Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/17/08

KoZed

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOOOOOOOOO, great period!

Lots and lots of positives for us. Kovalev looks every bit his old self. More importantly in my opinion, MARKOV really looks like he's in command tonight. The PP is hopping as a result, and between Markov and Breezer we've got tons of great breakout passes happening. We're taking it to them physically too - in short, exactly the right kind of *home game* we need.

Having said that, it's still really tight...as that last-second flurry reminds us :lol:

Price scoops the puck out with his stick.

That. Was amazing.

Almost like Theodore, who, when the puck was falling off his back into the net, he reaches back with his glove and saves it.

We would have been in trouble if they'd have put that away with 5 seconds left in the period.

Nice period Habs! If we can stop the puck falling off our sticks, we'll probably be able to pot a few more.

Chara is getting away with murder tonight..

holy crap.. Price got lucky there....

Lucky? He had everything about that play planned. Did you see the subtle stick direction to put the puck into the post? How he nuanced it into the crease for his behind the back swipe? The man is a virtuoso with his precision...his elegance...

Lucky? He had everything about that play planned. Did you see the subtle stick direction to put the puck into the post? How he nuanced it into the crease for his behind the back swipe? The man is a virtuoso with his precision...his elegance...

:clap:

Price scoops the puck out with his stick.

That. Was amazing.

Almost like Theodore, who, when the puck was falling off his back into the net, he reaches back with his glove and saves it.

We would have been in trouble if they'd have put that away with 5 seconds left in the period.

Nice period Habs! If we can stop the puck falling off our sticks, we'll probably be able to pot a few more.

Yeah, made me think about that Theo save too. That kind of save that define the series. Mix of talent, timing, luck and spectacular

Price is really into it. That was an incredible move.

Reminds me of that Theo reach-around glove save on Guerin in 2002

I was thinking the same thing...

Price has gotten away with a few gaffes this series, got a lucky post, but nice recovery. :)

I bet he was breathing a sigh of relief...

shots 12-6 Habs

hits 18-10 Habs

giveaways 4-2 Bruins

takeaways 2-0 Habs

blocked shots 5-5

Bruins are 53% on faceoffs

Cherry hasn't said anything about the game because boston is losing. If they were winning he would blab away the whole Dick's Corner talking about how good the Broons are. Pathetic, really.

Anyway, GREAT PERIOD BOYS!!

KEEP IT UP!!!

CAREY CAREY CAREY :clap: :clap: :clap:

:ghg:

Anyone else think the floodgates are about to open up in the second? Let's bury these guys.

The Bs dont have nearly as much fight in them as they did in Boston that's for sure.

Man i hate that team.

My favourite moment other than the goal had to have been Chara in his own zone simply losing the puck and the Habs picking it up in the neutral zone and getting a good scoring chance...i think it was the Smoke line that was out for that...Would have been super to score there.

Anyone else think the floodgates are about to open up in the second? Let's bury these guys.

The Bs dont have nearly as much fight in them as they did in Boston that's for sure.

Man i hate that team.

My favourite moment other than the goal had to have been Chara in his own zone simply losing the puck and the Habs picking it up in the neutral zone and getting a good scoring chance...i think it was the Smoke line that was out for that...Would have been super to score there.

Yup.....We are playing our game now. The B's look burnt.

Good period for the habs, i really think all that booing is getting to chara. Wow what can we say about Price, what a guy, playing exceptionnal. The Kovalev line has picked it up, and have seemed to have found each other a little more that period, hopefully it carries on next period and the rest of the playoffs.

GO HABS GO