Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs Boston Bruins | 04/19/08

KoZed

Jesus Fcking age Christ Price was GARBAGE...I've been saying it all along he goes down on his knees way too early and Boston has finally figured that out...

As for our team, they are a bunch of GUTLESS Fcks who dont even deserve to wear the CH...they are an EMBARRASSMENT not only to us, and to the Canadiens franchise, but to themselves as well. Do these guys not have any Pride inside of them!?!?!?!? Our fans are arguably some of the best in the world and they put on pathetic display like this when they have a choke hold in the series? One word....despicable!!

I don't care what any of you guys say Price has BLOWN dead bears (well i guess that statement is literal since we are playing the Bruins ^_^). I enjoyed Koivu and Boullions return tonight; both played o.k, but what is with the BLOWN leads? As much as I love the guy, Kovalev really Fcked us over on that weak clear. He needs to get motivated somehow, he plays better angry (like when Chara knocked his helmet off in Game 5...I could see it in his eyes that he was on a mission). Anyways I will be embarrassed to be a Canadiens fan and claim that I watched them religiously this year if they lose the 7th game. If they win...I think if we can somehow manage to set the tone early in game 7, we will gel back to original form and all will be well. As hard as it is to stay optimistic, I believe that the boys can make it out alive with one more win. One more question to everybody on here...Anybody starting to miss Huet yet?

Just a little video to get u wondering if he could have came up huge for us just like that last night.

Congrats, most ridiculous post of the night.

Reasons for Game 7

1. Andrei Kostitsyn..........22. Carey Price

It is also hillarious that you want Huet who has given up 17 goals in 5 games because he made some miraculous saves

in Game 4 in a game they lost and is actually trailing in his series. :rolleyes:

Huet has had just as many ups and downs as Price has had in this series.

And before somebody feels like blaming Price for the 3rd period meltdown can they provide insight to how a guy all alone,

a deflection off a stick then the ice, a tip in at the side of the net and a guy unmolested in the slot were to be stopped.

What about the inside out on Bouillion, I guess that was Price's fault as well. Shot an inch and a half under the corner cross bar.

Please provide the goaltender analysis to back up the blame.

It is amazing to me that nobody blamed Price on Thursday, when he handed 2 to the Bs. Yet tonight? Nonsense

Edited by Wamsley01

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reasons for Game 7

It is also hillarious that you want Huet who has given up 17 goals in 5 games because he made some miraculous saves

in Game 4 in a game they lost and is actually trailing in his series. :rolleyes:

Listen at the end of the day Carey Price did not take us all the way to first...Huet did too...ok? Dont Like it? Too Bad...its called reality...something u gotta live with. Did price play all 82 games for us to get us where we are? NO...What the hell was he doing on that Sturm goal? Can somebody please tell me? Does he think he's Hasek? :rolleyes: now thats something that i can roll my eyes to. Yeah.... Huet has given up 17 goals...but look buddy; this game was lost in the 3rd period...wanna know Huet's stats for the 3rd period the past 2 games for the Caps? 1 goal for 2 periods...Carey Price has let in 8 goals. Wasn't it JMMR who told me Price was clutch?....I don't see clutch. What i see is a rookie goalie who has been assigned to a task on the biggest stage of them all in the city that lives for hockey....and what could have been a wonderful career there could very well turn sour in a hurry because hes being pushed too hard too early. You have just taken the cake for worst comeback post of the night

Edited by l<OV4L3V

Want someone to pin it on? Look no further than the softie, quitter in your name. Number 27 and his followers are proving once again that because there's no money in the playoffs, and lots of hitting...they want to take their puck and go home :rolleyes:

In case you didn't notice...your argument is a two way street...we wouldn't have finished first in the east is number 27 wasn't in that locker room...don't think for a second this team could have had this kind of a regular season without Kovalev. And that "softie" is the one of the reasons this series is even 3-3 (do you not remember the Overtime winner in game 2?...Oh wait...I'm pretty sure he was the only Habs who scored for us in game 5 too. Are you just plain out stupid? It's fans like you who piss me off because you roll over and say next season...next season...Blame Kovalev for us not going deep. The only person the finger should be pointed at (and this is if we do in fact lose game 7)...is Bob Gainey!!!

For a) Not pulling the trigger at the trade deadline to get an impact player and b) For making a stupid move by letting Huet go for peanuts (see Hal Gill trade and what Leafs for in return)

In case you didn't notice...your argument is a two way street...we wouldn't have finished first in the east is number 27 wasn't in that locker room...don't think for a second this team could have had this kind of a regular season without Kovalev. And that "softie" is the one of the reasons this series is even 3-3 (do you not remember the Overtime winner in game 2?...Oh wait...I'm pretty sure he was the only Habs who scored for us in game 5 too. Are you just plain out stupid? It's fans like you who piss me off because you roll over and say next season...next season...Blame Kovalev for us not going deep. The only person the finger should be pointed at (and this is if we do in fact lose game 7)...is Bob Gainey!!!

For a) Not pulling the trigger at the trade deadline to get an impact player and b) For making a stupid move by letting Huet go for peanuts (see Hal Gill trade and what Leafs for in return)

LOL now it's Gainey's fault! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Only in Montreal could you build a #3 OVERALL team and get attacked as a moron.

Listen at the end of the day Carey Price did not take us all the way to first...Huet did too...ok? Dont Like it? Too Bad...its called reality...something u gotta live with. Did price play all 82 games for us to get us where we are? NO...What the hell was he doing on that Sturm goal? Can somebody please tell me? Does he think he's Hasek? :rolleyes: now thats something that i can roll my eyes to. Yeah.... Huet has given up 17 goals...but look buddy; this game was lost in the 3rd period...wanna know Huet's stats for the 3rd period the past 2 games for the Caps? 1 goal for 2 periods...Carey Price has let in 8 goals. Wasn't it JMMR who told me Price was clutch?....I don't see clutch. What i see is a rookie goalie who has been assigned to a task on the biggest stage of them all in the city that lives for hockey....and what could have been is a wonderful career there turn sour in a hurry because hes being pushed too hard. You have just taken the cake for worst comeback post of the night

You find me one goalie who makes the stop on the Sturm goal. It was a desperation lunge.

BECAUSE HIS DEFENSE ABANDONED HIM.

Still no analysis as to why it was a bad goal. Just some weak statistical analysis of Huet letting

in 1 goal in the third. HUET HAS ONLY WON 2 GAMES IN THE SERIES!

Irrational nonsense. Unitl you tell me how Price should have stopped the goals and the breakdown

in his form that caused them, you are saying NOTHING.

One more question to everybody on here...Anybody starting to miss Huet yet?

And Huet has done what in his career?

Get over Huet, he is a career back up goalie that is going to strike the motherload with Washington. Or did you forget how bad he played with the 'habs season on the line the year before when he CHOKED.

Price is the real deal and sometimes I wonder what happened to the real Habs fans on this board....

This is my last post and access on this board till next season, I just cannot deal with all the WHINE on here right now. Senator fans and Leaf fans calling out the Habs on TSN and Habs fans just agree. How weak can we be....

Well I do hope all of you have a great summer and I'll talk to you again when camp breaks in september.

-Jeff

Funny, living in T.O I always thought that Leaf fans were the only people capable of this type of nonsense.

One thing Habsworld has shown me is that every team has them.

Okay so whens the rebuilding going to end guys? Last year we went on about how this team is going to have a better look for 2008/2009?...you b!tch and complain about how we got a bunch of softie european rookies who dont play with heart.....What do they play with then? And if they are just that...congratulations...we just build a replica Ottawa Senators team that can win the east every year and disappear in the playoffs. Who hired the scouts to look at them....is this team really better off with them? You guys really like to contradict yourselves...its funny how some of you vulture off a realist....but go ahead keep your delusional perspectives...I'm just stating my opinion

Edited by l<OV4L3V

Okay so whens the rebuilding going to end guys? Last year we went on about how this team is going to have a better look for 2009/2009?...you b!tch and complain about how we got a bunch of softie european rookies who dont play with heart.....What do they play with then? And if they are just that...congratulations...we just build a replica Ottawa Senators team that can win the east every year and disappear in the playoffs. Who hired the scouts to look at them....is this team really better off with them? You guys really like to contradict yourselves...its funny how some of you vulture off a realist....but go ahead keep your delusional perspectives...I'm just stating my opinion

WHEN IS THE REBUILD GOING TO END??????????????

ROTFLMAO :lol:

Funny, living in T.O I always thought that Leaf fans were the only people capable of this type of nonsense.

I'm sorry that your watch is broken and you don't mind watching the 93 Canadiens win the stanley cup on your VCR.

It's been 15 years....(if we do not win game 7....)

Come on, you haven't noticed that yet? Every time the team faces adversity there are people calling for so-and-so to be traded, for Carbo to be fired, saying Gainey is an idiot, etc.

Come on, you haven't noticed that yet? Every time the team faces adversity there are people calling for so-and-so to be traded, for Carbo to be fired, saying Gainey is an idiot, etc.

Yeah...and not all fans can be unanimous about a decision, It happens everywhere you go. Really, there is no right or wrong. Anyways, no point in prolonging this this back and forth debate...as i'm sure it could go on for hours, unfortunately i have better things to do than to debate all day long. Lets just watch game 7 unfold as it does and hope the team can pull their sh*t together and string together a win GO HABS GO :hlogo: Remember Wamsley, we cheer for the same team, some of us are just growing a tad more impatient than others for Lord Stanley to return to Montreal where the cup belongs.

Okay so whens the rebuilding going to end guys?

:huh:

THE REBUILD IS OVER!

WE FINISHED FIRST IN THE EAST!

Just calm down. Price didn't really have a chance on any of the goals last night, one of them bounced off the ice and took a weird bounce, and then on the winner, he was completely alone with the Bruins shooter.

How is this team like the Ottawa Senators? We are built nothing like them, we won the East for the first time and now we are going to Game 7 of a playoff series. If we lose Game 7 and yuo say we choked, I wouldn't argue that. But there's no reason to think we are going to do this year after year - this is our first elite season since when? '95? When we choke a couple more times, or even once - we haven't lost yet - then you can start making comparisons.

WAITING for game 7 is the worst part. It gives me way too much time to analyze and desperately look for positives.

After every loss now, I keep thinking we will bounce back with a great effort, but it has NOT happened. So trying to tell myself the same thing now is hard. This worries me.

If there is one thing that brings me comfort right now, it is this:

No matter how soft, hurt, tired, euro, or scared this team is right now.....if they have any sense of self-respect or dignity, they will NOT want to lose game 7 on home ice in front of this crowd. Not after this season, not after the support they've received, and definitely not with the expectations they had coming in against the bruins.

I have to believe they will fight tooth and nail for this not to happen.

Where does it say I just noticed it. I said living in T.O I only had access to Leaf fans. And they are

unbelievably optimistic and arrogant. Habs fans are not the same, they see impending doom at all times.

But I realized a long time ago due to Habsworld and the internet that all fan bases are the same, they are all

irrational, but all have their idiosyncrasies

Spare me, that overtime winner was payback for the selfish penalty he took to give the bruins overtime. Kovy was great in the regular season, no argument...but once again when the pressure is on he's nowhere to be seen. I hope he proves me very wrong tomorrow night, I really do...but his history of quiting and sandbagging precedes him...prove me wrong Kovy, prove me wrong. And yes, I clearly must be stupid arguing with a single celled amoeba like you :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, I never pointed any fingers, I suggested you look at your boy after you unreasonably lambasted the 20 year old rookie Einstein :rolleyes:

Where does it say I just noticed it. I said living in T.O I only had access to Leaf fans. And they are

unbelievably optimistic and arrogant. Habs fans are not the same, they see impending doom at all times.

But I realized a long time ago due to Habsworld and the internet that all fan bases are the same, they are all

irrational, but all have their idiosyncrasies

Wammer, I couldn't agree with you more. Toronto fans amaze me at their eternal optimism, sure they get down on their team as the decades of failure mount, but always stick with them. By the same token, Leafland has more bandwagon jumpers than any city I've personally ever seen. On these Habs fan boards, EVERY loss is Armageddon and Gainey is always a buffoon to the same old simpletons. I used to let it get to me, now I just laugh at these dullards.

This kills me to even say this, but some of the fair weather fans on this board could actually learn something from the true Leaf diehard fans!

I'm pretty scared for game 7... at least it's at the Bell Centre. Maybe the Habs will take the Bruins seriously that night....

The problem is that we've been taking them too seriously. We're playing scared (scared of losing, not physically scared). And if we were playing scared when we WEREN'T facing elimination, how will we play once we ARE?!! That's why I hold little hope for tomorrow night's game. (When Boston was faced with this situation in '04, they couldn't even score in that last game.)

Having said all of this, I think people here are over-reacting. Our team is still a very good team. Sometimes circumstances just don't pan out right in the playoffs. Boston overcame a huge monkey on their back by finally beating us. And the good feeling from that gave them tremendous momentum. Sh*t happens. This team gave me tremendous satisfaction this year, and while it's disappointing to go out in the first round, they're a team heading in the right direction wouldn't you agree?

For all the people dumping on Kovalev... you have short memories. He was one of our best, game before last. He scored the winning goal in game 2 overtime. He was a huge factor in our first round playoff victory a few years back. He was our best player this year. Cut him some slack please. The moment he touches the puck, 3 Bruins are on him. It was up to Plex and Andrei to take advantage of the Bruins paying too much attention to Kovy. They are more to blame than him for the failure of the line. (Although Plex played well last game.) Personally I would sit Kostitsyn and put Stewart in his place. I don't know if Stewart would make any difference but it couldn't be any worse than "lets-get-rid-of-the-puck-as-quickly-as-I-can" Kostitsyn out there.

Another bright light has been our captain, who once again, has shown me what the word "courage" really means. (And I was down on him earlier this year. I was dead wrong, pure and simple.)

- Jack

Reasons for Game 7

And before somebody feels like blaming Price for the 3rd period meltdown can they provide insight to how a guy all alone,

a deflection off a stick then the ice, a tip in at the side of the net and a guy unmolested in the slot were to be stopped.

What about the inside out on Bouillion, I guess that was Price's fault as well. Shot an inch and a half under the corner cross bar.

Please provide the goaltender analysis to back up the blame.

It is amazing to me that nobody blamed Price on Thursday, when he handed 2 to the Bs. Yet tonight? Nonsense

I agree with you, but I also believe that if that was Huet in net, you would have blamed it on him. :lol:

This lost (like several this season) is clearly due to a complete defensive breakdown. When a team plays solid defensively, Huet or Price can look great. When a team plays like crap, it is hard for any goalie to consistently bail them out.

This team needs to wake up and put in more effort then the Bruins. If Price gives up a soft goal, then they need to work harder. They owe him that much by now.

For people who want to blame Carbo.. remember, he is a coach, not a surgeon. It is unrealistic to expect him to sew a pair of balls on some of these players. :)

POST OF THE DAY... WEEK... NO THE DAMN YEAR!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: