Remember Saku's "optimism" before the season ?

rafikz

He's being forced to say that!

He doesn't mean it.

Edited by Captain_Stealth

Ya, Koivu is probably happier than all of Montreal put together. Who would have thought Kovalev last years "KNOB" would give us 80 points, and the kids? I thought they would be good but not this good. Price? Little TlTS?

Finally! Saks can be optimistic..........I'm sure he was starting to feel like he would never be on a Habs team that would have a chance. Last summer sure didn't seem like anything changed. There were a lot of if's. It's been a crazy year, I hope the tides don't turn and we get knocked out in the first round. Just like Saks said " Let's get to the play-offs, then anything can happen.

Go Habs Go!

Go Saku Go!

I was starting to believe he may never get a chance to win a cup in Montreal as well, funny how things change when players decide to try. Thanks Carbo!!!!!!!!!!

Saku has to be stoked with how everyone has risen to the challenge. And I expect he will as well, come playoff time.

Saku has to be stoked with how everyone has risen to the challenge. And I expect he will as well, come playoff time.

Koivu as always shone in the playoffs. this time again he will be dynamite.

It's funny. After the All-Star break, Saku really picked it up. There was plenty of criticism of his play at the time... we were a team on the rise and he appeared disinterested. It's like when they came back, and the team started talking about getting to first, that it really sunk in to him what could be accomplished with this group, and while Kovalev is still leading the charge, there's no questions about Saku's contributions anymore.

I get the feeling, too, that in the playoffs his presence will be large. I also get that feeling about Ryder, believe it or not.

It's funny. After the All-Star break, Saku really picked it up. There was plenty of criticism of his play at the time... we were a team on the rise and he appeared disinterested. It's like when they came back, and the team started talking about getting to first, that it really sunk in to him what could be accomplished with this group, and while Kovalev is still leading the charge, there's no questions about Saku's contributions anymore.

I get the feeling, too, that in the playoffs his presence will be large. I also get that feeling about Ryder, believe it or not.

The playoffs are Ryder's second chance. He's had a crappy season, despite his improved play of late. If he rips it up in the playoffs, he has a much better chance of getting a good contract (in Montreal or elsewhere) that would make up for his performance during the rest of the season.

Edited by les_glorieux

The playoffs are Ryder's second chance. He's had a crappy season, despite his improved play of late. If he rips it up in the playoffs, he has a much better chance of getting a good contract (in Montreal or elsewhere) that would make up for his performance during the rest of the season.

It's strange, the last month or so has maybe been Ryder's best hockey of his career. Not talking about point totals, he's been a complete player. He uses his body a lot more and makes his linemates better.

Hilarious picture. If Koivu can get his line going, it'll counter the loss of Komisarek ("the best defence is a good offence") and then of course we'll be a powerhouse when Komisarek gets back.

I think Ryder will have a great playoffs. He ows it to the Habs for sure.

Good point, BTH. It would do us WONDERS if Saku can get his line going to where Kovys is in the playoffs. And when Komi is back they could go far.

:hlogo:

I don't think Ryder will have a great playoffs, tbh. With him, the deciding factor is, as always, his talent - or lack thereof.

Koivu, I actually think he is a big key going in. Kovy cannot be under any serious team's 'radar', nor can his line. Secondary scoring often keys a playoff run. It's Koivu's first time as a favourite, I look to him to produce and get other teams thinking, get them off the 100% concentration on Plex line.

Interesting anyways. I'd love to see Koivu eat his words in the worst way...by lifting the Cup.