Who is the most important to the team?

Wamsley01

I was reading an article on http://wwwrealitycheckeyesontheprize.blogspot.com and the question

was posed about what the Habs record was with Steve Begin in the lineup. So I decided to do some

research to see who has been the most succesful Habs to this point in the season.

It is obviously not 100% accurate because Kovalev, Higgins, Komisarek's impact cannot be measured

correctly as we have not seen how their absence would affect the overall record.

But it is interesting to note the record when Brisebois is in the lineup as opposed to O'Byrne and Gorges.

Also Smolinski has the worst record among forwards. The only surprise on this list for me would be

Andre Kostitsyn, Price does not surprise me as it takes into account his struggles midway through the year.

Halak, Jaroslav - 2-0-1

Kostitsyn, Sergei - 26-13-5

O'Byrne, Ryan - 15-8-2

Gorges, Josh - 31-16-7

Lapierre, Maxim - 26-14-5

Hamrlik, Roman - 38-21-10

Kostopoulos, Tom - 32-18-9

Plekanec, Tomas - 40-23-10

Bouillon, Francis - 38-22-9

Latendresse, Guillaume - 38-22-9

Koivu, Saku - 40-24-9

Begin, Steve - 21-13-3

Higgins, Christopher - 40-24-10

Komisarek, Mike - 40-24-10

Kovalev, Alexei - 40-24-10

Markov, Andrei - 40-24-10

Streit, Mark - 40-24-10

Grabovski, Mikhail - 9-5-5

Ryder, Michael - 34 -21-9

Dandenault, Mathieu - 30-19-8

Kostitsyn, Andrei - 37-24-8

Smolinski, Bryan - 30-21-6

Price, Carey - 17-12-3

Brisebois, Patrice - 17-16-6

Right now the most important player is Kovalev. Without a doubt. A couple of years from now, I expect that it'll be Price!

Right now the most important player is Kovalev. Without a doubt. A couple of years from now, I expect that it'll be Price!

I agree with this but it would be interesting to see how our team would play without Kovalev. Usually new leaders emerge and try to take the lead. For me, the only other player that can even be considered in this is Markov.

Sergei's stats are encouraging... and I actually thought that Breezer's would be worse lol.

17 wins in 39 games is not exactly good. It means we win just over 40% of the time that he plays.

17 wins in 39 games is not exactly good. It means we win just over 40% of the time that he plays.

I agree... I never said his stats were good.. just thought they would be worse.

But it is interesting to note the record when Brisebois is in the lineup as opposed to O'Byrne and Gorges.

Also Smolinski has the worst record among forwards. The only surprise on this list for me would be

Andre Kostitsyn, Price does not surprise me as it takes into account his struggles midway through the year.

I don't find A. Kostitsyn's stats revealing of anything in particular, in the five games he missed we had three wins and two OT losses.

I think they got pretty good depth. They could anyone for a short period of time. Markov and Komi would be at the top of the list for me. A Kosty is smothered a bit by playing with Kovalev (handles the puck alot). The Kosty brothers with pleks would still produce points for the short term.

For a playoff run Kovalev they would miss the most.

I agree with this but it would be interesting to see how our team would play without Kovalev. Usually new leaders emerge and try to take the lead. For me, the only other player that can even be considered in this is Markov.

Ya, I remember last year when Markov went down, we couldn't win a game. The team just fell apart. This year we really looked weak when Hammer was out.

We do owe much of our season to Kovy and Pleks, but there has been a few games where the first line was shut down and we still came out and looked good. It would be interesting to see who would pick up the slack should Kovy get hurt. I don't think this team relies on him and there is a lot of confidence with the youngsters. A line with Pleks and the two TlTS would be my surprise guess as to who would seaze the moment. Let's hope we don't need to find out this year.

This season, Kovalev's beent he most important cog in the Habs' lineup - no doubt about it. Though, there are plenty other players that without, would hurt the habs considerably.

Kovalev, Hamrlik, and Markov ... when Harmlik is not there it's a huge difference in our end , has we saw about a month ago or so, whe might win but , Kovy lines has to step up to compense for Hammer being out