GAME THREAD: Habs v. Sens | April 1st

Psycing

OK, so the Habs played well, but, was this the same Sens team that killed us most of the season (and we just outplayed them), or did they seriously suck monkey balls tonight?

Something is up with the Sens recently. I never liked the trade they made (well. actually, I did ... but not in their best interests ;) ). Maybe they have their cancers in the locker room now, because they have too much talent to be sucking like they have of late.

And....

Wooooohooooo! Go Habs go!

(BTW, this score isn't an April fools joke is it? I already got burnt on one today!)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight you've seen the difference between a group of talented players and a team.

Love how Lats-Laps play together. They just reek of Lemieux-Skrudland or LeClair-Dipetro playoffs heroics.

The last 2 games should be a test to see who should fit in Koivu's C spot. Grabs wasnt it, Lil Kost isnt comfortable enough yet, so I'm thinking maybe Higgins should get a kick at the can.

I agree. Higgins was a centre in junior. I don't think he is good on the faceoff though. When Koivu is waived, Ryder usually takes the face off...when that line is together.

Congrats to the boys. That this team won the division is amazing.

Now, eyes on the prize. If Pitts wants the conference that bad, let 'em. We'll take the slightly larger prize at the end of the finals!

How sweet to do this in Ottawa. I wrote a few days ago that my best playoff scenario involved Ott not making the playoffs...where there's a will...

GO HABS!!!

What a win tonight.

Sens fans do not like people standing and clapping near the end of the game especially the women wow I was part of a vulger display.

But what a feeling it is to emerge from SBP with a shutout.

Habs dominated in every single aspect of the hockey game.

I F-ing love the way we played as a team. People diving to block shots, tough on the boards, offensive creativity and Price was brilliant all game long.

Sens thought they were going to bust the shutout when, BOOM, Price makes an incredible stop in the dying seconds.

I have one huge ass grin on my face today.

Now I hope that the Sens loose two games and Washinton wins two games. Bye, Bye Sens.

:hlogo: :clap: :hlogo:

So many players played good games last night.

Bégin must've blocked 4 or 5 shots all by himself. he was a key player killing penalties for the Habs.

Gorges is becoming a solid NHL d-Man. This guy must be made out of rubber. He keeps gettin' pounded into the boards, yet he gets back up everytime. He played an incredible 24 minutes last night.

O'Byrne played a good game as well. He didn't make any mistakes and did what he had to do all night!

Brisebois...Breezer didn'T make too many mistakes, but for somebody who hasn'T played much lately, we can't complain.

The Dandy-Laps-Lats line was great last night. They were all over the place. Forechecking, giving solid body checks and even scoring a very important goal. Did anyone notice how Lats outskated some Sens d-man for the breakaway? Maybe those power-skating lessons are starting to pay off for Gui?!

You could tell that Little Tlts wasn'T too comfortable playing centre, but he did a good job. I liked how he didn't back down from Neil.

There are soo many other unsung heroes to last nights game, i just don't have the time to mention them all!

Smolinski was good on face off last night, he totally dominated Spezza and Fisher. overall 12/17 71%

Overall he was good, if he can play like that i will eat all my bad words with delight.

Plek was good in the face odd department too, especially in the defensive zone 6/7 86%

With the fact that they were facing Spezza line all the game this was huge.

This part of the game is very important before the playoffs.

These two guy really stepped up for this part of the game.

Higgins should be given the last two games to get back in business at C. He is the player that fits the

role right now. He is calm, has strenght, has speed to cover all the ice.

Whats the status on Hammer ???

The sens are in freefall. They have three issues. One, the goaltending issues with Emery seriously undermined team chemistry. Two, the coach got fired and that further eroded team confidence. Three, they made a dumb trade and are suffering more team chemistry issues.

There is a lesson to be learned here kids. We had similar issues last year with the locker room. This year, the team pulled together, there was less whining, and frankly Carbo made huge strides in communication to keep the controversies down. Considering how many vets we had who had to ride pine all season, Carbo did a great job keeping everyone, if not totally happy, at least on board the team bus.

The sens are in freefall. They have three issues. One, the goaltending issues with Emery seriously undermined team chemistry. Two, the coach got fired and that further eroded team confidence. Three, they made a dumb trade and are suffering more team chemistry issues.

There is a lesson to be learned here kids. We had similar issues last year with the locker room. This year, the team pulled together, there was less whining, and frankly Carbo made huge strides in communication to keep the controversies down. Considering how many vets we had who had to ride pine all season, Carbo did a great job keeping everyone, if not totally happy, at least on board the team bus.

After early season criticisms of Carbo I am very impressed with one thing in particular. Carbo has shown humility. He is a very proud and intense guy but he showed a real humble side of himself this season as well. This team plays an entirely different style than it did at the start of the season. Carbo listened, learned and made changes. His willingness to bend his stlye instead of forcing the team to bend their style has made all the difference in the world.

Yes, very impressive game. That was the best they looked in 10 games. Very solid in all the zones, no running around, giving up bodies to make plays, winning battles and standing up for themselves. If they paly like that thye can go far.

Now they can certainly rest Kovalev a game, same with Markov and Hamrlik, the last thing the team needs is one of those guysd getting hurt in a meaningless game.

Good news for the playoffs:

They showed up without Koivu

Great PP, Pk getting better

Hot Goalie

Solid team effort

GC team does not lose many games in a row, great for the playoffs

Kovalev, will he be more motivated

A couple of concerns:

Dumb penalties, too many hooking and holding for no reason

Youth, can they step up

Injuries, will Komi and Koivu be back

just a little note:

Montreal now has about the same PK ranking as the Devils.

WOW, when I read your post i was like: "There's No way that's possible!"

then I checked ESPN.com, and noticed that the Habs PK is only 0.2% behind the Devils. WE are now 15th in the league for the PK. Pretty ipressive comeback. Two weeks ago, our PK unit was ranked something like 23rd.

I just realized that if Pittsburgh gets 1 point or less tonight vs. Philly and we win our two remaining games, we win the goddamned Eastern Conference. Holy crap. And I'm going to the game on Saturday night.

GO FLYERS!

philadelphia_flyers_1996.gif

Just let the chips fall where they may. If Flyer's win, they pass Boston...I would rather play Boston. If Pens win...our chances of 1st in the East are less. Has anyone else noticed how aggressive Price is with players in front of his net? After the Chris Niel thing, he shoved some guy in the back of the head with his glove. The next whistle, I saw the ref talking to him. I wonder if he wasn't warning Price to ease up on the Billy Smith tactics...hehehe. Instead of slashing, he just pushes them outta the way.

Just let the chips fall where they may. If Flyer's win, they pass Boston...I would rather play Boston. If Pens win...our chances of 1st in the East are less. Has anyone else noticed how aggressive Price is with players in front of his net? After the Chris Niel thing, he shoved some guy in the back of the head with his glove. The next whistle, I saw the ref talking to him. I wonder if he wasn't warning Price to ease up on the Billy Smith tactics...hehehe. Instead of slashing, he just pushes them outta the way.

When you are 6'3" 230 lbs it is easy to do. No wonder Pierre Maguire loves him so much. That kid is a monster!

I just realized that if Pittsburgh gets 1 point or less tonight vs. Philly and we win our two remaining games, we win the goddamned Eastern Conference. Holy crap. And I'm going to the game on Saturday night.

GO FLYERS!

philadelphia_flyers_1996.gif

Maybe we might see each other at the game! :clap: