Anybody else just want to punch Sean Avery in the head?

The-Habby2919

After seeing his antics against Brodeur last night I find it hard to think that he has any respect for the game. :angry: If I ever see him in public Id love to give him a good hard shot in the jaw.

:hlogo:

Anybody read the award-winning book, Ender's Game?

He kinda reminds me of Ender Wiggin (the protagonist).

Apparently he has ADHD though, but his creative approach to getting the job done is something that needs to be harnessed by the league's members (off the ice). I seriously think he'd be a better commissioner than Gary Bettman.

He is a super pest and I have enjoyed him most of this year, he has not been involved in any cheap shots.

As for what he did to Brodeur oh well they have a rule for it now so if he does it again he will get 2 and 10.

Actually I'd rather give the ref that was watching the whole thing (and yelled at his a couple times to stop) the punch............IMO that should have been a 2 minute unsportsmanlike penalty PERIOD. You yap at the ref, it's 2 minutes, coaches gesture and they get called etc..... so there should have been a call on the play.

I have no problem with Avery facing the goaltender. What I do have a problem with is him waving his stick around like that.

I found it rather engenious, nobody before him as tried it. however I'm glad the league did something about it right away for I don't it to turn into mockery.

I found it rather engenious, nobody before him as tried it. however I'm glad the league did something about it right away for I don't it to turn into mockery.

there was a bit of creative spark there, have to admit.

Avery is a good physical player and he can score too. He's a big source of distraction and now they talk only about him while Jagr goes unnoticed. The Rangers have a great team built for the playoffs with Drury, Gomez and Jagr, plus one of the top goalie in the NHL. Avery can be a great piece of a championship team. But at what cost? You got to keep some level of common sense and respect for the game and the opponents.

Remember that historic game vs Rangers?

Avery was so scared of Komisarek :hlogo:

(In fact, it looked like Komi was going to fight the whole Rangers team)

If he tries to do that to Price, he'll be Komisared ^_^

Well, I for one actually love all of Avery's tactics. I wish the Habs had someone remotely close as him in terms of pest. Sure, there's Lapierre but that guy needs to be more consistent and creative.

After seeing his antics against Brodeur last night I find it hard to think that he has any respect for the game. :angry: If I ever see him in public Id love to give him a good hard shot in the jaw.

:hlogo:

Actually, I would rather have him on our team than punch him. The guy's a huge asset for the Rangers, he`s having a great series so far, and he`s doing whatever it takes to win hockey games. If I'm not mistaken, he did score during that powerplay... so all we can say is "Great job Sean!".

Also, ever since that "incident", I'm sure his mere presence near the net bothers Marty Brodeur, and that's priceless...

Interesting to note that Marty B didn't shake Avery's hand upon the conclusion of the series. To which Avery responded by calling him a "fatso".

Seriously.

It doesn't matter. It would only look better on the Habs to destroy the Penguins and put baby Crosby on his knees.