm tired of the hooking and holding penalties.

No cheap shots? We must not have been watching the same game.

I believe the Habs are in the top 2 in bodychecks. We may not have many intimidating physical forces (Komi being the only one) but our team is pretty physical. We've got medium-sized guys like Lapierre and Kostopoulos and Gorges and Bouillon and the Kosties (especially Sergei with his open ice hits) that finish all their checks.

No cheap shots? We must not have been watching the same game.

I can't remember any either. The hit on A Kost was clean, so was the one on Gui and Komisarek got hurt in some freak play, I'm not even sure how it happened. The second goal was goaltender interference for sure but I wouldn't really call that a cheapshot, just a penalty.

I can't remember any either. The hit on A Kost was clean, so was the one on Gui and Komisarek got hurt in some freak play, I'm not even sure how it happened. The second goal was goaltender interference for sure but I wouldn't really call that a cheapshot, just a penalty.

I remember some hits from behind, and a cross check to the back or two. And that's during the play. After the whistle they were cross checking often, and generally being dirty for no reason. Like on that play that should have been a penalty for covering the puck in their crease but there was an early whistle, A. Kostitsyn was just standing near the net, not close to the goalie, not bothering anyone, and Axelsson comes up and shoves him, and another Bruin grabs his face from behind.

Edited by Neech