Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/17/08

KoZed

Habs have to learn with a sense of urgency. Hopefully Game 6 will be it for them, if not it'll be Game 7 with Boston having all the momentum.

So far this season we have responded from defeats quite well. Time to continue to see what we're really made of.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Markov deserves a kick in the ass :angry:

How many sloppy passes and giveaways has he made? He is why our PP has sucked period.

Carbo needs to get Marky focused.

Markov deserves a kick in the ass :angry:

How many sloppy passes and giveaways has he made? He is why our PP has sucked period.

Carbo needs to get Marky focused.

I don't get it. He looked great in the first period...what happened??

Ya know, not enough people are mentioning Markov. He's had some games in this series where he's been a shadow of himself, and he's always been the real key to so much of this team. He's GOT to step up.

Ughhhh...

Didnt' see the game yesterday, but I knew things didn't go well when I opened TSN and saw that the Sharks - Flames as the first news story.

I just went through another 19 pages of Game Thread trying to make some sense of what went down last night. This is my take:

Young fragile teams have the tendency of letting things get to their head, subsequentially boosting their ego to dizzying heights. This can be said about our team.

Problem is, although our coaches have thousands of games experience at an NHL level as players; unfortunately, they have very few as coaches in the Playoffs and you get a sense they've been riding shotgun on the Habs ego cloud as well.

We are treading on dangerous waters here. Someone (Hello Bob) has to smack them around enough to get their ass in gear. You don't want to frighten them too much though cause then you risk getting them stressed out, thus making them ineffective.

In my view, now is where we separate the men from the boys; the leaders from the followers. This years regular season heroics were fine and dandy, but this is what counts. Having an "A" or a "C" on ur jersey means jack if you don't have your "H"eart in your sleeve and "B"alls in your jock to get the best out of yourself and your teammates. You must understand that this is not a game; this is war. You need warriors out there; not pussies. Go out there and win Game 6 convincingly. Grab them by the jugular and finish them off for once and for all....

Do it for the sacred jersey you've been blessed enough to wear. Do it for every little kid who's just waiting for a hero to emulate. Do it for the hoard of followers that bleed bleu blanc et rouge.

And for the love of God, do it for every 30 yr old fool who's half way around the world who sacrifices sleep, work, his wife, and his sanity for this team. :angry:

They need to hit Chara early on Saturday. He is hurt. If he can't play, the Pooh Bears should be nice and deflated. If they don't win, the kids aren't ready yet. Big improvement from last year, but comiing into the season, I didn't think they would make it in. I have a good feeling about Saturday though.

This series worries me because the Habs have continually refused to answer the bell.

How many periods have they won? Won in a sense where they set the tempo and OUTWORKED the Bruins. They have had some

periods where they matched the Bs work ethic, but not many where they outworked them.

The first 3 periods of the series. 2nd period and OT of Game 3 and the 3rd period of Game 4. Six periods in five games! That is awful.

The lack of adjustments is alarming as well. They have taken a massive PP advantage and have turned it into a disadvantage.

They dominated all season by skating hard, creating problems for the Bruins D and winning all the one on one battles.

All things they have not been able to duplicate in the playoffs.

I was so confident that Thomas could not outplay Price that I was less than concerned after Game 3. But I just did not forsee the Habs

disappearing offensively. How many scoring chances have they had in the last 3 games? 10? 12?

If they work hard good things will happen. I expect Price to be strong on Saturday, not so sure about the rest of the team.

The return of Koivu will give them a boost. I hope he is ready to go soon.

Edited by Wamsley01

I wouldn'T count on Saku returning on Saturday. Carbo said Saku would be ready ONLY for game 7 if it was needed.

The lack of adjustments is alarming as well. They have taken a massive PP advantage and have turned it into a disadvantage.

They dominated all season by skating hard, creating problems for the Bruins D and winning all the one on one battles.

What I find disappointing about the PP, si that they don't even get good shots off from teh point. MArkov continually REFUSES to shoot from the point. He has an opening, yet he hesitates and then the opening closes up. The PP has been pathetic and that is worrisome. I just hope this loss will scare the sh.it out of our boys, and will force them to give 110% effort tomorrow!

The Habs haven'T deserved to have a 3-2 lead in this series. The Bruins would definitely deserve to win the series, let's just hope that we can close this series on Saturday!

I wouldn'T count on Saku returning on Saturday. Carbo said Saku would be ready ONLY for game 7 if it was needed.

What I find disappointing about the PP, si that they don't even get good shots off from teh point. MArkov continually REFUSES to shoot from the point. He has an opening, yet he hesitates and then the opening closes up. The PP has been pathetic and that is worrisome. I just hope this loss will scare the sh.it out of our boys, and will force them to give 110% effort tomorrow!

The Habs haven'T deserved to have a 3-2 lead in this series. The Bruins would definitely deserve to win the series, let's just hope that we can close this series on Saturday!

I am amazed that a PP that relied on the point shot last season refuses to take them at all this year.

They use Kovalev as a point man on the side boards and it seems that the job of the D is to get him the puck at all times.

They have to go back to basics. Use Markov and Brisebois as primary puckhandlers and use Kovy as the secondary option.

They have become a one trick pony, just like last season. Nobody in front, no cross crease feeds. Just a bunch of guys

standing around the periphery looking for a tic tac toe one timer.

With the Bruins collapsing down low the one timers are gone. They need to put the puck to the net and crash the crease for rebounds.

They have become a one trick pony

Agreed!

Nobody in front, no cross crease feeds

Why don't they put Lats on the PP, Tell him to park his fat ass in front of Thomas. The bruins have figured out that the Habs like to make those cross ice passes to Kovalev, and they have adjusted. The Habs can't rely on that pass anymore, it seems to get cut off everytime they try it!

They need to wake up and give there head a shake. That wasn't even an effort. They should be well rested for Staurday. This looks very familiar, the amazing Theo year, this team seems to want to win 1-0 now. As soon as something bad happens they fold like a lawn chair.

I beleive the team has caught "littlegirlitis", after the firsat 5 minutes i can't even remember a body check.

Well the good news is during the year when they were embarrassed they normally bounced back with a solid performance.

They need to play to win, playing not to lose never works.

The powerplay starts with movement: fast puck movement as a result of players skating. Markov all but threw up his hands last night in the 3rd, because he didn't have anywhere to pass it. The others are standing around, waiting for Markov or Kovalev to work some magic, forgetting that they have to move their feet to draw the defenders and open up lanes.

The powerplay starts with movement: fast puck movement as a result of players skating. Markov all but threw up his hands last night in the 3rd, because he didn't have anywhere to pass it. The others are standing around, waiting for Markov or Kovalev to work some magic, forgetting that they have to move their feet to draw the defenders and open up lanes.

Yeah, I noticed that. Jesus, even Bob Cole noticed that.

Cole is the best. Last night the Habs were killing a penalty and Cole had convinced himself it was 4 on 4 and when the Habs iced the puck

he says the linesman has waved off icing. In order for him to say that, wouldn't he need to see the linseman wave off the icing?

So now is he not only missing plays, names and powerplays, but he is also making shit up. Time to retire Mr. Cole

Edited by Wamsley01

I have no additional insight, it's all been said. We've been sucking because the powerplay has been sucking and the powerplay has been sucking because Markov and Streit have been sucking and also because everyone is standing still waiting for Kovalev to deke by four players and roof it.

The good news from last night is that Plekanec is playing the way he usually can. We just need Markov and Streit (if he's playing) to play the way they normally do.

The good news from last night is...
...also that it's maybe good they got spanked with that many goals. It should serve to sour our stomach's just as much as losing game 4 soured the B's. Hopefully they respond this time.

Not much of a silver lining :(

Well, this team is going to learn a lesson one way or another.

Here is hoping that it is learning not to take their opponent lightly in round 2 and not on the golf course.

I think their biggest achillies heel over the last couple of years has been work ethic and maintaining intensity.

It has reared it's ugly head once again at the most important time of the year.

I am tired of saying this but all they have to do is match the Bs work ethic and they will win. Is it that hard to do?

Every single game out west is two teams exchanging haymakers for 60 minutes and the Habs think they can throw

a couple per game and come out on top.

Edited by Wamsley01

Well, this team is going to learn a lesson one way or another.

Here is hoping that it is learning not to take their opponent lightly in round 2 and not on the golf course.

I think their biggest achillies heel over the last couple of years has been work ethic and maintaining intensity.

It has reared it's ugly head once again at the most important time of the year.

I am tired of saying this but all they have to do is match the Bs work ethic and they will win. Is it that hard to do?

Every single game out west is two teams exchanging haymakers for 60 minutes and the Habs think they can throw

The golf courses are good this time of year. Koivu's already swinging and the team wants to hit some balls too!

*runs away*

Hasn't it been that way most of the season.

PP bailed the Habs out of many games. Now the PP isnt working, the 1st line is checked as Hell and the 2nd line doesn't even get scoring chances.

Maybe a bitchslap and facing elimination after Saturday's loss is what the team needs to get it through their heads that you have to fight for your wins for 60 mins.

Hasn't it been that way most of the season.

PP bailed the Habs out of many games. Now the PP isnt working, the 1st line is checked as Hell and the 2nd line doesn't even get scoring chances.

Maybe a bitchslap and facing elimination after Saturday's loss is what the team needs to get it through their heads that you have to fight for your wins for 60 mins.

One can hope