• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Habslogo.gif VS. 1charmin-bear-717426.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

Glad to know that they'll only be wiping our asses instead of kicking them. :D

:hlogo:

Edited by The-Habby2919

This is a strange feeling having home ice advantage.

I think the Habs have started every series on the road since the 1993 Cup run.

Usually there is zero pressure in game one, but I am struggling to get in the right

frame of mind.

Sad isn't it

Bring out the lucky charms boys. These games count.

So let's have a Saku beer while setting our lucky avatars, finding our troll dolls, wearing a lucky shirt and sitting in our lucky seat

with the pot on top of the TV while rocking our playoff beards, and kissing our Ken Dryden bobbleheads.

Im going to colour my hair (white and spray paint "Habs" on the back of it), instead of growing a beard (after the 2006 debacle vs. CArolina, Im not trying that for a LONG time)

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

SO PUMPED FOR GAME 1!!!

It is a reference to about 7-8 posters superstitions

Come on. And some people wonder why he stopped posting Game Threads?

He is not representing the stats as his own anymore than he is representing that he took the pictures himself.

Why split hairs when somebody goes out of their way to accrue all the information for us?

Thanks and zero criticism should go out to Cataclaw, Macaskill or Spidey for the effort they put in.

Great job all season guys. I certainly appreciated it

welcome back spidey and i agree with walmsley 110% spidey and the guys do a great job.

This is a strange feeling having home ice advantage.

I think the Habs have started every series on the road since the 1993 Cup run.

Usually there is zero pressure in game one, but I am struggling to get in the right

frame of mind.

Sad isn't it

I'm just a tad concerned. The first two in Montreal will be hard. I could see Boston taking one or even both of them in real close games possibly overtime wins.

First two games the B's will stay out of the box and contain our speed with big hits. Julien is a good coach and Boston has a good team no doubt, but they won't be able to sustain they're focus through seven games. We will go into destroy mode 2nd period Game three, and we won't look back.

I'm just a tad concerned. The first two in Montreal will be hard. I could see Boston taking one or even both of them in real close games possibly overtime wins.

First two games the B's will stay out of the box and contain our speed with big hits. Julien is a good coach and Boston has a good team no doubt, but they won't be able to sustain they're focus through seven games. We will go into destroy mode 2nd period Game three, and we won't look back.

Personally I think we are going to find out if this is going to be a long series or not in the first period or two.

If the Habs come out and dominate with speed and Price continues his outstanding play it will probably be a quick series.

If the Bruins with 4 days to prepare, 11 straight losses staring them in the face still can't present any counter attack

the they are in big trouble.

But if the Bs come out and Thomas is strong and they remain disciplined in their system and reign in dumb penalties we

might be looking at a 6-7 game grind.

I don't think this is going to be as easy as the media seems to think. I hope the Habs prove me wrong.

I'm calling Habs in 6.

Well the Habs also need to stay out of the box, the annoying hooking and holding has been creeping back lately. It needs to stop, a PP or Pk hot in the playoffs can win or lose you a series.

The Habs just need to continue what they have been doing, working hard all game, checking well and finishing opportunities.

Only being cocky, reading the press about how great they are and taking Boston lightly will prevent a first round win.

Kovalev needs to be Koalev of this year.

Playing well without Koivu has been a great bonus, i hope it continues.

Well the Habs also need to stay out of the box, the annoying hooking and holding has been creeping back lately. It needs to stop, a PP or Pk hot in the playoffs can win or lose you a series.

The Habs just need to continue what they have been doing, working hard all game, checking well and finishing opportunities.

Only being cocky, reading the press about how great they are and taking Boston lightly will prevent a first round win.

I agree. We havent had such a mismatch in years. Think about it, even Quebec in 93 was a tough draw (they finished even ahead of us that season).

Harford the season before even gave us lots of problems.

Having us go 8-0, 1st seed vs. 8th......seems like a big disadvantage in that there is enormous pressure on the boys to not only win but clean up the Bruins in 4. I hope they can ignore the Media. Guy is experienced in this , so here's hoping for the best.

This will not be an easy series, Bruins will go all out. (and you know the media in the states will just eat up the Bruin;s "underdog" status.

I agree. If they do what got them to the dance they will win the series.

I don't think Tim Thomas is good enough to steal a series like Theo did in 2002.

Totally off topic, but I have to ask who is that girl in your avatar, and what is she doing in that clip??

Yeah I had wondered that too except I know that its from an NBCHD show. It appears as though shes putting a certain article of clothing back on. ;)

So, it begins........

With the Bruins :clap:

Seems like destiny to me :hlogo:

I'm not worried about the Bruins. It might take us 6 games but

they won't be able to contain our speed and offence.

And our depth is second to none. Trade Huet, no problem.

Lose Koivu to injury, no problem. Lose Komisarek to injury,

no problem.

Bruins, no problem :hlogo:

Yeah I had wondered that too except I know that its from an NBCHD show. It appears as though shes putting a certain article of clothing back on. ;)

It's from the show Chuck, and get your mind out of the gutter. She was simply standing up after pretending that she was fooling around with Chuck in the storage room. :lol:

It's from the show Chuck, and get your mind out of the gutter. She was simply standing up after pretending that she was fooling around with Chuck in the storage room. :lol:

What can I say, Im a baaad wittle boy ^_^

• Saku Koivu met with doctors yesterday and today, but still has not skated so he's highly unlikely to be in the lineup tomorrow for Game 1

• Michael Ryder will play

• Mike Komisarek and Francis Bouillon are skating this afternoon. Komisarek is expected to be a game-day decision, though Bouillon looks less likely.

Here is the audio of head coach Guy Carbonneau's final pre-series, full-length media conference, just concluded at the Bell Centre. The team is to hold its final practice at 4 p.m., then have a team dinner and adjourn to a hotel where they'll spend their final night before the series gets underway.

If the habs play decent hockey, and they give a solid effort, i just don'T see how the Bruins could win this series.

Now, if the habs play like pussies and don't put any effort into their games, then i wouldn't be surprised to see the bruins win this series.

But with Carbo, Muller and Jarvis behind the bench(and Bob watching from up above), i don't think "effort" is gonna be a problem!

Edited by Habsfan

Nice to see you back Spidey. My only question is what ever happened to Cataclaw. Well still nice to have you back and i have always loved your game threads.

Now game talk. Lets Go Habs. this is a tougher series than most people ae thinking. The Habs need to continue to play fast against this Boston team.

:lol: Good stuff!!!!

Looks like we will be getting a more focused Higgins for the play-offs. Hopefully his choice to go easy on grandpas cough medicine will rub off on our newfie as well.

"You realize you have to get your rest and eat correctly. I don't think many guys will be hitting McDonald's any time soon. You become more aware of those little decisions away from the rink."

They can include something as simple as not having a beer (or two, or three, or twelve) with dinner, which Higgins enjoys. Or turning off the TV and getting to bed an hour earlier.

Nice to see you back Spidey. My only question is what ever happened to Cataclaw. Well still nice to have you back and i have always loved your game threads.

Now game talk. Lets Go Habs. this is a tougher series than most people ae thinking. The Habs need to continue to play fast against this Boston team.

His dog ate his firewire.........

Welcome back Spiderman!

:clap: :hlogo:

welcome back spidey and i agree with walmsley 110% spidey and the guys do a great job.

thanks guys.