To all the "experts"...

JoeLassister

The sad part is if the Habs lost their next 3 games, this place would be ready to implode.

Not saying they will though. Good luck to you guys down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Nice avatar, Captain Stealth. I'm hooked on that show right, middle of Season 2. We've barely lost three straight all season, I doubt it'll happen now. Fun thought though :puke:

The sad part is if the Habs lost their next 3 games, this place would be ready to implode.

Not saying they will though. Good luck to you guys down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Doesn't it just annoy you though? And it's not just about the Habs. The media seems to have tunnel vision. I remember reading the 2006 yearbook when it was printed. As a poolie, I identified Stall. It turned it to be his breakout year. They had Brind'Amour etc. I definitely concurred that THN was goofy. Boy oh boy, did the Canes ever exceed my expectations but for these clowns not to see it was ridiculous IMO. Did they not factor in Stall? Had he been 2/3 as good as he was, it still (with him) would have produced a good offensive squad!

Nice avatar, Captain Stealth. I'm hooked on that show right, middle of Season 2. We've barely lost three straight all season, I doubt it'll happen now. Fun thought though :puke:

Yea, it's an awesome show. As for the losing 3 games in a row, I just brought it up because I've lurked around after a loss or two and it's amazing. You guys will go far as long as you guys stay healthy IMO. *knocks on wood for your guy's sake*

Yea, it's an awesome show. As for the losing 3 games in a row, I just brought it up because I've lurked around after a loss or two and it's amazing. You guys will go far as long as you guys stay healthy IMO. *knocks on wood for your guy's sake*
I don't think anyone in the house would lose it over a Vancouver cup. Not my team but I'd have a sweet cigar for it.

Cheers!

...now, back to my beer :lol:

PS. Screw the 1994 Rag$ (Sorry Kovy)

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Doesn't it just annoy you though? And it's not just about the Habs. The media seems to have tunnel vision. I remember reading the 2006 yearbook when it was printed. As a poolie, I identified Stall. It turned it to be his breakout year. They had Brind'Amour etc. I definitely concurred that THN was goofy. Boy oh boy, did the Canes ever exceed my expectations but for these clowns not to see it was ridiculous IMO. Did they not factor in Stall? Had he been 2/3 as good as he was, it still (with him) would have produced a good offensive squad!

Of course. The media is stupid so I tend to not waste my emotions in what they say. You think listening to how anemic our(Canucks) offense for the past two years is fun? Or how about without Luongo, we're nothing. I at least know for sure the latter part is false.

So this is a great time to be a Habs fan. I'm happy for you guys.

I don't think anyone in the house would lose it over a Vancouver cup. Not my team but I'd have a sweet cigar for it.

Cheers!

...now, back to my beer :lol:

PS. Screw the 1994 Rag$ (Sorry Kovy)

For sure. Haha.

For now, all I'm going to say is we've got a long way to go. So I'll probably just watch you guys in the playoffs. I did when we missed the playoffs back in 06 anyways.

Edited by Captain_Stealth

We'll watch it all!

HERE COMES THE REAL HOCKEY!

Can't wait. Lots of exciting times ahead of us.

Love the avatar. Turco looked so bad on that one! Just like the Datsyuk :lol:

Love the avatar. Turco looked so bad on that one! Just like the Datsyuk :lol:

Yep. Only we can tease Turco by giving him 3 shutouts in the playoffs and still kick him out 1st round. :lol:

Is that Parros in your avatar?

The thing that made no sense to me was in the Hockey News yearbook it had all the Habs players improving

and a couple at a plateau and one in decline and then they picked the Habs to drop 3 spots?

What kind of common sense is that? Every player will improve but the team will decline?

One part of their article contradicted the other. THen they call Carey Price the best prospect in the

game and publish two pictures of Yann Danis. What a rag.

The thing that made no sense to me was in the Hockey News yearbook it had all the Habs players improving

and a couple at a plateau and one in decline and then they picked the Habs to drop 3 spots?

What kind of common sense is that? Every player will improve but the team will decline?

One part of their article contradicted the other. THen they call Carey Price the best prospect in the

game and publish two pictures of Yann Danis. What a rag.

That's all you need to know. THN is fun to read but never take them seriously on their predictions.

For sure. Haha.

For now, all I'm going to say is we've got a long way to go. So I'll probably just watch you guys in the playoffs. I did when we missed the playoffs back in 06 anyways.

I think Vancouver is close to having a playoff team. 15 4th liners and a goalie. No' just kidding, but seriously, I think that a few pieces to the puzzle and they have a true playoff team. Think Dallas, New Jersey. Who were their superstars? Where were their offensive contributions? Vancouver has a pile of 180 pound kids that can grind and pound your soul until you lose the will to compete. I like the team for the first time in my life, and I was raised in BC.

That said, If they meet in the finals I hope they all eat some bad Sushi and get brutaly beaten on the way to the hospital, thus renderring them useless against the mighty offensive prowess of My HABS.

Yes, for all the credit Gainey is getting - and rightly - for his patient build-from-within approach, it sounds as though he came frighteningly close this summer to at least partially blowing it. Just think: had things broken differently we could have been saddled with Souray for four years at $5.5 mil; Briere for 8 years (or whatever) for an obscene amount; or the admirable-but-perpetually-injured Ryan Smyth to be in and out of our lineup at great cost. The lesson is to be choosy about UFAs, and never, ever pay franchise-player dollars to guys who aren't franchise players.

Hopefully both Bob and fans will remember that this summer when the Hossa frenzy kicks in.

As for these benighted 'experts:' the sensible prediction after last summer would have been of the Bob MacKenzie kind, saying that the Habs *could* break out if their young players blossom, but that the probabilities place them among the gang scrapping for 8th. I had no problem with that sort of prediction at the time and, if I recall, that was basically my own position. What drove me crazy was the blithe ignorance of most commentators and the blithe hysteria of Montreal fanbase, 90% of which seemed ready to fall on its sword because Gainey hadn't signed Briere and completely lost sight of any conception of what developing from within MEANS. I remember one guy telling me he was gonna cheer for Pittsburgh. Others were saying what 'winners' the Rangers were for scooping up Gomez/Drury (good additions to be sure, but are the Rangers actually better than last season? No, just poorer). Others saw the Leafs as net winners because of the Blake signing. 'Everybody has gotten better but us,' was the mantra. I still get annoyed when I think about it.

UFAs, media, and moronic fans who listen to the media can all go f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned. We have the best developmental organization in all of hockey and I'll keep that over a dozen 'high profile' UFA duds any day of the week.

Uh.. I don't think it will be any different this summer. Remember the "fans" on the lunatic fringe who wanted Bob fired after the trade deadline? I for one will be happy if we don't sign Hossa. Gamebreakers? We are already the top-scoring team in the league, whaddu want, egg in your beer?

Edited by PMAC

Of course. The media is stupid so I tend to not waste my emotions in what they say. You think listening to how anemic our(Canucks) offense for the past two years is fun? Or how about without Luongo, we're nothing. I at least know for sure the latter part is false.

So this is a great time to be a Habs fan. I'm happy for you guys.

I'm confused. I thought all this stuff was true. :lol:

Experts and TSN and THN are in for some competition. I wonder if their media is weary of blogs and boards like this. We might be taking over. Ten years ago, multimedia internet and access was not as accessable and not as many people had it. 15 years ago it was zip. Now these media experts have competition from NHL centre Ice Subscribers who are on line and are more addicted than the actual writers on the game. Also, poolies want to pay attention to every aspect of the game to beat the odds and all they are competing against. How does the media fight better passion? Especially when you can beat the media on stories now?

Put Kozed, Marky and Komi, Shortcat, JMMR, Wamsley01, Sakicq, CC, CS, JS & BTH on the TSN or CBC panel and we'd take their jobs.

This is why we are so embroiled in this thread. It just happened to be the Habs. The mainstream media should be ashamed! Habs decade mediocrity became "common" and "expected". Definitely too "overcommon" and "overexpected"

DUMB!

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

I'm confused. I thought all this stuff was true. :lol:

It isn't. Our defense is one of the best in this league and it's quite underrated. The fact it's been absolutely decimated with injuries this season and we're still in the hunt is amazing. The Nucks need to let Luongo go back to Florida though. He can't focus right now. Will we make it? Meh.

Experts and TSN and THN are in for some competition. I wonder if their media is weary of blogs and boards like this. We might be taking over. Ten years ago, multimedia internet and access was not as accessable and not as many people had it. 15 years ago it was zip. Now these media experts have competition from NHL centre Ice Subscribers who are on line and are more addicted than the actual writers on the game. Also, poolies want to pay attention to every aspect of the game to beat the odds and all they are competing against. How does the media fight better passion? Especially when you can beat the media on stories now?

Put Kozed, Marky and Komi, Shortcat, JMMR, Wamsley01, Sakicq, CC, CS, JS & BTH on the TSN or CBC panel and we'd take their jobs.

This is why we are so embroiled in this thread. It just happened to be the Habs. The mainstream media should be ashamed! Habs decade mediocrity became "common" and "expected". Definitely too "overcommon" and "overexpected"

DUMB!

I know you didn't mention Sportsnet but we should just walk in and take over. We'd be a hit!

I know you didn't mention Sportsnet but we should just walk in and take over. We'd be a hit!
Sportsnet = :blink:

I'll give the credit on picking up the Sens TV contract and have Kypreos and Watters blah blahing. As a hockey fan, I gauge their opinions and they do reveal relevant news. But, after a while in spite of this they do become too repetitive.

Sportsnet = :blink:

I'll give the credit on picking up the Sens TV contract and have Kypreos and Watters blah blahing. As a hockey fan, I gauge their opinions and they do reveal relevant news. But, after a while in spite of this they do become too repetitive.

I like pie.

DUMB!

Can I be the Greek correspondant? You guys can live feed me reporting from the Acropolis, which is exactly where I'm gonna hang my Habs flag if we win the Cup this year...

DUMB!

I'd change a few from that list, but I agree with you.