The Detroit Red Wings win the 2008 Stanley Cup

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, if the Caps and Pens both win their series, assuming we wins ours, then they'd face each other next round. How awesome would Crosby/Malkin vs. Ovechkin be?

Player vs Player battles don't interest me. Team vs Team battles do.

I don't think Crosby/Malkin vs Ovechkin would be more interesting than Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia, Montreal, Ottawa or Boston.

The Capitals aren't that great a team to watch, and my dad loves to moan about how great Huet is so I'm waiting for his hot streak to end so I can tell him he isn't that great (which he isn't).

It's weird how the Canadians making the playoffs has changed my attitude. Last year I watched every single game possible, but this year I have trouble watching any of the other series.

You aren't the only one.

When your team is in the playoffs, you get so excited etc, you tend to put all your focus on just your team and try and settle non-hockey activities around watching the game. When your team isn't in, you'll just casually turn on and watch when you have the time and just enjoy the fact your watching hockey. This sounds like bunch of random crap but what I can tell, it's actually kind of true. This isn't the case for everyone of course as it depends on the person's schedule.

guys its called being fans of a team. I've been going out of my way to have time to watch Canadiens games but my schedule has too many conflicts, and I usually catch the third period or follow the game through some sort of media. Then read up and watch highlights afterwards. Wanted to buy this habs shirt but richard's #9 was only in a large.

Edited by Pierre the Great

I enjoyed watching the entire game. ^_^

GO DUCKS GO!

So typical that I got no studying done once again.........

guys its called being fans of a team. I've been going out of my way to have time to watch Canadiens games but my schedule has too many conflicts, and I usually catch the third period or follow the game through some sort of media. Then read up and watch highlights afterwards. Wanted to buy this habs shirt but richard's #9 was only in a large.

I think we know that. That's basically what I just said so thanks for re-stating the obvious.

Last season the Habs and Jackets(obviously) were out so Eric just watched for the fun of it. This year the Habs are in and he's watching a lot less.

For me, I'm going to be honest. I've cheered for the Avs and will continue to do so but they aren't the Nucks. Hence I'm just enjoying watching as much hockey as I can. IT'S PLAYOFF HOCKEY!!! Though the transiiton is already in the process should Aquillini continue his ######ed process of finding leadership. :rolleyes:

So thanks for stopping by. However, please add something to the argument that hasn't been said. It's like you quoted our posts but didn't even read them.

:lol:

Edited by Captain_Stealth

I think we know that. That's basically what I just said so thanks for re-stating the obvious.

Last season the Habs and Jackets(obviously) were out so Eric just watched for the fun of it. This year the Habs are in and he's watching a lot less.

For me, I'm going to be honest. I've cheered for the Avs and will continue to do so but they aren't the Nucks. Hence I'm just enjoying watching as much hockey as I can. IT'S PLAYOFF HOCKEY!!! Though the transiiton is already in the process should Aquillini continue his ######ed process of finding leadership. :rolleyes:

So thanks for stopping by. However, please add something to the argument that hasn't been said. It's like you quoted our posts but didn't even read them.

:lol:

hahaha

I've been watching a lot of games. Only series that doesn't really interest me are the ducks and stars. Only interested in Canadian teams plus eastern conference teams.

If you were Gary Bettman who would you rather see do well nyr or the pens? PTI was talking about this and its interesting to think about. Best years tv and exposure wise was when Messier won the cup for the Rangers. NHL needs an orginal 6 Stanley Cup not these stupid cities like anaheim or san jose etc.

The league also needs to promote stars like Oh the chicken and Crosby and Price. So what's better for the NHL that orginal 6 teams are in the finals or the stars teams are in the finals?

hahaha

I've been watching a lot of games. Only series that doesn't really interest me are the ducks and stars. Only interested in Canadian teams plus eastern conference teams.

If you were Gary Bettman who would you rather see do well nyr or the pens? PTI was talking about this and its interesting to think about. Best years tv and exposure wise was when Messier won the cup for the Rangers. NHL needs an orginal 6 Stanley Cup not these stupid cities like anaheim or san jose etc.

The league also needs to promote stars like Oh the chicken and Crosby and Price. So what's better for the NHL that orginal 6 teams are in the finals or the stars teams are in the finals?

You keep blabbering on what's best for the game... Who cares.

It's all about hockey and the quality of which it's played. I don't care if you're a Canadian team or American; Original six or a recent expansion team; exciting hockey is what matters. Anaheim and San Jose boast a lot of talented players and that can be attributed by the solid work done by the management of those respective teams. Nothing should be attributed to teams with huge followings and such. Otherwise what would be the fun if the NHL kept having the Kings vs Rangers every year? The stars will be real stars if they can actually take their teams to the finals. That's up to them and their respective teams. Not to mention the games stars already get a lot of attention. The upsets, everything, is what makes hockey so awesome. The more teams that are competitive, the greater the interest will be league wide and that's the most important thing for the overall success of the NHL.

I don't care what Bettman wants. It's up to the teams that make it to the finals and the quality in which it's played. If a Chicago/Detroit/Montreal makes the finals, hey, that's great. I'm just happy to be able to watch hockey and enjoy it.

If I had my choice tonight it would be Philly and the Flames.

Tonight could be a great night for hockey.

Hasbsolutely !! anything to avoid playing the rangers right away !!

3 series going up to the 7th game ?!! Man these playoffs are Awesome ! :clap: :clap: :clap: