Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/17/08

KoZed

Playoffs can be long, very long, and very tough physically and mentally. Almost all the guys called up were on the Calder Cup winning squad last year.

So having them around the team is as much for depth purposes as it is for cheerleading purposes. With Stewart also in reserves, it makes a whole litter of young pups happy and excited but understanding and supportive. Can only help the team spirits.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys :)

Man, I cannot WAIT for the game!

:ghg:

I thought the sens spratan thing was the stupidest intro to a playoff game ever, in any sport. Absolutely embarassing... I wonder what the players thought!?

That Boston Youtube vid was hilarious :clap:

Well, 3/4 hour till game time boys!

:ghg:

Playoffs can be long, very long, and very tough physically and mentally. Almost all the guys called up were on the Calder Cup winning squad last year.

So having them around the team is as much for depth purposes as it is for cheerleading purposes. With Stewart also in reserves, it makes a whole litter of young pups happy and excited but understanding and supportive. Can only help the team spirits.

Gainey also mentioned in an interview about signing Brock Trotter, and that he hasn't had a chance to even meet him yet. That's why he's with the pack called up.

I don't get why some are so freaked out about this. It's a great thing to involve everyone in the family to enjoy the experience. Especially getting to practice with the big squad since so many take the day off. All good from my chair.

Wasnt a Spartan, it was a Roman General, a member of the Roman senate...

You'd think so, but Roman senators wore a white robe, possibly with red stripes, but that's neither here nor there. If they ever wore armour, as it was largely ceremonial. That guy was just dressed in a cheap Spartan/Roman cross costume, so it's an easy mistake to make.

Sorry, history nerd. I try to push him deep, deep down, but he gets loose sometimes.

As does the black belt in origami.

Re: the game, I'm hoping Ryder might respond well to the benching. He wasn't too bad down the stretch when he'd had a few days in the dog house, and since he's playing for a future contract, maybe he'll try to impress (if not do it for the team, but that might be too much to ask).

He would be awesome in Vancouver next year with the Sedins... I just hope he doesn't go to Toronto.

Oh, and Brock Trotter has the second manliest name in the world behind this guy.

Edited by TheAussiePosse

It's a lot more open out there, and we're getting some passing plays together ... a good sign.

Price is handling the puck well, Bruins keep dumping in but can't get to it fast enough.

Price also looks super badass with that mohawk. I hope he grows it longer.

1-1 Caps.

It seems like the game is more open than in Boston.

Would be hard to keep that level of intensity game after game. The B's played their best, they might not be able to keep it up.

The Grind Line is just awesome

2 minors... interference and unsportsmanlike

Images fo Koivu skating, sweeeet