Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Boston Bruins | 04/13/08

KoZed

Despite the loss, I think this is a HUGE lesson for the Habs' young kids. This was real, tight, no-mistake playoff hockey. The youngsters NEED to be in these kind of pressure situations as much as possible.

Now the Habs got that inevitable loss out of their system and the winning streak is over. The players will realize that Boston can and will beat them if they don't play hard for 60 mins.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Streit is starting to struggle at D, so change him with Obyrne and put Streit in Dandy's place (shake it up a bit)

see my comment above... I think this would be the ideal change, but I feel like Carbo may want to keep the veteran Dandenault in the lineup over a rookie.

Extra attacker. You can't anticipate that guy coming off the bench being totally open

No, I meant Price's reaction time after the pass was made was off. He was screened. Had he saw the puck I think he'd have stop that.

see my comment above... I think this would be the ideal change, but I feel like Carbo may want to keep the veteran Dandenault in the lineup over a rookie.

Yes but Dandy has really done nothing, and you still need Streit for the PP.

No, I meant Price's reaction time after the pass was made was off. He was screened. Had he saw the puck I think he'd have stop that.

He got a piece I think. But it was a weak OT call that allowed the extra attacker. No surprise after last game.

But the Habs need to get better at faceoffs, and play desperate hockey.

Yes but Dandy has really done nothing, and you still need Streit for the PP.

Do you need Streit for a PP that has gone 1 for 18?

No one knows what the delayed penalty was going to be for?

Without it they don't get Savard on the ice in behind everyone...

If it's not a legit call then hopefully the it wakes up the awful officiating we've seen...I gotta believe the refs don't actually want to be the ones deciding games...but if this was a phantom delayed penalty call then it's the cause of this final.

Nice game by the Bruins. Time to rebound in Game 4 and win Game 5 at home!

Yeah i guess that is a plus, another home game :clap:

Slashing on Smokes.

But yes, the officiating has been absoluty frustrating and plain bullshit :angry:

Now the Habs got that inevitable loss out of their system and the winning streak is over. The players will realize that Boston can and will beat them if they don't play hard for 60 mins.

Yeah, it's better to lose a game or two than get the sweep. I think we'll come back with a bigger effort next game, and hopefully we'll see O'Byrne back in the lineup.

We deserved this game more than the last one, but Thomas made some huge saves. The final penalty call was weak, but there were questionable calls all game going both ways, especially against Boston. Our top line has been bad this series, and Streit had another terrible game. Put him back at forward. Markov was weak again as well.

Do we, really? Because the PP hasn't exactly been hot lately.

Do we rush Saku at this point? I'd say let's wait to see how Habs react on Game 4.

Komisarek and Streit are not playing like they should. But on the other hand Brisebois and Hammer are pretty good

Yah Im thinking that one of Streit or Gorges will sit next game and hopefully they can bring in O'Byrne or Bouillon if he's healthy.

Ah, no. You sit freakin Brisebois and keep those guys in plus O'byrne.

Without it they don't get Savard on the ice in behind everyone...

If it's not a legit call then hopefully the it wakes up the awful officiating we've seen...I gotta believe the refs don't actually want to be the ones deciding games...but if this was a phantom delayed penalty call then it's the cause of this final.

My guess is a slash, cause Smoke gave him a hack. But he should have just let him shoot.

It would have been an easy save from that angle.

Not an OT penalty considering what they were letting go in the OT. The Habs had their chances and did not bury them.

We will see if they come out better prepared and willing to pay the price next game.

No way Thomas plays well for the rest of the series. The PP will get on track. If it does not, then Julien has outcoached

the Habs special teams. There is no excuse for the 28th ranked PP dominating the 1st ranked PP.

Godd that was tough. Montreal didn't deserve it, and only decided to play in overtime.

I'd like to see Stewart and O'byrne get to play next game, I know they dont have the experience but i guarantee they will boost our lineup

If i were Carbo, here are the adjustments to be made for next game

1) the shot from Streit on the PP NEVER works....i think it's time for him to try a Slap-pass to somebody and hope for a one timer

2) Keep the PP more basic since it hasn't been working lately (less passing more shooting)

3) Tell Latendresse to put his big body in front of Thomas

4) Boston has gotten way too many breakaways in this series.....maybe catch them off guard and play a 2-1-2 system, and have some cherry-pickers early in game 4

Yeah, it's better to lose a game or two than get the sweep. I think we'll come back with a bigger effort next game, and hopefully we'll see O'Byrne back in the lineup.

We deserved this game more than the last one, but Thomas made some huge saves. The final penalty call was weak, but there were questionable calls all game going both ways, especially against Boston. Our top line has been bad this series, and Streit had another terrible game. Put him back at forward. Markov was weak again as well.

See I hate weak calls in OT...especially when they impact the outcome of the game.

I'm not suggesting everything gets let go but a lot of these slashing calls are bullshyte. Your stick can't touch a guys gloves without a call...big difference between trying to hit a guys stick and throw him off, tapping him to let him know your there and an actual slash...and the refs should know the difference of it.

I hate complaining about refs blowing games but they gotta get off their knees. This series has been some of the worst playoff officiating I've seen in a long time...against both sides, not just the Habs. The Bruins were burned on the tripping call the other night too. This crap just ruins the games IMO.

Omg! :blink:

The last 2 games we looked the loser-Habs we had to suffer with during the mid to late 90's. We spend have the time chasing our own tail in our own end!! OMG!

I hope Guy kicks some serious buttocks in the dressing room the next day or so cause if we keep this up we will be joining Sundin on the course!

:angry:

Montreal had a lot of space to manoeuvre when they matched the Bs work ethic.

But they have to bring everything they have next game or Boston will believe that they

can win. And that is the last thing they want on Tuesday.

See I hate weak calls in OT...especially when they impact the outcome of the game.

I'm not suggesting everything gets let go but a lot of these slashing calls are bullshyte. Your stick can't touch a guys gloves without a call...big difference between trying to hit a guys stick and throw him off, tapping him to let him know your there and an actual slash...and the refs should know the difference of it.

I hate complaining about refs blowing games but they gotta get off their knees. This series has been some of the worst playoff officiating I've seen in a long time...against both sides, not just the Habs. The Bruins were burned on the tripping call the other night too. This crap just ruins the games IMO.

I don't have a problem with the call if they had not ignored about 10-20 calls in the first 10 minutes.

It is like holding in football, you can break it out at anytime and nobody will complain, but the fact that

they ignored everything for the first 10 of OT makes the call dubious.

Only OT calls that should be made are penalties that are obvious (high stick, over the glass)

or infractions that result in a lost goal, chance or infractions that directly create a chance.

Edited by Wamsley01

This is where our lack of depth up the middle is killing us. The number one line is playing so so at best, and we have no second line.

We really need Koivu back, but he won't be rushed. If we can hang on until he is back we should be able to ease the checking on Kovy.

Habs got burned on the line change, penalty to Smoke and the extra attacker get the goal.

Price was really slow seeing the cross-ice pass, no?

No, Price was playing the shot, cause he thought he would shoot. When he passed, Price played the pass and almost made the save. Not slow, just plays his own game.

Someone is complaining that Savard left the bench early and Thomas was still on the ice when the puck went in.

Habsinsideout.com

Don't know how accurate it is. Just somebody ranting.

Edited by Wamsley01