Habs game now online !

sakiqc

Habs game are now online ! Unfortunately the service is not available in the US :( But it's a great step forward and will be very appreciated by Habs Fans community worldwide!

on rds.ca

3$/game

http://www.rds.ca/zonedematch/

Countries where service is available: Canada Albanie Bahrein Andorre Iran Arménie Irak Autriche Israel Azerbaïdjan Jordanie Biélorussie Koweit Belgique Liban Bosnie Oman Herzégovine Palestine Bulgarie Qatar Croatie Arabie Saoudite Chypre Syrie République tchèque Émirats arabes unis Danemark Yémen Estonie Îles Féroé Algérie Finlande Tchad France Djibouti Géorgie Égypte Allemagne Lybie Grèce Mautiranie Hongrie Maroc Islande Somalie Irlande Soudan Italie Tunisie Kazakhstan Lettonie Nigeria Leichtenstein Sénégal Lituanie Luxembourg République de Macédoine Malte Moldavie Pays-Bas Norvège Pologne Portugal Roumanie Russie Saint-Marin Serbie et Monténégro Espagne Suède Suisse Turquie Ukraine Royaume-Uni Slovaquie Slovénie

(in bold: countries of some of HW members)

too bad about the no US part - makes sense considering the nhl.tv franchise. I would much prefer, of course, to watch the games via the RDS feed, but it is great to have more HW members seeing the games. This can only raise the level of debate on the board and enliven the game threads.

I got this today, says basically the league didn't give them the rights for Japan:

Bonjour,

Les droits négociés avec la LNH nous empêchent de webdiffuser au Japon. Sachez que nous travaillons fort afin d'acquérir ces droits.

Merci de votre intérêt

L'équipe du RDS.ca

oh well . . . . . at least RDS regards Palestine as a country ^_^

lol don't tell George Bush

Syria, Iran, Iraq can get the games but not the states

hysterical.

outside of northern Maine/Vermont/New Hampshire, not very many french speakers in the states. they're probably all boston fans anyway.

it's not so ridiculous. The NHL sold American internet distribution rights to nhl.tv. Why would they allow RDS to compete with them in the US?

it's not so ridiculous. The NHL sold American internet distribution rights to nhl.tv. Why would they allow RDS to compete with them in the US?

eh, makes sense. But will you get the RDS feed on nhl.tv? non? From my comcastical playoff experiences which I'll have to endure now, again, sadly, because I'm going south for the summer. They never do the Canadiens broadcast. sucks.

eh, makes sense. But will you get the RDS feed on nhl.tv? non? From my comcastical playoff experiences which I'll have to endure now, again, sadly, because I'm going south for the summer. They never do the Canadiens broadcast. sucks.

One in a while they have to give the RDS feed because there is no American one.

Hmm

Is the nhl.tv not the same as centre ice? For the games they carry? And the broadcasts they use?

When I had Center Ice USA a few years ago, I got a total of one game via the RDS the feed... I have no idea what the policies for either service are.

Sounds great!

But is this just a test or will I be able so watch all the Canadiens games? And how's the quality?

I signed up with RDS right away and I must admit I was very satisfied with the quality. Mind u, having gone so long without watching hockey, I'm pretty much like a dog in heat so I guess I'm not that picky.

Does anyone know how much this will cost for the entirety of next season? I'm seriously considering not getting cable and just getting this :)

I know that it's 2.99$ per game, and they currently have a package for 27.99$ , you get to see all the reamining games of this season(which is two) plus all the playoff games the Habs play in!

AS for next year, I have no idea.

Does anyone know how much this will cost for the entirety of next season? I'm seriously considering not getting cable and just getting this :)

If I were to hazard a guess I would say between 70-90$.