Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs Boston Bruins | 04/19/08

KoZed

"20 minutes to make a difference..." Lucic on cbc...

Well damn it, wish Habs were thinking that, havent been this ticked since Roy was traded!!!

Montreal is ON WAY to LOSING this SERIES!!!

--- OUTSCORED 10 to 3 in third

--- 2 for 29 on PP, DISGUSTING

--- 3, COUNT THEM 3 1 goal games in a series

--- last 2 games 3rd PERIOD PRICE ALLOWS 8 GOALS!!!!,

--- PRICE is fighting the puck, watch all game he was down early on his knees, last goal, flopping because he didnt come across, 2 other goals he was early on his knees!!!

--- Brisbois, Smolinski, sowing they are getting tired, Streit playing injured..???

--- Although offensively Boillon and KOIVU ( also faceoff) helped immensley, defensively, KOIVU loses his coverage on 2 goals, Boillon gets skinned by Kessel

--- KOVALEV -3!!!!

--- Finally HIGGINS, Plekanec score and Sergei Kostitsyn no penalties...

Too little too late???

ULTIMATELY HABS LOSE if they:

--- DONT WIN 3rd periods

--- PP needs to score ( crying out loud BOSTON has more chances SH then habs on PP)

--- PRICE CANT KEEP GOING DOWN EARLY

"20 minutes to make a difference..."

WELL 60 MINUTES for MONTREAL or very long SUMMER...DAMN IT!!

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heart vs skill.. I will take heart every time...

When Hammer is afraid to go in the corner to get the puck, you are screwed. They are intimidated and I would be hard pressed to point to a guy and say he is playing well, especially in our zone.

10 goals in the last 2 games against... I really don't have much hope for them in game 7.. Boston can taste it and they will show up. I don't have the same faith in the habs.

I will not be satisfied with learning lessons unless they win.

What good was the Carolina lesson? They have now played 4 games in the last 2 playoffs where they could

have buried their opponent and they are 0-4.

That worries me

Wow just a totally pathetic effort right from Carbonneau on down to the players.

Why was Plekanec out there for the faceoff on that Lucic goal? Koivu had won like 70% of his draws!!!

This is what happens when you have a team that relies way too much on Europeans. No heart. No Effort.

Is everybody still so in love with Alex Kovalev? Although its not completely his fault. Plekanec and Hamrllik should share just as much of the blame

Habs are unbelievable when they play with desperation. It should be an amazing game Monday. Bruins boosted up trying to finish the comeback, and the Canadiens playing for their lives

"20 minutes to make a difference..." Lucic on cbc...

Well damn it, wish Habs were thinking that, havent been this ticked since Roy was traded!!!

Montreal is ON WAY to LOSING this SERIES!!!

--- OUTSCORED 10 to 3 in third

--- 2 for 29 on PP, DISGUSTING

--- 3, COUNT THEM 3 1 goal games in a series

--- last 2 games 3rd PERIOD PRICE ALLOWS 8 GOALS!!!!,

--- PRICE is fighting the puck, watch all game he was down early on his knees, last goal, flopping because he didnt come across, 2 other goals he was early on his knees!!!

--- Brisbois, Smolinski, sowing they are getting tired, Streit playing injured..???

--- Although offensively Boillon and KOIVU ( also faceoff) helped immensley, defensively, KOIVU loses his coverage on 2 goals, Boillon gets skinned by Kessel

--- KOVALEV -3!!!!

--- Finally HIGGINS, Plekanec score and Sergei Kostitsyn no penalties...

Too little too late???

ULTIMATELY HABS LOSE if they:

--- DONT WIN 3rd periods

--- PP needs to score ( crying out loud BOSTON has more chances SH then habs on PP)

--- PRICE CANT KEEP GOING DOWN EARLY

"20 minutes to make a difference..."

WELL 60 MINUTES for MONTREAL or very long SUMMER...DAMN IT!!

You have to be kidding me. HE was not responsible for 1 goal in the third period.

Koivu allowed Sobotka to go in untouched. Lucic tips a shot that changes direction and then bounces off the ice.

Koivu allows Kessel to beat him to the net and then Sturm goes untouched in the slot from hashmark to hashmark

and it is Price's fault?

Those were massive defensive zone breakdowns. The lost because they should have lost.

Wow just a totally pathetic effort right from Carbonneau on down to the players.

Why was Plekanec out there for the faceoff on that Lucic goal? Koivu had won like 70% of his draws!!!

This is what happens when you have a team that relies way too much on Europeans. No heart. No Effort.

Is everybody still so in love with Alex Kovalev? Although its not completely his fault. Plekanec and Hamrllik should share just as much of the blame

Koivu was sucking wind and motioned to the bench.. from what I saw, he took himself off...

Doesn't really matter anyway.. they have not been able to get it out even winning the draw...

I feel like puking. That you can let a ball hockey goalie like Thomas win a game like that is disgusting. I'm ashamed to be a Habs fan right now, that may be the softest period I've seen a Habs team play in my 5 decades of being a fan. And what the f*** are these guys doing trying to sit on 1 goal leads?!?! Did they learn nothing last game?!?! Kovy is my obvious choice for goat...he looked disturbingly like last years Kovy tonight. All will be forgiven if he leads us to victory next game, but I'm worried. Geezus, I hope these guys remember their hearts for game 7!!! If we win in 7 this series will be nothing more than experience...let's hope for GOOD experience!!!

Yes I watched the same game as all of you, but I have a lot of faith in the habs for game 7.... They will be ready.

Ye I mean look at the red wings. They totally dominate with no europeans...oh wait... how many key players do they have that arent europeans?

Lets count europeans Zetterberg, Lidström, Hasek, Datyuk and so on... ye, blame europeans.

Well, the stars certainly have lined up very badly.

1-a team that plays a style that could not be better designed to defeat us (trap, aggressive forecheck, physical punishment);

2-a reffing style that allows for massive clutching and grabbing and thus unintentionally favours the slower team;

3-an inury to Markov that is doing severe damage to our entire defensive-zone coverage (and I guarnatee you that Hamrlik is playing hurt too - no WAY does he suck this bad in his own end);

4-(has anyone mentioned this so far?) really bad ice, which also favours the slower team;

5-Carbo getting absolutely schooled by Julien;

6-too many young/inexperienced players who have taken too long to comprehend what playoff hockey is about; some may have figured it out (Pleks, Higgins); some haven't (Streit, both Kostitsyns, Gorges).

all of which resulted in us allowing the Bruins back into the series, and now they have all the momentum and self-belief, while our confidence is in tatters.

I'm also noticing that we seem to be letting up in our skating. Over and over, as we move in to get a puck in either zone, we coast those last three feet instead of pumping like hell. The same applies when we get the puck: a few seconds of leisurely skating before getting serious. And the Bruins are eating us up in those few seconds, every time. Not sure what that's about...I sure hope it's not that they're hearing footsteps.

What can save us? I'm tempted to say 'nothing.' However:

1-good signs tonight regarding Pleks, Higgins and Koivu; and S. Kostitsyn played well for once. These are all elements we did NOT have working for the previous 5 games. On that basis we should be a stronger team in Game 7 than we've been up to now (and we DID score 4 goals tonight. If this were the regular season, we'd say that we've been in a slump and that this is the kind of game you have when you're just about to come out of it). If I'm the coach, I point that out and study the tapes like *crazy* to see how we can bolster our defensive coverage.

2-Pednault has become adamant that the Habs' passive forecheck is doing them huge damage. The Bruins, meanwhile, have two guys in deep all the time and are wreaking havoc. Is there a reason Carbo is not adjusting? (My guess would be he's trying to protect a vulnerable defence, but what the hell, it ain't working). Maybe if he CAN adjust, we can win.

3-I'm not sure Kovy will be as quiet in the next game as he was in this one.

4-The Bell Centre crowd in Game 7.

Basically, however, we are royally boned. Even if we win the game, we'll be a walking hospital for the next series.

Still, it's a team collapse, and the only player that I'm really, truly disappointed in as an individual - assuming Markov and Hamrlik to be injured - is A. Kostytsin. He has utterly vanished, looks like L. Nagy out there, scared and useless. Might be worth shopping him around.

I feel like puking. That you can let a ball hockey goalie like Thomas win a game like that is disgusting. I'm ashamed to be a Habs fan right now, that may be the softest period I've seen a Habs team play in my 5 decades of being a fan. And what the f*** are these guys doing trying to sit on 1 goal leads?!?! Did they learn nothing last game?!?! Kovy is my obvious choice for goat...he looked disturbingly like last years Kovy tonight. All will be forgiven if he leads us to victory next game, but I'm worried. Geezus, I hope these guys remember their hearts for game 7!!! If we win in 7 this series will be nothing more than experience...let's hope for GOOD experience!!!

Everyone in the hockey world knows that if you hit Kovalev he folds.

I am sick

Unbelievable!

This team has no hunger or drive to win anything! They sit back on their butts and are sooooooo complacent to coast. Boston is clearly the more hungry team, and that hurts to say being a Habs fan.

OMG this is the group that got first-overall...???? PLEASE!

If MTL goes out Monday night they deserve it! They look like the Mtl teams of the mid-late 90's!

DISGUSTING!!

:wacko:

You have to be kidding me. HE was not responsible for 1 goal in the third period.

Koivu allowed Sobotka to go in untouched. Lucic tips a shot that changes direction and then bounces off the ice.

Koivu allows Kessel to beat him to the net and then Sturm goes untouched in the slot from hashmark to hashmark

and it is Price's fault?

Those were massive defensive zone breakdowns. The lost because they should have lost.

Lots of people will blame Price for a few of those goals, but those that know hockey will understand that it's not fair to blame the goalie when he's hung out to dry with cross ice passes and guys with 20 seconds unmolested in front of him. Completely gutless team effort and people who are blaming Price are taking the easy way out.

Wow, that winning goal for Boston really summed up the game..pathetic effort by the team overall, only guy who really showed up was Higgins.

Why does Kovalev always disappear when the going gets tough?

Ye I mean look at the red wings. They totally dominate with no europeans...oh wait... how many key players do they have that arent europeans?

Lets count europeans Zetterberg, Lidström, Hasek, Datyuk and so on... ye, blame europeans.

Yeah thats right...how they making out against the Predators? How they making out since Stevie Yzerman retired? Not too well. And Hasek has been pulled for Osgood..... nice Canadian boy for ya there

Lots of people will blame Price for a few of those goals, but those that know hockey will understand that it's not fair to blame the goalie when he's hung out to dry with cross ice passes and guys with 20 seconds unmolested in front of him. Completely gutless team effort and people who are blaming Price are taking the easy way out.

I agree. Cant blame Price when the defence play like blind mice in a dark waterfilled labyrinth. I think Price will love it when/if he gets a good defencive team in front of him.

5-Carbo getting absolutely schooled by Julien;

2-Pednault has become adamant that the Habs' passive forecheck is doing them huge damage. The Bruins, meanwhile, have two guys in deep all the time and are wreaking havoc. Is there a reason Carbo is not adjusting? (My guess would be he's trying to protect a vulnerable defence, but what the hell, it ain't working). Maybe if he CAN adjust, we can win.

Carbo is getting absolutely schooled by Julien

Man oh man, the defense looked like crap. Gorges couldn't tie up a man to save his life, Hamrlik was being pushed around, and Markov was flubbing passes left, right and centre. None of the others did well either.

Well guys no excuses next game, we're at home, we can still do this. It's a team that we beat 13 straight times untill game 3, we know how to win against this team. They can do it, we just gotta show up and play our game, no more ######in periods off! And I have decided to watch game 7 on rds on monday, gotta change it up a little, plus I don't wanna listen to Cherry anymore, this is the start of my CBC boycott.

Yeah thats right...how they making out against the Predators? How they making out since Stevie Yzerman retired? Not too well. And Hasek has been pulled for Osgood..... nice Canadian boy for ya there

Ye... they are great, if it wasnt for Ellis they wouldve already crushed the predators.

Not to mention the Bruins tonight. Chara (european), Sturm (European), Axelsson are all key players that owned us tonight so pls stop blaming it on europeans or you are a very ignorant human being.

Who let Don Cherry in here to spam the board?

That attitude is so ridiculous. Canada got eliminated by the Russians in the last Olympics and lost to the Swiss.

They also lost to the Czech Republic in 1998.

But I am sure it only applies to the Stanley Cup playoffs right.

All talk about Europeans and whatnot aside, Montreal has to snap out of it!

The #1 line continues to play like a #3 line. The powerplay is still terrible. Kovalev's fallen asleep. Andrei Kostitsyn hasn't done anything since that goal in game 1. The defense is being turned inside out regularly.