Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs Boston Bruins | 04/19/08

KoZed

What???? How come when they interfere or trip, there is an even up call... what a joke...

They mentioned that that Bruins complained to the league about diving. .and now the Habs are getting called a couple times a game.. funny, I didn't realize that the teams could decide on the reffing other then the leafs...

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What???? How come when they interfere or trip, there is an even up call... what a joke...

They mentioned that that Bruins complained to the league about diving. .and now the Habs are getting called a couple times a game.. funny, I didn't realize that the teams could decide on the reffing other then the leafs...

If you want to stop diving in the league. Give a penalty to the diver and that is it.

Idiotic

You'd think that Gainey would hold the same respect as Lou Lamoriello and Claude Julien to be able to speak to Colin Campbell and tell him to deal with the F£*#ing referees who keep calling dual penalties when one is for diving.

You can't have a dive and a legitimate penalty at the same time - it's either a penalty, or it's a dive. It can't be both.

THAT'S WHY YOU NEVER MADE IT IN THE NHL, REFS!

Another freaking 1-goal game heading into the 3rd...

I need to go running 100 times around the block to get rid of the adrenaline...

four on four should favor the habs, but so far tonight it has not

Higgins' goal was 4 on 4, no?

Another freaking 1-goal game heading into the 3rd...

I need to go running 100 times around the block to get rid of the adrenaline...

Higgins' goal was 4 on 4, no?

so was kessel's

Saks and Cube haven't played much in the 2nd. :unsure::unsure:

I dunno about Cube, but Saku played about equal amounts in both periods.

Some real positives tonight. Plekanec seems to have finally figured it out. Higgins too. Koivu is terrific. The Kostopolous line is doing its job to a 'T.' All of that bodes well for our chances and for the next round, if we get there.

The negatives, the fundamental problems, are increasingly clear to me. With Markov damaged, the entire defence suffers hugely, both in QBing the PP, and in our own end. This is NOT something fixable. We're just dependent on him back there - full stop. What I find frustrating is that Hamrlik picked tonight of all nights to start sucking. Would not be surprised at all to find him injured.

One more thing: Andrei Kostytsin must have personally lost 90% of his one-on-one battles in the series, and in this game. His play is simply unacceptable. Unlike his brother, who seems to be struggling but at least genuinely trying, Andrei just sucks. That bodes poorly for his long-term value for us.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Some real positives tonight. Plekanec seems to have finally figured it out. Higgins too. Koivu is terrific. The Kostopolous line is doing its job to a 'T.' All of that bodes well for our chances and for the next round, if we get there.

The negatives, the fundamental problems, are increasingly clear to me. With Markov damaged, the entire defence suffers hugely, both in QBing the PP, and in our own end. This is NOT something fixable. We're just dependent on him back there - full stop. What I find frustrating is that Hamrlik picked tonight of all nights to start sucking. Would not be surprised at all to find him injured.

One more thing: Andrei Kostytsin must have personally lost 90% of his one-on-one battles in the series, and in this game. His play is simply unacceptable. Unlike his brother, who seems to be struggling but at least genuinely trying, Andrei just sucks. That bodes poorly for his long-term value for us.

If I'm Carbo, I basically alternate the Koivu and Kostopolous lines for the third...and pray the D can survive the evening.

Price is probably going to have to come up big a couple of times to win tonight.

I am hoping for Boston to open up slightly and Montreal to make it 3-1 in transition.

This team reminds me of the 92 Habs. They struggled mightily to beat the Whalers and then all the things that were

exposed in the first round bit them in the ass in the second round.

Price is probably going to have to come up big a couple of times to win tonight.

two and counting . . .

here we go

Habs deserve this

I thought it was offside,

BUT now we're not leading maybe were going to skate? For 1 peroid? That's not too much to ask for is it?

WAKE THE FACK UP GUYS AND START SKATING IN BOTH ENDS OF THE ICE!