Fight Song for the Habs!

MK_19

:puke:

That's something you'd hear in an American rink. How about something instead that WOULDN'T make Rocket Richard and other departed Habs greats roll over in their graves?

vertigo isn't much better

I have this fantasy that they go back to the old goal song for the playoffs... I must be nuts too.

i wish. I can't stand the U2 things. Personally, I think they should get rid of one of the luxury boxes and put in a giant organ.

i wish. I can't stand the U2 things. Personally, I think they should get rid of one of the luxury boxes and put in a giant organ.

I am used to Vertigo. When I hear it I associate it with the Habs scoring, so it always puts a smile on my face.

I too prefer the organ. Must be my memories from the early 80s when that was all you heard in the background.

I like rap + I like Habs = I tend to love the song...

I also get used to Vertigo when it plays at the game because of the scoring thing, but it sucks in other situations. I much prefer the last song they had "Who oh oh oh oh" ! that really pumped the crowd.

I like Vertigo now, but it's so damn loud when you're at the game. I feel that going back to the old song would be bad karma though. We sucked during those years. They should find another better song with no lyrics.

Still though, playing The Streets Have No Name followed by Fix You before the game is amazing. Also playing For Whom the Bell Tolls before the 2nd and 3rd is great too. And I can't wait to see what graphics they put on the ice for the playoffs! Remember 04?

bell_centre.jpg

Edited by les_glorieux

To be honest I think Vertigo is an ideal goal scoring song....I think it should stay

I think ready steady go has to go pre-game...and they should play a vintage House tune (Fatboy Slim-Right Here, Right Now)

And anybody who doesnt think hockey and rap dont go together...Have not seen this video!

Now this video pumps me up!

Hell's Bell's For Intro PLEASE!

Or, Pump It (Edmonton used that on their stanley Cup Run). It gave me goosebumps everytime :)

As for Goal Scoring, we gotta stick to Vertigo.

I've heard worse rap about hockey, and more melodious songs about worse topics.

All in all, sampling Journey, and being somewhat decent at busting rhymes, makes this listenable.

And if the Habs go to the finals, I'm sure it'll get airtime.

I like rap + I like Habs = I tend to love the song...

That's funny, those are the two reasons I think this songs sucks.

All in all, sampling Journey, and being somewhat decent at busting rhymes, makes this listenable.

This endeavour was likely doomed to be cringe-worthy, but sampling Journey only made that apparent from the very first second.

So yeah, I found this to be laughably lame. But hey, he probably enjoyed making it, and other people like it. It's just not my thing. Hopefully if the Habs make a deep run some one will pump out a better rap/tune that will get airplay, to save us the embarrassment of being associated with this.