Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs Boston Bruins | 04/19/08

KoZed

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess we'll see what this team is REALLY made of Monday, will they step up and play [with heart and pride] as a team at both ends of the ice? Or will they implode and contine their "stellar" play of the last 4-5 games.................

I know what I'd bet on :angry:

This team has done this a bunch of times this season, and it doesn't matter if it was Huet, Price, or Halak in net. You can't have this many defensive breakdowns and expect the goalie to constantly save your bacon. Worse, I am not sure Price is so confident anymore. When a goalie is getting rung up (regardless of soft goals or not), it gets to them. It also gets to the team. They start backing in, etc. I am starting to wonder if the team is confident in Price right now. I am pretty sure they have no confidence in themselves.

In any case, unless the defense steps up and starts playing better, Price will look bad. Just too many chances and turnovers.

I predict a blowout. For the Bruins. 5-2, something like that. I've tried to identify causes for optimism, but that's just how this series feels to me...the Bs will put the nail in our coffin convincingly. Hopefully this is just post-disaster hangover talking.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

In other words, the Habs have been sleepwalking through this series and I think that facing elimination is the only thing that can wake them up.

That's what I think too.

Habs will win by a good margin Monday, in front of a ecstactic crowd.

Hope that serves as a lesson and we can beat the Flyers in less than 7..

Man, Im almost 100% percent cooled down (thanks to the GSP win!!!!!) :)

I think we will win tomorrow, tomas will be pulled :)

6-2 HABS!!

:ghg:

to whom it may concern,

1. Those blades on your feet are a liability when you are not moving and an asset when you are, so don't stop skating.

2. You are a pro athlete earning millions of dollars to play a contact sport, don't shy away from contact.

3. The object of the game is to get the puck into the net, not the corners, so when you have the puck, skate toward the net.

3. Finish the play, if you want to clear the puck out of the zone don't stop working until it is really out.

4. Carbo, crack the friggin whip on the softies. Yell, don't scowl, you'll get ulcers otherwise.

5. KoZed you are relieved from Game Day Thread duty ^_^

Go Habs Go

SINNERS!

What is all this loser talk on a Habs board? You are all in sin against the ghosts of the forum that shine brightly on our team! :o:o:o:o:o

hehehehe ok so a little fun to try and break up the anger and frustration over our young developing team. Lets look at this from another angle. For months I have read from the perfect Toronto media Habs won't make playoffs. Then it was Habs can't score. Then it was Price will flop, Gainey made a dumb trade.

Last time I looked, Habs are in the playoffs, scoring goals and Price is playing as good as Huet.

Now what I see is a coach being schooled by a trained good coach on Boston. Not only schooled, but outcoached defensively. If our Habs play better in their end helping Price out a little bit, they should be OK. If someone remembers to fax Kovalev in the morning where the game is wit the scheduled start time, Habs should win. I have never seen a player of Kovalev's talent dissapear so quickly in a series. Not to just point him out as BooBoo Boulion and give away Markov really did not help matters. And did Streit take a wrong turn off of Victory Avenue and end up on MSLE Loser lane... ^_^ Sorry could not help myself.

If the Habs show up for game 7: we will all be singing our victory songs, doing our little second round dance and having a fun time aboard the good ship Habsworld. I will be drinking a cup of tea as I chant Go Habs Go, Go Habs Go.

I will also break out my lucky rabbits foot, tred softly with my voice on here not to trample the Forum Ghosts, and will cheer our team on to victory. Montreal can play better! BOSTON CANNOT!!!!!!!

Now back to my insane asylum for the night.......

5. KoZed you are relieved from Game Day Thread duty ^_^

Thank me for the drama, roller-coaster emotions and panicked tension that will all be released in a huge climax when Montreal wins 6-1 Monday. Without my aweful game thread bad luck, none of this would have been possible...

:monkey:

Oh, and also the bad luck started when I was asked to take my Yvonne avatar down because it was too risqué.

BRING YVONNE BACK!

Thank me for the drama, roller-coaster emotions and panicked tension that will all be released in a huge climax when Montreal wins 6-1 Monday. Without my aweful game thread bad luck, none of this would have been possible...

Oh, and also the bad luck started when I was asked to take my Yvonne avatar down because it was too risqué.

BRING YVONNE BACK!

Crap! (Did I say that out loud?)

Bring back Yvonne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING YVONNE BACK!

I believe HW has no problem with sexy people in avatars, my first avatar was a half-naked chick reclining in a habs gown.

I think it was your wallpaper for awhile hehehe

BRING YVONNE BACK!

I'm superstitious enough to side with you! BRING YVONNE BACK!!!!

Julien's revenge is almost complete. He's absolutely schooling Carbo. i hated his firing and I hate it even more now. He's a playoff coach. Would you rather have 100 pts or playoff success. I hope Carbo is learning something at our expense. Let's hope the home crowd will make the difference because it won't be Guy's strategy...he has none.

Carbo is still learning. This is his first playoff series. The difference between rounds (if it happens) will be huge, and the difference next year will certainly be significant.

This hurts a lot... not going to watch or even listen to GAME 7 Habs are going golfing town... Bruins totally has the momentum now... all those sales of Jersey, Flag etc... RIPOFF !!!

But I'll definitely watch the Pens swept the Bruins in 4 ....

WHY series is Going to seventh game, and lucky Montreal has one last chance:

---PP a PATHETIC 2 for 29 ( from a previous top PP, 2 years running)

---3rd period OUTSCORED 10 to 3 ( from a solid defence performance , now 2 straight 5 goal games, most in series)

---3 games with only 1 GOAL SCORED ( from the top offensive team)

--- COACHING???????

LUCKY THE SERIES ISNT OVER YET,

If Habs pull it off ( no indication they will), what is their destiny???

DAMN IT, DAMN IT, so ticked I cant believe how ticked I am

I'm pretty scared for game 7... at least it's at the Bell Centre. Maybe the Habs will take the Bruins seriously that night....

Wow, glad I was at the Bell centre watching GSP instead of watching this game tonight. Maybe Carbo should throw that fight on for the boys to watch, so they can see what an athlete looks like when he's RISING TO THE OCCASION, THRIVING UNDER THE PRESSURE, and GIVING IT HIS ALL TO ENSURE A VICTORY. Lord knows not a single Habs player has done this consistently over the course of this series.

There are some postive after this game.

The play of Higgins has rise with Koivu return and we have at least 2 line going.

Plekanek broke his bad sequence and a 6+shots on goal game.

EUH thats it.

It's frustrating being a hockey fan, believe in something and cannot do anything about it

when it downsfall. That is life and life s*cks.

Jesus Fcking age Christ Price was GARBAGE...I've been saying it all along he goes down on his knees way too early and Boston has finally figured that out...

As for our team, they are a bunch of GUTLESS Fcks who dont even deserve to wear the CH...they are an EMBARRASSMENT not only to us, and to the Canadiens franchise, but to themselves as well. Do these guys not have any Pride inside of them!?!?!?!? Our fans are arguably some of the best in the world and they put on pathetic display like this when they have a choke hold in the series? One word....despicable!!

I don't care what any of you guys say Price has BLOWN dead bears (well i guess that statement is literal since we are playing the Bruins ^_^). I enjoyed Koivu and Boullions return tonight; both played o.k, but what is with the BLOWN leads? As much as I love the guy, Kovalev really Fcked us over on that weak clear. He needs to get motivated somehow, he plays better angry (like when Chara knocked his helmet off in Game 5...I could see it in his eyes that he was on a mission). Anyways I will be embarrassed to be a Canadiens fan and claim that I watched them religiously this year if they lose the 7th game. If they win...I think if we can somehow manage to set the tone early in game 7, we will gel back to original form and all will be well. As hard as it is to stay optimistic, I believe that the boys can make it out alive with one more win. One more question to everybody on here...Anybody starting to miss Huet yet?

Just a little video to get u wondering if he could have came up huge for us just like that last night.

Good post. I agree, but where there's life there's hope, and we ARE still alive.

You've got it. We've been outplayed in 5 games but we still can win the series with one win. Seriously, how many of you guys would have jumped at that offer at the start of the season. Give the team credit, they ain't boring :lol:

Jesus Fcking age Christ Price was GARBAGE...I've been saying it all along he goes down on his knees way too early and Boston has finally figured that out...

As for our team, they are a bunch of GUTLESS Fcks who dont even deserve to wear the CH...they are an EMBARRASSMENT not only to us, and to the Canadiens franchise, but to themselves as well. Do these guys not have any Pride inside of them!?!?!?!? Our fans are arguably some of the best in the world and they put on pathetic display like this when they have a choke hold in the series? One word....despicable!!

I don't care what any of you guys say Price has BLOWN dead bears (well i guess that statement is literal since we are playing the Bruins ^_^). I enjoyed Koivu and Boullions return tonight; both played o.k, but what is with the BLOWN leads? As much as I love the guy, Kovalev really Fcked us over on that weak clear. He needs to get motivated somehow, he plays better angry (like when Chara knocked his helmet off in Game 5...I could see it in his eyes that he was on a mission). Anyways I will be embarrassed to be a Canadiens fan and claim that I watched them religiously this year if they lose the 7th game. If they win...I think if we can somehow manage to set the tone early in game 7, we will gel back to original form and all will be well. As hard as it is to stay optimistic, I believe that the boys can make it out alive with one more win. One more question to everybody on here...Anybody starting to miss Huet yet?

Just a little video to get u wondering if he could have came up huge for us just like that last night.

So, you're blind and deaf? Price has flat out stolen two wins for us...there's really no arguing it. I saw it, everyone here saw it, the media was gushing about it. Fact is without Price's play the first 4 games, game 5 & 6 wouldn't even be available for discussion. He had a minor rookie meltdown in game 5...the team should have stepped up and made it right for him, instead they ran and hid. If you need something to be embarrassed over look no further than yourself blaming a rookie goalie that got us this far and will still likely get a team that doesn't deserve it in to the next round. I left this board for a month for brutal so called fans like you, I can't even believe the shit you're spewing with 1 game to go and a 50/50 chance of advancing. Christ, fair weather Habs fans like you (and the other 75% that make up these wailing walls you call fan boards make me puke).

Want someone to pin it on? Look no further than the softie, quitter in your name. Number 27 and his followers are proving once again that because there's no money in the playoffs, and lots of hitting...they want to take their puck and go home :rolleyes:

Edited by Fat Tony

So, you're blind and deaf? Price has flat out stolen two wins for us...there's really no arguing it. I saw it, everyone here saw it, the media was gushing about it. Fact is without Price's play the first 4 games, game 5 & 6 wouldn't even be available for discussion. He had a minor rookie meltdown in game 5...the team should have stepped up and made it right for him, instead they ran and hid. If you need something to be embarrassed over look no further than yourself blaming a rookie goalie that got us this far and will still likely get a team that doesn't deserve it in to the next round. I left this board for a month for brutal so called fans like you, I can't even believe the shit you're spewing with 1 game to go and a 50/50 chance of advancing. Christ, fair weather Habs fans like you (and the other 75% that make up these wailing walls you call fan boards make me puke).

Want someone to pin it on? Look no further than the softie, quitter in your name. Number 27 and his followers are proving once again that because there's no money in the playoffs, and lots of hitting...they want to take their puck and go home :rolleyes: . Let's see if Price can steal one more win to carry their quitting chickenshit asses to the next round.