Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/10/08

Spider-Man NL

Didn't see the whole game, but saw a good chunk - enough to know that it was mostly a laughter. However, I AM a little worried about the PP. Another game our two like that and it becomes an 'issue.' :rolleyes:

Price is bizarre - in his postgame interviews he seemed almost comatose. :lol: Komisarek is studying meditation but Price is already an eerily calm Zen Master.

Bruins will be desperate next game, but you really have to wonder if they're not beaten before they begin.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One step at a time mahn. One step at a time. Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. ;)

Congratz to the Habs for winning game 1. :clap:

Agreed. I'm sure we'll see a better Boston team on Saturday. I'm alittle blown away how shit they played tonight. Chara is playing hurt, same with Savard, they need help. I'm sure Bergeron will be around on Sat......I don't mind but I was hoping for a little more intensity.

Wasn't that what I was saying? :P I wasn't jumping to the cup right away, I made sure to mention we need 3 more wins against the bruins, hehehe :D

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeee.

:B)

Didn't see the whole game, but saw a good chunk - enough to know that it was mostly a laughter. However, I AM a little worried about the PP. Another game our two like that and it becomes an 'issue.' :rolleyes:

Price is bizarre - in his postgame interviews he seemed almost comatose. :lol: Komisarek is studying meditation but Price is already an eerily calm Zen Master.

Bruins will be desperate next game, but you really have to wonder if they're not beaten before they begin.

I think you mean laugher. And it wasn't.

Here's a statistic for you: including tonight, we haven't scored in 3 straight games on the PP against the Bruins.

Edited by les_glorieux

Good enough. Our rip-roaring start turned out to be ample offense to beat the Bruins. I was cackling with glee after those Kostitsyn goals, it was awesome. What a way to begin the playoffs at home.

Good thing Smolinski scored, besides that and his faceoffs he was our worst player on the ice. Does anyone have any idea why Markov was the first star? I didn't see anything remarkable from him. Kosto and Hamrlik deserved it though. Komi was a little shaky on his first game back, but I think he'll get back in the groove. Kovalev wasn't very good either, but Plex was doing a lot of things right out there. He's one of the smartest players on the team. And like Y & P mentioned, the Higgins line was effective.

And everyone's best friend Mr. Price got the job done.

On to game two! I hope we have a better all around game, and put the pressure on them for real.

Agreed. I'm sure we'll see a better Boston team on Saturday. I'm alittle blown away how shit they played tonight. Chara is playing hurt, same with Savard, they need help. I'm sure Bergeron will be around on Sat......I don't mind but I was hoping for a little more intensity.

Oh for sure. I think the Bruins are going to put up a great fight and give a scare to be honest. I'm not saying that this will go to 7(maybe not even 6, but we'll see) games though. Just make things a LOT closer than what we saw tonight. However, if the Habs can keep their intensity for the most part and play their game, I think they'll be fine.

Good Evening Boys. What a great time to be a Habs Fan!!

I thikn the boys played as to a perfect game as they could. They held the pooh-Bears to less than 20 shots and most of them were from impossible angles!

I don't think one single player on the Habs had a bad game tonight. All 4 lines had a goal and contributed to the win. A real team victory.

It was beautiful to watch. Soo much nervousness haas been released it feels good.

I'm really starting to like Higgins at the Centre position. Chris played a HUGE game (even though he didn't score).

Keep up the good work, forecheck and skate, and we should make it through this series!

Oh yeah, it was really nice to see Kostopoulos score a goal...that guy deserves some recognition!

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Habsfan

was that dude before the break JMMR?

I think it was!!!

Great game...the guys did everything they were supposed to do, aside from scoring on the powerplay. They skated rings around the Bruins, frustrated them at every turn, and kicked their tails YET AGAIN in a game that wasn't even close. Nicely done, boys....nicely done.

THAT WAS SICK !!!

Just came back from the Bell centre, i can now die happy.

DUDES !!! The crowd was screaming Go Habs Go at the end of the........ WARM UP !!!!!!

La Ville est Hockey !

COMPLETE dominance for 60 minutes.

32-18 shot advantage.

Bruins had to win Game 1.

Impressive win by the good guys. I love how fast the guys are, Zedno looked slow for the B's.....

absolutely fantastic. I dont remember us ever dominating so much at the start of a playoff series.

well, in 92 vs. Harford...but look how that ended :lol: (but that was a good team and MTL wasnt that strong at the time <being swept vs. Boston next series).

But we skated rings around them. My goodness. :hockey:

Went to campus today and saw TONS of Habs shirts.

I went to work and suddenly out of a school building , I see a HUGE habs flag hanging from the 3rd floor :D . There was a girl screaming "go habs go" to people walking by ^_^

great win :clap:

YEAH IT WASSSSSSSSSSSS

LET IT RAINNNNNNNNN

Was it really? It was quick but you let out a whoo!!! and then the camera went to commercial. So funny I have no idea who you are but I recognized you anyway from pics you've showed online. That's kind of scary......

Nice one. JMMR makes it on CBC!!!!!

man the number of fans with a Habs jersey was AMAZING i'd say close to 40-45% seriously at least 10,000 fans... 10 out of 12 in my gf and I' row...

THAT WAS SICK !!!

Just came back from the Bell centre, i can now die happy.

DUDES !!! The crowd was screaming Go Habs Go at the end of the........ WARM UP !!!!!!

La Ville est Hockey !

We're you one of the many booing Chara :lol:

I wish I was there, I might buy tickets to a round two game (considering we are there)

Was it really? It was quick but you let out a whoo!!! and then the camera went to commercial. So funny I have no idea who you are but I recognized you anyway from pics you've showed online. That's kind of scary......

Nice one. JMMR makes it on CBC!!!!!

story of the day...

I arrive home from my exam......

My buddy from upstairs got his 52 inch Samsung HDTV all set up with ExpressVu HD, calls me up says hes got the Habs game on CBC

I start talking to him about HabsWorld and how I met JMMR before some games while the games on, then not even 3 minutes later I see this guy with glasses on, a Markov jersey, and the Toque that he always wears...and I go holy sh*t speaking of JMMR...thats him right there! lol

Why did you guys watch it on CBC? Would you take senile Bob Cole over our beloved Pierre and Yvon? If it was Jim Hughson it would be a different story.

Let's see here, maybe because not everyone understands French and finds it more enjoyable to know what the announcers are saying?

The quick start allowed us to play every player at least 10 minutes, I think... and allowed komisarek to only need to play 15 minutes instead of about 25. It gives koivu another game of rest as well. It's nice when our C level players get the more regular shifts and the team pulls away in the end.

Let's see here, maybe because not everyone understands French and finds it more enjoyable to know what the announcers are saying?

OK, I understand why snooty monolinguals watched it, but what about the rest?

Boston had some strong moments in the game so lets not get too cocky.

I agree with this. From reading this thread, everyone seems ready to mail in the series. This was not a great game from our boys, it was good enough and we were the better team, but there's ample room for improvement.

Bob Cole, it is time to retire. God love him but he is loosing it. Andre Kostopolous over and over again (it was Kostitsyn with the puck). Atleast he got half of his name right.

Yeah, what he says often has little bearing on what's actually going on.

Not like he cares about the Canadiens players' names anyways.