Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/17/08

KoZed

This team is young, but it does have something of a collective never-worry attitude that causes games like tonight.

But it also has a collective lets-get-down-to-business attitude that makes them bounce back from games like tonight.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas has not had to make a big save in the last 2 games, we're not getting any chances, and when we do have a chance we're shootin it wide! No doubt in my mind, saturday Koivu make a miraculous comeback, the pp goes 3 for 6 and we advance to the second round. Don't take it easy on them carbo, skate them into the ground tomorrow.

Agreed, that is two times they have had a chance to sew up this series and both times they skated

like it would be handed to them. THe Bruins came out looking to get eliminated and the Habs still

couldn't capitalize.

One of the worst playoff efforts I have ever seen.

This team is young, but it does have something of a collective never-worry attitude that causes games like tonight.

But it also has a collective lets-get-down-to-business attitude that makes them bounce back from games like tonight.

The thing that is beginning to make me nervous though is that they essentially gave away a game.

They mailed that sucker in. You CANNOT do that in the playoffs.

Agreed, that is two times they have had a chance to sew up this series and both times they skated

like it would be handed to them. THe Bruins came out looking to get eliminated and the Habs still

couldn't capitalize.

One of the worst playoff efforts I have ever seen.

I agree 100%

the made the senators look good tonight.

Thats why I think we will win Saturday, we were not dominated by any stretch of the imagination. Boston simply capitolized on the chances they had in the third (although Hammer did not hold that Bruins player for the tying goal)

Too many people won't realize that. For the first 40 minutes the Habs were the better team. They just collapsed after Price's screw up.

I don't think Boston was great in the 3rd either. I mean on home ice, chance to eliminate the Bruins, PP to start the 3rd

and Kovalev takes a dumb penatly, Price hands them a go ahead goal when they had not had a real good chance since the

Kessel goal and then a PP goal and they still did not bring intensity.

I just don't get it.

Thats why I think we will win Saturday, we were not dominated by any stretch of the imagination. Boston simply capitolized on the chances they had in the third (although Hammer did not hold that Bruins player for the tying goal)

The refs were less than stellar tonight. Some phantom calls. 2 diving/hooking penalties? Come on.

But they have been abysmal all series. I don't know how many obstruction calls they missed, but what difference

does it make. The PP is brutal.

I think we were more pumped up for this game then the guys on the ice...............sad really when your; At home, up 3-1, and come out with a game like that....... :puke:

Oh well another road trip for some of you guys..........

I'm glad it was a blowout and not a 1 goal game. Now we can see how Price plays on Saturday. I know the guys will be out for blood.

WHY THE HELL DID THEY EASE UP ON CHARA?

Edited by BCHabnut

Now 3 games in a row that we're held down to 1 goal.

We're due to explode sometime.

You would think. But I remember waiting in 2004 for Thornton to have a 3 point night when the Habs forged the comeback

and it just never came. He went scoreless.

But the first 2 line needs to step up or there will be plenty of stress before this baby is over.

I can't stand being around this place after a loss. People just lose their freaking minds overreacting.

PUT ALL THE KIDS IN NEXT GAME!!!

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev

D'Agostini - Chipchura - Kostitsyn

Latendresse - Lapierre - Stewart

Begin - Smolinski - Kostopoulos

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Valentenko - Carle

Halak

Danis.

^_^

That's what i'm thinking! The law of averages has to kick in at some point. Doesn't it?

PUT ALL THE KIDS IN NEXT GAME!!!

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev

D'Agostini - Chipchura - Kostitsyn

Latendresse - Lapierre - Stewart

Begin - Smolinski - Kostopoulos

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Valentenko - Carle

Halak

Danis.

^_^

Pfft, we shouln't have called up all those guys from Hamilton. It ######ed with our chemistry!

It damn well better be Saturday, the boys need to get their heads outta their asses and their legs moving soon or it may be too late.

Time to focus on the three fundementals of hockey: Skating and shooting.

This was terrible, and Price's first bad game in a while. The refs sucked as well, I think every single called penalty was some sort of dive, from both teams.

The first period looked like a classic Boston-Montreal game, with our first line and the powerplay buzzing. But then we mailed it in. We better come out with a goddamn better effort on Saturday!

Also, it's probably time that Sergei Kostitsyn take a seat in the pressbox.

Thats what my main concern is...our Powerplay and its INABILITY to get going...i had a massive fear going into the playoffs that this would happen...and it has

We are reliant on the PP...I think we need to stick to the basics...stop trying to be so fancy and just shoot the fcking puck!!

Bad game out of Price tonight...i really think that 5th goal took the wind out of the sails in every Canadiens player. Carbonneau should make them leave their equipment on and skates them until they PUKE tonight

Also, did anyone flip back and forth between commercials and see Philly/Washington...just letting everybody know I saw Huet make about 5 spectacular saves and sighed...Lets just hope these 5 goals don't get into Price's head...because if they do I think this might be a 7 game series (especially if we can only score 1 goal a game)