Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/17/08

KoZed

Trying not to read into this too much, maybe just look at it as confidence. OB talks about his mohawk and 5 guys left in the room that need to shave their head. His tone seemed a little ahead of himself in the way he refers to the next round and how he has a first round stripe already notched on his head.. I hope OB and the boys don't count their chickens before they are hatched.

GOHABS GO!!!!!!!!!!

1st round stripe

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carbo is hinting LlL TlTS on the point.

Oooooh....I like the sound of that; a guy with the speed to zip in for the backdoor pass is just what we need to throw the Bruins penalty killers off.

Anyone reading this?

Harry Sinden

However, Bruins' Harry Sinden is not impressed by Savard's play.

"I'm not a fan of his," Sinden told the Boston Globe on Wednesday. "He's one of these guys who has batting average but no runs batted in. You know what I mean? He gets a lot of points. He's a good player, I'm just not a fan."

Sinden also raised some eyebrows by mentioning that stalwart defenceman Zdeno Chara may be playing injured.

"We've got a hell of a leader in Chara, but I think he's hurting right now," Sinden told the Globe. "This rib injury. He's playing OK, but he's not as aggressive."

Sounds like he's taking a page from "The Motivation School of Guy Lafleur"

For one Savard is the most dangerous player the B's have at the moment, and two ribs? I thought it was a shoulder if he is indeed injured at all. Doesn't Sinden still work for the Bruins?

No Streit at the point and Lil Kost in replacement means not many shot from the blueline from that part. Either Markov will take the shots now or they'll try more plays down low.

In any case, our PP has been so lame a change wouldn't hurt.

Anyone reading this?

Sounds like he's taking a page from "The Motivation School of Guy Lafleur"

For one Savard is the most dangerous player the B's have at the moment, and two ribs? I thought it was a shoulder if he is indeed injured at all. Doesn't Sinden still work for the Bruins?

It's a few days old. Many B's fans are pissed at Sinden for revealing Chara's rib injury. Especially because Sinden still works as an "advisor" to the Bruins owners.

I think I am done with 300 references after what the Sens pulled on Monday night :lol:

Isn't this idiot dressed like a Spartan??

Still 5 hours and 45 minutes till they drop the puck. I can'T wait!

Edited by Habsfan

I think we will see another tight checking, hard hitting game as usual. If the Habs can score an early one then the floodgates will open, especially if it is a softy.

That's sort of my feeling too. If the Habs can hit early, it might knock all wind out of the Bruins and discourage them for the rest of the game...

... BUT I wouldn't count on it. I just hope the boys don't come out over-confident and flat and let the B's get in a groove. They need to show some of that killer instinct and impose themselves.

The Bell Centre will be a crazy place tonight.

Last game there was a tailgate before the game but it rained and the party didn't rise.

There should be a giant outdoor screen somewhere for nights like this.

Go :hlogo: Go

The Bell Centre will be a crazy place tonight.

Last game there was a tailgate before the game but it rained and the party didn't rise.

There should be a giant outdoor screen somewhere for nights like this.

Go :hlogo: Go

The party has already started at the Bell Centre. It's sunny and a balmy 23 degres in Montreal. People are already partying outside the Bell Centre!

I wish I could be there, but I've got a meeting at 4PM. ######ing sucks!

Edited by Habsfan

according to the Boston Globe:

Tonight's expected lineup:

A. Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev

S. Kostitsyn-Higgins-Ryder

Latendresse-Lapierre-Dandenault

Begin-Smolinski-Kostopoulos

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Brisebois

Gorges-O'Byrne

Price

why have all the bulldogs been called up

i hope carbo isnt thinking of putting them in the line up? is he trying to scare his team? i dont get it

There's no roster limit in the playoffs and the Hamilton Bulldogs are out of the playoff. He can either send all the Bulldogs home early, or have them practice with the team and gain some experience. They probably won't play, but if they're needed, then they've already been practicing with the team and are ready to go.

not that I really care, but does calling up these guys affect their salaries? AFAIK, there is no additional salary paid to players during the playoffs (are there playoff shares like in baseball?), but I know players with 2-way contracts make far more when up with the big club. Is there any way that calling these guys up works out to be like an end of season bonus?

according to the Boston Globe:

Tonight's expected lineup:

A. Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev

S. Kostitsyn-Higgins-Ryder

Latendresse-Lapierre-Dandenault

Begin-Smolinski-Kostopoulos

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Brisebois

Gorges-O'Byrne

Price

Hmm, I guess Ryder deserves as much of a shot as Lats.

not that I really care, but does calling up these guys affect their salaries? AFAIK, there is no additional salary paid to players during the playoffs (are there playoff shares like in baseball?), but I know players with 2-way contracts make far more when up with the big club. Is there any way that calling these guys up works out to be like an end of season bonus?

I believe the players vote on the playoff shares. It may have changed.

I believe they are given a certain amount to divy up among themselves and the more players they include, the less the individual share becomes.

I don't really get why these players are up. Sure, they can help practice and stuff, and they have nothing better to do, but I don't know how good it would be to have that many more people who aren't playing in the games. Maybe they'll send a few of them away soon.

http://ne.cn8.tv/channel/channelhome.asp?lChannelID=647

Came across this link today, it would seem to be a stream site for tonight's game. I have no idea if it will be limited to US IP addresses or anything, but I figured I'd pass it along, since it seems to be an above board way to view the game for us non Canadians.

http://ne.cn8.tv/channel/channelhome.asp?lChannelID=647

Came across this link today, it would seem to be a stream site for tonight's game. I have no idea if it will be limited to US IP addresses or anything, but I figured I'd pass it along, since it seems to be an above board way to view the game for us non Canadians.

good find sir!