The Detroit Red Wings win the 2008 Stanley Cup

I don't give a crap if they've already won a few or whatever, the last thing I need as an Avs fan is stupid Wings fans throwing another Cup win in my face. Especially one that included a sweep of the Avs.

The Wings have won 10 Cups in 82 seasons. 12% Cup per year ratio.

The Avs have won 2 Cups in 11 years. 18% Cup per year ratio.

*I probably made an error somewhere*

:lol:

In all seriousness, I know what you mean but still. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. I never thought I'd say this but go Pens and more especially Letang! Do it for Luc!

Let's go Red Wings! Let's go Zetterberg!

I don't think it's gonna work.

Crosby was being a punk at the end of the game so now I don't care if Detroit wins on Monday. This'll be the first year I ever lost my playoff pool with my dad though. He got dibs on Detroit and I was already behind so I was forced to take Pittsburgh. :(

I don't think it's gonna work.

Crosby was being a punk at the end of the game so now I don't care if Detroit wins on Monday. This'll be the first year I ever lost my playoff pool with my dad though. He got dibs on Detroit and I was already behind so I was forced to take Pittsburgh. :(

It's no big deal. You'll get back at him next year.

I was actually rooting for Detroit by saying that to be honest. I've always liked Zetterberg and wouldn't mind seeing him lift his very first cup(yes and hopefully his last...lol).

The faster the offseason arrives, the better. ^_^

You mean the faster the day we sign Brian Campbell/Wade Redden arrives, the better.

:D

Exactement. Also possible trades. ^_^

Exactement. Also possible trades. ^_^

Ah, yes. Thoughts of Jason Spezza dance in my head every now and then.

Like today....in the process of 5 seconds, I decided I would do a Wolski/Cumiskey/1st or 2nd round pick for Spezza. As an Avs/Sens fan, I like it on both ends. It keeps up that 1/2 punch at C after Sakic retires. Which won't be this season. *knock on wood*

Ah, yes. Thoughts of Jason Spezza dance in my head every now and then.

Like today....in the process of 5 seconds, I decided I would do a Wolski/Cumiskey/1st or 2nd round pick for Spezza. As an Avs/Sens fan, I like it on both ends. It keeps up that 1/2 punch at C after Sakic retires. Which won't be this season. *knock on wood*

I haven't followed the team enough so I still haven't gotten a good read on him. In fact he'sthe only player I'm not up to date on.... How does he project at the moment? Is the Liles comparison a big reach for him or?

The summer will be exciting.

Edited by Captain_Stealth

The Liles comparison is a fair assessment. I think his defensive game has a little more potential then Liles but he should end up being the same player. As AC has pointed out before, losing Corvo took away a reliable point man for the Sens PP and Cumiskey is just about ready to be a full-time NHLer. Wolski won't be as good as Spezza is now but should still be a top line guy and then the pick puts it over the top.

Apparently they're growing unhappy with Spezza in Ottawa, I think I've mentioned that before. He's more then welcome in Denver.

Nice work Detroit - now can we PLEASE have an end to this "European captains can't win Cups" and "teams with mostly European stars can't win Cups?"

Pretty please?

(And reflect that our Habs are similar in composition - a fast, puck-moving, Euro-heavy team - and rejoice).

The Liles comparison is a fair assessment. I think his defensive game has a little more potential then Liles but he should end up being the same player. As AC has pointed out before, losing Corvo took away a reliable point man for the Sens PP and Cumiskey is just about ready to be a full-time NHLer. Wolski won't be as good as Spezza is now but should still be a top line guy and then the pick puts it over the top.

Apparently they're growing unhappy with Spezza in Ottawa, I think I've mentioned that before. He's more then welcome in Denver.

I've always liked Spezzie. I have a thing for skilled two-way centers. I think it's clearly evident if you've seen who my centers are in HWL. :D

On Cumiskey, sounds good. I wasn't sure and thought he was becoming a bust because no one would ever talk about him...

Well he was injured for a lot of the season so thats probably why no one was talking about him. He started having groin issues in January and didn't play much after that. He probably would've played the entire season in Colorado though.

Well he was injured for a lot of the season so thats probably why no one was talking about him. He started having groin issues in January and didn't play much after that. He probably would've played the entire season in Colorado though.

Explains a lot. Then shouldn't he be ready for a top 6 role in the fall? ;)

Nice work Detroit - now can we PLEASE have an end to this "European captains can't win Cups" and "teams with mostly European stars can't win Cups?"

Pretty please?

(And reflect that our Habs are similar in composition - a fast, puck-moving, Euro-heavy team - and rejoice).

This was already done a couple of weeks ago when a team 100% made of Canadians choked against a team 100% made of those lazy, heartless Russians.

This was already done a couple of weeks ago when a team 100% made of Canadians choked against a team 100% made of those lazy, heartless Russians.

But the penalties BTH! The penalties!

I'm rooting for Detroit. Ever since Nicklas Lidström joined them back in the early 90's they have been my number two team. And guys like Zetterberg, Holmström, Franzén and the rest of the Swedish colony only gives me more reason to root for 'em.

What would make me the most happy if Lidström becomes the first ever European captain to hoist the Cup is that it would mean that Calle Johansson, former NHL defender and the commentator on Canal + (which broadcasts the games in Sweden) would finally have to stop saying that a European captain has never won the Cup. He's always like "Lidström won the Conn Smythe, yes, but he wasn't captain of the team". I'm so tired of that bullsh!t.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Yep, tonight should see fall of the last, desperate domino of chauvinistic Canadian nativism about hockey ("Euros can't lead/win Cups!!"). Guess what? Other cultures have "leaders" and character too. There's no magic ingredient in Canadian water that makes us inherently superior at playing in the NHL. Get over it.