Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/17/08

KoZed

Yes, this series would have been over if it wasnt for a few early breaks, and first OT win...

FIRST:

--- POWERPLAY 2 for 25, 8%!!!....what happened to the best PP last 2 years:

-NO Koivu

-NO movement ( see MARKOV today frustrated and demanding something to happen)

-NO crashing the net, or in front of not

-NO control or possesion ( How many times did I see puck over guys sticks....)

-Shorthanded goal was overdue!!

--- ROOKIE mistakes:

-Obviously the PRICE turnover, for BOSTON winning goal

-S.Kostitsyn penalty, hook for 3rd goal, he is taking far too many penalties away from play

--- 3 STRAIGHT 1 GOAL GAMES scored: 6 players, and no production???

- ???? what the HECK, NUMBER ONE scoring team , you cant win series with 3 one goal games!!!

- HIGGINS, RYDER, PLAKENEC, A.KOSTITSYN, MARKOV, LATENDRESSE, ???? where are their goals!!???

- KOIVU needs to get back

--- COACHING and adjusting to playoffs

- Boston obviously has done their homework:

- they pressure High, and condense the play, KEEPING US TO OUTSIDE!!!

- What do we do? stay to outside, no one is willing to pay price and get into slot...spread them out!!

- Adjusting doesnt mean, switching lines around 10x during course of one game, but STRATEGIC and adapting

--- INTENSITY, and MOMENTUM

- BOSTON HAS MOMENTUM, we are reacting to them, you know you are losing when you react to the other team, you are

winning and control game when force the other team to react to you, REFER COACHING COMMENT ABOVE

--- PLAYERS WHO WERE BENCHED DURING YEAR, now are playing:

- DANDENAULT, BRISEBOIS ( he has stepped up), SMOLINSKI is looking tired last couple games

- maybe bring in Grabvosky ( ALA KESSEL TONIGHT)

-KOIVU, CHIPCHURA

--- BOSTON has the MOMENTUM, still ALL HABS have to do is play .500 and series is won!! BUT ABOVE HAS TO CHANGE

--- WE BEAT BOSTON? IF , now, are we good enough to beat one of next 2 series???

--- AND for a silly question, after 3rd goal in 3rd, should PRICE been pulled, ( look at last goal), " pull a KEENAN"??? hmmmm

Well bottom line, its 3 to 2, because the PP is 2 for 25!!!!! AWEFUL.....regular season, 4 extra goals, which would probably clinch series...

AND...scoring from HIGGINS, PLEKANEC, KOSTITSYN.....( KOVALEV could do better, but without him, this series may have been over, ), MARKOV has made no IMPACT EITHER...

2 GAMES to get act together, or will be all for not...

---

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huet has finally stepped up for Washington. He was huge in the third for the Caps

Got to distract myself from the Habs somehow

That's good, I want that series to go the distance, with the Flyers coming out on top.

Trying not to read into this too much, maybe just look at it as confidence. OB talks about his mohawk and 5 guys left in the room that need to shave their head. His tone seemed a little ahead of himself in the way he refers to the next round and how he has a first round stripe already notched on his head.. I hope OB and the boys don't count their chickens before they are hatched.

GOHABS GO!!!!!!!!!!

1st round stripe

Can you say ... jinx?

How awful it will be going to work when you know the daggers are coming out from all the ABC's. What a bummer. We are in trouble unless the vets get going! Kovalev is excused! Higs and Ryder have to do more. At least Pleks was flying tonight.

Good job by the team to give Carey some support - NOT. :angry: I'll forgive Price's gaffes because the team in front was not helping and was not adjusting to Juien's forecheck aggressive strategy tonight. Carbo has to answer!

Outcoached 4 out of 5 games.

THink so. I thought the Bruins were really unprepared and were lucky the Habs came out totally disinterested.

Name me a Bruin who looked dangerous or made anybody pay the physical price. That was a ballet out there and

the Habs coughed it up.

We'll see what type of mental makeup they have on Saturday

This was terrible, and Price's first bad game in a while. The refs sucked as well, I think every single called penalty was some sort of dive, from both teams.

The first period looked like a classic Boston-Montreal game, with our first line and the powerplay buzzing. But then we mailed it in. We better come out with a goddamn better effort on Saturday!

Also, it's probably time that Sergei Kostitsyn take a seat in the pressbox.

I agree. He is not creating anything outside undisciplined penalties

Mercifully, I family business to attend to and missed the second half of this debacle. So I don't know if these thoughts are valid or not, but...

1. Well...young team. They've struggled to adjust to playoff intensity all series; and they have yet to learn that teams in the playoffs do *not* roll over when they're supposed to. I'm surprised at how good Boston has been, but in principle we can't claim that it's SHOCKING to see the Habs having trouble with the adjustment. I guess :wacko:

2. Cripes, there's loads of clutching and grabbing out there. I don't care what Bettman says, they're NOT calling it like they do in the regular season. My complaint is not that the calls have been bad. It's more what I mildly feared all along, that our natural advantages of speed and skill would be partially compromised by the tolerance for this stuff in the playoffs. That's not an excuse, the Habs have to adjust - but it is a partial explanation.

3. We're really, really missing Koivu. Maybe it was inevitable. I find it ironic that the same old bugbear - lack of offensive depth at C - comes back to bite us now :puke:

THink so. I thought the Bruins were really unprepared and were lucky the Habs came out totally disinterested.

Name me a Bruin who looked dangerous or made anybody pay the physical price. That was a ballet out there and

the Habs coughed it up.

Even the Great Savard, and Lucic looked average out there tonight. The first goal on Saturday's gonna be huge

I'm kinda glad they are being pushed by the Bruins. Pressuretest the team right now, so they'll be hardened for the long road through the playoffs.

...that, and I can get totally hammered watching this game on Saturday. hahah

I'm kinda glad they are being pushed by the Bruins. Pressuretest the team right now, so they'll be hardened for the long road through the playoffs.

...that, and I can get totally hammered watching this game on Saturday. hahah

I Kinda wanted to see GSP beat the crap outa Matt Serra on saturday. Here's hopin the boys end it in regulation.

Mercifully, I family business to attend to and missed the second half of this debacle. So I don't know if these thoughts are valid or not, but...

1. Well...young team. They've struggled to adjust to playoff intensity all series; and they have yet to learn that teams in the playoffs do *not* roll over when they're supposed to. I'm surprised at how good Boston has been, but in principle we can't claim that it's SHOCKING to see the Habs having trouble with the adjustment. I guess :wacko:

2. Cripes, there's loads of clutching and grabbing out there. I don't care what Bettman says, they're NOT calling it like they do in the regular season. My complaint is not that the calls have been bad. It's more what I mildly feared all along, that our natural advantages of speed and skill would be partially compromised by the tolerance for this stuff in the playoffs. That's not an excuse, the Habs have to adjust - but it is a partial explanation.

3. We're really, really missing Koivu. Maybe it was inevitable. I find it ironic that the same old bugbear - lack of offensive depth at C - comes back to bite us now :puke:

Yeah the clutching a grabbing is all over the place. But after what the Ducks pulled last season I am not surprised. Good teams

can fight through that stuff. I was impressed most of the series at how the Habs matched and did not back down from the Bruins intensity

and the Bruins come out with no hitting and the Habs responded with a no hitter of their own.

Back in Boston you are going to see Lucic running wild again. Saturday is a must win, because anything can happen in a 1 game take all

scenario.

I think Muller nailed it when he said that they looked like they were protecting a 1 goal lead late in the game in the second.

Carbonneau needs to shake things up these lines are not working:

Higgins-Pleks-Kovalev

Latendresse-Lapierre-Dandenault

A.Kost-Chips-S.Kost

Begin-Grabovski-Stewart

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Carle

Obyrne-Gorges

...Ryder needs to sit hes useless..Higgins is too, but we need his speed

....The lines need to be shuffled

Can you say ... jinx?

Depends on what they do or don't do in the hotel room in the next few days. Shave heads or get their SHlT together. Bruins have been outplaying them for the last three games now. It's time to start thinking about the game and not the rituals.

I hope they can pull it together because Boston means business.

Carbonneau needs to shake things up these lines are not working:

Higgins-Pleks-Kovalev

Latendresse-Lapierre-Dandenault

A.Kost-Chips-S.Kost

Begin-Grabovski-Stewart

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Carle

Obyrne-Gorges

...Ryder needs to sit hes useless..Higgins is too, but we need his speed

....The lines need to be shuffled

We are fine with the lineup we have Cuz Saku and Striet will be back on sat. Please just let me have that.

Depends on what they do or don't do in the hotel room in the next few days. Shave heads or get their SHlT together. Bruins have been outplaying them for the last three games now. It's time to start thinking about the game and not the rituals.

I hope they can pull it together because Boston means business.

Boston outplayed the Habs tonight. But that effort should have got them eliminated.

Boston did not play well tonight. They were allowed to stay close and they got one break and the habs

collapsed

sort of refreshing to watch two teams skating like crazy... :)

Yea, huge game right now. Both of these teams are so jacked... fans of these teams are spoiled. We get to watch flat, defensive hockey. :P

the Habs coughed it up.

We were sitting on Price and our defensive performance. If we could move the puck like we did all season we'd be O.K, but we can't because of Boston's defense which is getting me worried, it makes Thomas look dangerous.

sort of refreshing to watch two teams skating like crazy... :)

This is what hockey should be. Not this crap we are watching. It is exciting because we have a rooting

interest. But outside the physical aspect it is a snore. Montreal has had 5-6 chances to score in the last 2 games.

That is brutal late 90s hockey

We were sitting on Price and our defensive performance. If we could move the puck like we did all season we'd be O.K, but we can't because of Boston's defense which is getting me worried, it makes Thomas look dangerous.

Yeah, I was sure that Thomas could not outplay Price. But he hasn't had to the last 2 games.

I expect some major lineup changes on Sat to send a message

Edited by Wamsley01

Yea, huge game right now. Both of these teams are so jacked... fans of these teams are spoiled. We get to watch flat, defensive hockey. :P

See how theyre shooting from everywhere?.... why do we seem to need the perfect play?

Difficult not to draw comparisons to the 2004 series; that said, have the Habs ever blown a 3-1 playoff lead?? Anybody know?

never.