Will Flyers buyout LeClair?

ch_nl

Just heard a rumour saying that the Flyers are going to buyout John LeClair and Tony Amonte.

If they are, why not end the circle and let LeClair end his career where it once started?

He really is what we need. Big and strong. And if he could re-found his scoring ability then we can start to dream about a new cup. And money shouldn't be an issue.

The money we have since lost Juneau, Dackell and Sunny should do fine.

Sorry, but acquiring(re-acquring) a player to rectify a past mistake is not what we need. Le Clair is almost done and we don't need him. Young, cheap and hungry is how we need our players. JL was a great power forward, but his best years are past.

PMAC, a lot of player are available even when they are way past their prime.

Mike Keane always found a team that wanted him.

Players like Linden and Nieuwendyk were past their prime but still valuable. Muller was an example as well, playing past his prime on the "old grumpy guy line" next to Keane with Dallas.

LeClair coming back would be great. I really doubt Julien would do that though.

Valuable, perhaps, but not to the Habs.

All of those players you mentioned were added by serious Stanley Cup contenders who felt they needed a veteran character player or two for a run at the Cup. Unfortunately, the Habs are not there yet.

IMHO, we need to continue the youth movement and supplement the yongsters with a veteran free agent (or 2) who is still young... not an expensive, injury-prone player on the down-hill side like Leclair.

LeClair is a "was"?!

He may not be worth 9 million but I could see us offer him about 4.

His injury history could actually fit us well. That would give us the time to try farmers.

Well, the way I see it, is if he doesn't sign with the Habs, I hope he goes somewhere out west where he can't hurt us. I believe the stat is sumwhere around 32 goals against the habs in only 30 sumtin odd games... since we traded him. He is a true habs killer :wall:, so either bring him realllly close, or have him go reallllly far away.... :eyes:

Originally posted by Macaskill

Well, the way I see it, is if he doesn't sign with the Habs, I hope he goes somewhere out west where he can't hurt us. I believe the stat is sumwhere around 32 goals against the habs in only 30 sumtin odd games... since we traded him. He is a true habs killer :wall:, so either bring him realllly close, or have him go reallllly far away.... :eyes:

Yeah, he is a real pain in the ass to play against, he could be having his worst season ever, be in a 20 game goalless drought, but if he plays the habs he'll score 4 goals on us no problem. argh!

He is D-O-N-E... never ever do I want to see him back in a Habs jersey.

I read somewhere that the Pens were hoping rew acquisition Mark Recchi might help convince either LeClair or Amonte to sign with PIT.

I hope they sign both, which would mean no Kovy... Kovy for 2 years at 4.25 per is perfect for now.

I would much rather have Amonte than LeClair. LeClair is done, he has no more bite or fire...he used to play with a little grit, but now he can't even get near the net because of a fear of getting thrown on his arse.

Originally posted by ricucity

I would much rather have Amonte than LeClair. LeClair is done, he has no more bite or fire...he used to play with a little grit, but now he can't even get near the net because of a fear of getting thrown on his arse.

I would also take Amonte over LeClair if I had to choose, but I want neither of the 2. They are both past their primes, no thanks!

I can't believe it. LeClair are done?! He has a few bad years and everybody are talking about him like his days are out...

Nah, I think LeClair is a great player, not worth the money Philly are paying him but I would still love him with the Habs. We need size and Johnnys got it.