Development Camp Thread...

puck7x

Awesome work puck, it must be awesome being able to go watch these kids, even if they are just practicing. I've been to a few Blue Jackets practices and those are always fun. I'm sure they will scrimmage some at the end of the camp.

BTW, is it Kastitsyn or Kostitsyn? In recent articles it's been spelled with an "o" while earlier articles and the back of his jersey use "a"

[Edited on 7-12-04 by Fanpuck33]

Its an "o" :D. Ya i wish i could get over to see the practices for myself... but these articles are truly great, I luv to know how the future looks.

Thanks puck for all the reports you wrote this week. It was a real pleasure to read them all. I'm now more than hungry to see those guys in a Habs uniform! Kostsitsyn, Chipchura, Locke and co... looks like a really good bunch of talented players!! And those are only the youngest of our prospects! We still have other great ones before them.. Perezhogin, Plekanec, Hossa, Hainsey... woo

:clap::ghg:

Thanks for the kind words guys...

The camp was fun, it did get repetitive at times, and I would of liked to see scrimmages, but it was still fun. This camp was a great bonding experience for the players, the organization is trying hard to make these players feel like they are apart of a "family" , a family that would do anything for any one of its members.

Nice to see 4 solid A's on defence, and they all have decent size.

Similar story in goal, with not only Danis but Heino-Lindberg both being pretty impressive. Halak is no slouch and apparently even Lacasse was showing signs of improvement as the camp wore on.

On offense, besides Kostitsyn/Chipchura... I don't see any sure-bet NHLers in this bunch.

I do like Ferland though.

Then you have Lapierre who could turn out to be good 3rd liner, and Urquhart/Lambert who could go either way from here... not to mention the eternal darkhorse Locke.

But with Hossa, Higgins, Perezhogin, Plekanec who will graduate before this group gets there... we're in good shape.

• 3 weeks later...

Even if we only get Danis, Kostitsyn and Chipcura from this lot, it will be worth it. Throw in Hossa, Higgins, Plekanec, Ryder, Ribeiro, Bonk, etc... and we're set for years up front. a little weak on D after Komi, but probably we'll trade one of the forwards to improve there. All in all looking good for the next dynasty...