The Stephen Harper Appreciation Thread

zumpano21

Just putting two hands together for our PM and his accomplishments ( to name a few ):

- kicking "Canada's natural governing" party out of office

- providing Canadians with one of the hottest economies around the world

- reducing the GST

- maintaining a budget surplus

- respecting our committment to Afghanistan

Way to go Stephen!

STEPHEN%20HARPER.jpg

EXCUSE ME WHILE I PUKE! :puke: :puke:

Conservatives accused of rigging fund in favour of friendlies

LINK

If you think this criminal is a hero then you should really look elswhere. Appointing a Senator when he took power (LIES) when he said this would not be done. Taking back the tax cut the Liberals gave us working stiffs and applied it to Business credits. Sneaking things in to the budget to give a cabinet member ultimate power.

Please oh please do not worship a useless politician. Appreciate your family and friends, that is worth more.

And keep in mind, Harpers party(Well some parts of his party) were the ones to give us the GST. So this 2 cent reduction makes up for the thousands of dollars I lost over the years? Plus one quarter in 2007 we were in deficit because of his spending sprees.

I am not taking shots at you, just at Happy Harper and his band of Criminals.

I Believe in Harvey dent!

banner4.png

http://www.ibelieveinharveydent.com/

Dent for Prime Minister!

Or better yet, how about Australia and Canada finally become republics? I mean, c'mon! It's been 200+ years, we don't owe them anything else!

Just putting two hands together for our PM and his accomplishments ( to name a few ):

- kicking "Canada's natural governing" party out of office

- providing Canadians with one of the hottest economies around the world

- reducing the GST

- maintaining a budget surplus

- respecting our committment to Afghanistan

Way to go Stephen!

He's done reasonably well. Or at least not poorly enough that the Liberals think they can win. As for the accomplishments you've listed:

- I think the voters did that

- inherited

- income tax cuts are more economically defensible

- inherited (a lot easier to maintain than to get it there in the first place)

- agreed

*yawn* what's this? oh...

- bill C-10

- immigration bill

- cutting women's funding

- cutting environmental laws, killing ottawa's mass transit plan, then all of a sudden going green by taking the Liberals plans and saying they're your own ideas

- control freak

- bully in the house of commons

- brought polarization to canada

- liar

- emerson

- Fortier

- corrupt

- bush's lap dog in global conferences which begs the question what is Harper going to do now when Bush is gone? He will isolate Canada

- Only cares about getting a majority

- wants to bring back the Mulroney coalition which will fail, blow up the party and the conservatives will be an after thought again

- is starting to creep in old reform social conservatism ideas

- is a divider

- over spends like typical conservatives on pet projects.

- doesn't have a clear plan for Afghanistan other then the status quo

- even with the liberals in chaos he can't pull ahead of the Liberals or in some polls, poll higher.

Edited by Pierre the Great

I don't mind a conservative leader, provided he's minority with a heavy Liberal and NDP conscience. Stephen's political savvy is usually a-ok, provided he's reminded on occasion that his decisions actually affect people.

Now getting those 3 parties to work together, that's the problem.

conservatives generally ran out of ideas 18 years ago. their 'new right' movement failed, yet they haven't gotten the memo to change to what the people want.

stephen harper needs serious career advice he needs to stop talking to mulroney and start talking to Anders Rasmussen and Fredrik Reinfeldt about how to be a conservative party in the 21st century.

only conservative i like in Canada right now is Danny Williams

The next conservative or conservative party i like isn't in north america.

And Danny isn't a huge fan of Steve either, which is telling. He is one of the few and first provincial leader to call Harper on his unkept campaign promises, and he's not backing down to him either. If the federal Liberal party can't do him any harm, no matter who the leader is, it might take the provinces to help defeat him at that level.

And Danny isn't a huge fan of Steve either, which is telling. He is one of the few and first provincial leader to call Harper on his unkept campaign promises, and he's not backing down to him either. If the federal Liberal party can't do him any harm, no matter who the leader is, it might take the provinces to help defeat him at that level.

You're already seeing that with McGuinty. Charest is still Harper's only true ally. If Charest goes then you've got Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario against the Harper Regime. Harper was able to get rid of opposition voices in Saskatchewan, Alberta doesn't care that much other then if it has to do with oil and not being seen as 'quebec friendly' (historically). It wouldn't take much to piss of Campbell although he's the double agent really in the whole con-lib fight. BC Liberals don't fit in either party category, for that matter neither does the BC NDP.

So right now you've got

Against

Newfoundland

New Brunswick

PEI

and Nova is about to go NDP, so you can add Nova

Ontario

Manitoba

Fence

BC

Quebec

for

Saskatchewan

Alberta

Harper's trying to create a right coalition like Mulroney did. That coalition gave us the Reform Party and the Bloc, so it was highly successful of course.. lol

Which is why party officials of the conservative party are lost. They fail to understand the Canadian electorate and they wonder why they can only get elected every 20 to 30 years in Canada.

I mean look

Harper '06-

Mulroney '84-'93 blew the right up

Clark '80 - doesn't really count

Diefenbaker '57-'63 a freaking hot head who had the biggest majority ever seen at that point and just completely lost it.

Bennett '30-'35 inept

this isn't the states right wingers, you have to be forward thinking in order to get elected and stay elected in Canada.

Mr. Harper has done a brilliant job. Canada will be reaping the benefits for the next few years because of the decisions that have been made since he has been Prime Minister. If Canada re-elects him, but to a majority government, Canada will reap the benefits for the next decade.

:clap:

Mr. Harper has done a brilliant job. Canada will be reaping the benefits for the next few years because of the decisions that have been made since he has been Prime Minister. If Canada re-elects him, but to a majority government, Canada will reap the benefits for the next decade.

:clap:

please.

If you want the right in Canada to stay together and not see a repeat of '93 and have massive conservative backlash, you don't want to see Harper having a majority.

He'll re-open the constitution, it will be a disaster, pro quebec soverignty will go on the rise again if his senate ideas pass or it just gets abolished. Then with Quebec as a 'distinct society' there's no way getting around this one. Unless you make the first line in the constitution "Canada is made up of many distinct societies that form into one cohesive country of equals" (10 bucks thier sentence will not be as good as that one nor will it include everyone thereby playing to the Trudeau view of Canada everyone is distinct and Quebec as being distinct). BC, Manitoba and Newfoundland will all veto it. Chaos will happen again, we'll see another referendum by 2025.

That's just on constitutional stuff. Harper will have to listen to his social conservative Reformers eventually, if he doesn't the coalition will explode, the west will feel betrayed, Conservative party finished. With both the right and left fractured, coalition governments will be the norm.

Only way Harper saves the Conservatives, adopts a northern european or German right of centre view, thereby betraying the goofballs in Alberta, they can leave, but at the same time establishing themselves as a third way party and the Liberals will be running into the bush scared like idiots because that's their voter base. Basically what I'm saying the Conservative Party needs to do is to go back to what the Ontario Progressive Conservative Party was for 50 years ruling Ontario. Stop this new right nonsense, kick the fascist tendency folks out and become normal.

will what I'm telling the Conservatives to do happen? no. the coalition of the conservatives between the fundies (alberta) and the normals (i.e. quebec) will show its ugly head again and this party without any real future after Harper, blows up.