The Detroit Red Wings win the 2008 Stanley Cup

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sharks better win tonight and not leave it until the last minute to decide to play. :rolleyes:

I'm also curious to see if Brad Richards is going to falter in the hands of the Mighty Quacks.

Dallas was shaky down the stretch. I doubt Richards will make a difference.

That's why I said in the playoffs. That trade screwed whatever chemistry they had earlier on. ;)

Well, the Stars played a solid road game blanking the Quacks.... I bet the Quacks will have something to say in the next meeting but we shall see.

Sharks tie the series vs the Flames.

That's why I said in the playoffs. That trade screwed whatever chemistry they had earlier on. ;)

Well, the Stars played a solid road game blanking the Quacks.... I bet the Quacks will have something to say in the next meeting but we shall see.

Sharks tie the series vs the Flames.

Nabokov was absolutely ridiculous in game 2. Outshined Kipper... who made 40+ saves.

Nabokov was absolutely ridiculous in game 2. Outshined Kipper... who made 40+ saves.

Yep. I've seen a lot of these types of games but seeing as I have Nabokov in my pool, I'm quite happy. :D

If we look at just stats, Marty Turco has 4 shutouts in his last 8 playoff games. That's freaking sick too.

Yep. I've seen a lot of these types of games but seeing as I have Nabokov in my pool, I'm quite happy. :D

If we look at just stats, Marty Turco has 4 shutouts in his last 8 playoff games. That's freaking sick too.

He was playing in a super-defensive and mind-numbingly boring series against the offensively-ret@rded Vancouver Canucks.

Still good though.

Edited by les_glorieux

He was playing in a super-defensive and mind-numbingly boring series against the offensively-ret@rded Vancouver Canucks.

Still good though.

He still lost that series too! :lol:

Anyways. Round two of the Avs vs Wild. Hopefully Staz lights it up today. ^_^

I will be watching the Flyers/Caps from work tonight.

That's certainly going to be a good one for sure. Can't wait to see how Ovechkin handles the halloween pumpkin team.

You jinxed Ottawa!

But who cares - I say Alfredsson is back next game, and they turn this series around!.

Anyone else think the Lapointe high-sticking call was a bit iffy at best?

You jinxed Ottawa!

But who cares - I say Alfredsson is back next game, and they turn this series around!.

If you want to see a cheap playoff game go to SBP for game 3 they will pretty much be giving tickets away.

If you want to see a cheap playoff game go to SBP for game 3 they will pretty much be giving tickets away.

Haha, badoom tsh!

BTW, what's up with Avery's glamour shot for Yahoo Sports?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/2749

Are those ... glasses?

And a ... mohawk?

Wow the WSH/PHI and Pit/OTT games were amazing. The Capitals's entusiasm is contagious, you cant help but love this team. I'm definitively jumping on their bandwagon if the Habs gets eliminated before they do. Tough, I think they need to improve their defense if they want to have a legit chance to win the Cup.

Not at all , it was a 100% legit call. Plus, when you dont show up for half the game and allow 50+ shots on goal, you simply dont deserve to win.

###### YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A CLUTCH WAY TO COME BACK AND TIE THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never screamed so loud in my life.... :unsure:

:rolleyes:

I spoke too soon. That was way too darn quick.

Oh well........ :(

At least we're coming home with a win so that's huge nonetheless.

Edited by Captain_Stealth

Avs still have home ice.

But the Wild deserved to win that one.

Mikko was amazing.

In the end yea. They were going to win at least a game anyways and I have to hope that was the only one.

In the end yea. They were going to win at least a game anyways and I have to hope that was the only one.

If Foppa stays healthy they will be fine, but the emotional blow of losing him will hurt the team a lot.

If Foppa stays healthy they will be fine, but the emotional blow of losing him will hurt the team a lot.

For sure.

For now I just hope Jones is alright.

Anyways, lots of exciting hockey ahead of us.

You jinxed Ottawa!

Sens might of lost that game, but they come out with a little bit of wind on there backs. They came back 0-3 and lost on bounces not going there way. Plus they're going back to Ottawa, Sid the Choker sucks, it'll go back to the igloo 2-2.

Minnesota and New Jersey both got shafted by bad calls against them at the end of the third period. It didn't cost Minny, though.

The Philly-Washington game was really exciting, neither team has much defense to speak of. And both goalies can get rattled. Poor Thoresen, he might need to have his testicle removed from that shot, imagine the pain he was in... :o

I like the Capitals more than the Flyers, but what sucks is if they win and all the other series continue as they have started, we'll play the Rangers in the second round and the Pens will get the Caps.